pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hNRH1ULmbNA
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/5hq9oo/we_are_the_second_most_positive_subreddit/
massdrop.com/buy/tex-yoda
daskeyboard.com/daskeyboard-4-professional/
advancetec.co.uk/ducky-shine-5-rgb-brown-cherry-mx-switch-mechanical-keyboard-dksh1508st-bukadaat1.html
overclockers.co.uk/ducky-shine-5-mechanical-keyboard-brown-cherry-mx-switch-rgb-lighting-abs-double-shot-keycaps-kb-180-dk.html
cclonline.com/product/220139/NoMfgCode/Clearance-Keyboards/Ducky-Shine-5-Cherry-MX-Brown-Mechanical-Keyboard-w/-RGB-Illumination-Open-Box-/KBD1264X/
youtube.com/watch?v=MDZSh2gmKUU
youtube.com/watch?v=5_aKXBeOjuI
youtu.be/hK2cnxXauls?t=40
youtube.com/watch?v=GYBr2LcRdr8
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=1&switch=&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=337
pckeyboard.com/page/product/UB4044A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

;_;

Happen to have stock mx clears to compare the weights to?

Is there a bigger meme than mechanical keyboards?

MOD-L: The lightest of the new mod switches with an actuation of 45g. These are said to be between a Cherry Brown and Cherry Clear. I have to disagree with that. I actually find these to feel very similar to Cherry Browns.
. EDIT: I've typed a bit more extensively and did some blind testing with the browns vs the MOD-L and have changed my opinion on the bump. The bump is a little more prominent on the MOD-L, which I believe may be due to the slightly heavier feel of the MOD-L (despite being 45g actuation). When pressed slowly, the tactile bump on the brown has quick onset/offset and feels sharp. In contrast, the tactile bump of the MOD-L has a longer onset/offset and the bump feels quite smooth and drawn out. I wouldn't compare the MOD-L to a topre switch (unlike the MOD-M). In summary, it feels like a slightly heavier Cherry Brown that has been made much smoother and the tactile bump softer, bigger, and more drawn out.

MOD-M: This feels drastically different compared to MOD-L. With 55g to actuate, these are the middle of the 3 new MOD switches. These have been previously compared to 45g Topre and I would say that's a reasonable comparison. When pressed slowly, it feels similar to the MOD-L but with a more noticeable bump, but one that is still smooth/drawn out. However, in contrast to the MOD-L, when pressed quickly, the MOD-M, retains its tactile bump whereas the MOD-L loses a bit of the bump. This makes it feel significantly more tactile when compared to its lighter counterpart.

Wobble: Both the side to side and vertical wobble are more than that of a Cherry switch from what I can tell. I have only tested these with OEM and cherry profile keycaps (I don't own DSA or SA). The wobble isn't to a degree where I would be deterred from purchasing these switches.

>55g to actuate
>compared to 45g Topre
>noticeable bump, but one that is still smooth/drawn out
>wobble isn't to a degree where I would be deterred from purchasing

I want. But since I missed out on the Viper V3 I don't even know what I'd put them in.

Just get the tada68

145$ and should you not like it you keep the switches and keycaps.

>Viper V3
what happened with that. They sold out in like three hours, and where a 150 bucks more expensive then last time

People ordered 3 at a times.

>tada68
Maybe sometime. 65% really seems ideal to me. I like having extra keys.

I mean, you summed that up pretty well. It went for sale with no warning in the night and sold out very quickly. It was very poorly run, but you can't say that because keyboard 'culture' is a complete hugbox.

Actually the GH thread is like 7 pages of whining and crying so you CAN say that.

It's just that it won't change anything, much like the liberal cucks protesting Trump election

link to the thread plz. I wanna read some salt

geekhack org/index.php?topic=86087.msg2310808

>Actually the GH thread is like 7 pages of whining and crying so you CAN say that.
You must have been in a different thread than me.

I saw mostly counter jerking, and people thanking the GB starter for ALL HIS HARD WORK.

