Ok Sup Forums... what's this? i saw a guy saying a lot of good things about .net in a forum...

Ok Sup Forums... what's this? i saw a guy saying a lot of good things about .net in a forum... so i want to know that it is... is a languague like C++,Java or C? is it Microsoft .NET? or only has similar names?

It's java done right.

It's shit.

what does that mean? should i need java before learn .net?

It's the same fucking thing.

Why is it even called ".NET"? It has literally fuck-all to do with "net" anything. Same thing really with Intel's "Netburst" P4 architecture. Is it just marketing cunt inventions because everyone was obsessing about getting onto the internet back then and would jump onto anything with "net" in its name?

should i learn C# before of learn .Net? what's .net for? why is there C# ASP.NET and VB.NET... what's the difference?

ASP.NET :^)

do you actually don't know what .net is???

Given that it makes no actual sense to put "net" into the name of a general purpose CPU architecture or a general purpose software development framework, yes, it was probably marketing bullshit and nothing else behind that naming.

No, can you explain me what it is? what should language should i learn before go in? pls

>Nu-Sup Forums
>Literally no idea what .NET is and what languages it supports
>Doesn't know the first thing about programming
>Can't even use Google to find out these things in about 30 seconds

This board is fucking garbage.

fucking google it you retard, if you can't do that, don't start programming, we don't want you.

I will expalin everything in detail if you prove you are not a pajeet

>tfw you cucks are this ill informed on the worlds 3rd most used programming language

> This board is fucking garbage.
Wow breaking news

>.NET is a language

.NET is a framwork similar to the java runtime

it has many languages such as c#, f#. c++/cx, vb.net

.net based languages compile to something called IL (aka MSIL) which is again very similar to java bytecode.

the java platform and .net platforms are not compatible. you cannot mix and match code. however you can mix and match between the .net languages such as write of it in f# and some in c# to build a single product.

Just start learning c# and things will start to clear up

Also do this because all the work going for .net stuff is c#

t. lifelong c++ developer looking to pick it up for easier money after current gig ends

List list = new List()
This triggers the javafags

Is this better than List, performance-wise, because there's no need for a bunch of unboxing, right?

What makes you think that int isn't an Object in C#?