Pajeet moved to the UK

What the fuck is this Sup Forums? Does this happen often on Ebay?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6xJfC3jCPXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How is it so cheap?

It'seems probably 8gb usb that reads as 500gb.

Chinks do this all the time.

I don't know. That's why I think it's a scam. If it truly is a scam, you're covered by Ebay and Paypal if you use it.

> Manufacturer refurbished

Is there some kind of loophole for "refurbished" items?

The picture is of a 750 evo and they dont even go up to 500gb... It;s probably one of those "cheap USB flash drive with two bolts inside an SSD case" scams that often show up in joke sites.

yeah
the first 3 hits I got for searching "Sandisk SD card" are fakes.

even ordered one a couple of moths ago without knowing that a 5000+feedback sellers has fake shit.
made a refund later over ebay and kept the painfuly slow SD card for my hacked 2DS

nice.

the thing is you cannot get scammed by buying on ebay. All you have to do is raise a dispute and instantly get your money back no questions asked.

ebay is shit for sellers because buyers just say "i received a box full of rocks" and there's fuck all you can do to disprove it.

You might as well buy 10 of these just in case they're real.

Or better:
>plastic 3d printed case
>4gigs sd card with modified firmware
>weights
>samsung logo printed, cut and glued on case

I bought one and I'll report back with my findings once it gets here.

Stolen goods

This is a common scam tactic. What they do is take a 8GB or cheaper USB flash drive with a USB-SATA converted board and modify the BIOS to report a capacity much greater than it actually is. Then when you plug the device into your computer, it overwrites all sectors continuously until it hits its new "limit" so that everything you've written on the device prior is no longer recoverable. It shows that it has 500GB, but it's only keeping 8GB.

What program should I use to write random data to it to see its true capacity?

You won't need to check for that. Plug in the device and look up its properties. If it says "GENERIC USB DEVICE" or anything not "SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB" on the device name, it's a fake.
And even if they managed to modify the BIOS to throw you off here, download and install Samsung's own SSD utility tool and check its properties. If it throws any errors at all, it's a fake or defective.

There are Samsung OEM SSDs which aren't recognized by its software.

Check out VWestlife's vid on these fake flashdrives:

youtube.com/watch?v=6xJfC3jCPXM

But they're still recognized as Samsung drives in their properties. I have one of the OEM drives in question, the XP941, and it's still recognized in the Samsung Magician utility even if I can't access the TRIM features.

And I know for sure that the 850 PRO/EVO and 750 EVO are 100% compatible with the software.

>Seller does not offer returns
>Item location: ... United Kingdom

Aside from whether they're fakes or stolen (they are), seller is breaking the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Report them on eBay and contact their local Trading Standards, who will promptly pop round their house and fuck them up.

are you saying we can pop a cap in this niggas ass?

They already closed their account lel

Really? Has the account been shut down during the duration of this thread? What happens to 's order?

lol I dunno

Yeah, i checked earlier today when the thread was new and he had a bunch of fake iphone5's and 6-es for 60$ on there next to the SSD's, now everything's gone.

As for , hard to say. They couldve marked it as shipped but considering all the attention they got they might prefer to just bail altogether.

Btw don't be fooled if a seller has excellent feedback, there are plenty of bots that can drive up that score for em. I doubt all those "customers" in 's post that bought 8 at a time are real.

They usually cancel it.