Called it:

youtube.com/watch?v=hNRH1ULmbNA

i am so happy, and i don't hate myself :))))) !!!!!!!!!!! :3~

reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/5hq9oo/we_are_the_second_most_positive_subreddit/

wew lad

That's some psycho shit

How I can get solarized keycaps?

Reincarnate and try again in the next life.

make them yourself at wasd keyboards :^)

Is there any cheaper 3D printers that are able to print good quality keycaps

hahaa slurp :-D

>3D printers
>good quality keycaps
>cheap

Not gonna happen buddy. Its much better to use a silicone mold instead. Thats what most of these (((artisan))) keycap makers use

I've never owned a mechanical keyboard in my life and I'm considering buying myself one for Christmas. Right now I have my laptop set up on a docking station with a full sized membrane Dell keyboard from years ago and the rubber is disintegrating.

My friend has a Razer Blackwidow I've used before and the switches were fine I guess although a little loud.

Can you recommend me something with a quiet tactile switch, 80%, backlit at under or around $200?

I'm unfamiliar with any brands that aren't gaymer marketed so I have no idea about the reliability of certain sellers.

>a quiet tactile switch
You have a few options such as Matias Quiet Clicks, and Topres/their clones. As far as back lighting is concerned there is only one Topre board that does this and it has RGB lighting. Their clones have more options. You can buy them here:

mechanicalkeyboards.com

>How much have you spent in total on this hobby?
About $800 of my own money. My first board was another $180, but it was also a gift.

>Most regrettable purchase?
A POK3R that I can't use as my daily driver anymore. Thinking of replacing the clears with something lighter, maybe even replacing the controller and writing some custom firmware. For now, it just sits on a shelf.

I'll look there, thanks.

Why can't you use it anymore? MX Clears too heavy for daily use?

Hi /mkg/, first time poster here.

So I'm interested in getting a mechanical keyboard. I love my current keyboard (as in pic) because of the media keys and because of the very high activation force. Problem is my current keyboard came with my last prebuilt in 2006 and it's been through a lot so it's very dirty and the membrane is very beaten up.

So I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard with big dedicated media keys, high activation force and a USB hub. I'd also like a sleek looking classy keyboard.

I've seen a keyboard on massdrop, the Tex Yoda, that looks perfect for me as I like trackpoints. Problem is it's way too expensive and there hasn't been a drop for it in years.
massdrop.com/buy/tex-yoda

Thanks for any help in advance. If there's no suitable keyboard I can always just buy another of the one I'm currently using.

Hold on, when I said quiet I just meant something that wasn't overly loud, not out of it's way to be quiet, sorry. A regular tactile switch like Browns or Clears

Topres are still some of the best switches out there

Congrats, you're getting a Daskeyboard. It has everything you've asked for. Have a nice day.

I think it's mostly the cramped layout. I used to like it but now I get wrist pain after 20 minutes, even though I can use my full size with greens just fine. For daily use I've switched to a TKL with Matias quiet clicks.

daskeyboard.com/daskeyboard-4-professional/

It has a ruler on the bottom

and a laser etched sticker!

SHIEEEET

what am I looking at and where can I find more

Guys

WOW THEY REALLY DONT MISS ANY DETAIL XD

Split hhkb bro

HAPPENING

Oh shit.

That shit's 3D printed

ARE THOSE FUCKING TOPRE CAPS

I am typing this message (well half of it) on the left hand PCB. Seems to work! Really I need to get the plates sorted now so I can actually use the keyboard since I'm currently just balancing the bendy plastic prototype plate on the circuit board, making it somewhat of a nightmare with springs occasionally flying everywhere. This is the current setup:

Zoom in (real dimensions: 2448 x 2448)Image

I think the case should be simplified to just being the plate suspended above a piece of acrylic:

Zoom in (real dimensions: 1892 x 901)Image

Reason being that due to the PCB being somewhat experimental I don't want people having to spend a load on the case to end up with a £200 paperweight. That's the worst case of course - but it would bring the price into a more justifiable range, and there's always the option of producing the case later on. Any thoughts on this? I hope to hit below £100 for all the parts (PCB fully assembled and flashed) with this plan.

PCB

>mfw seiden is not replying because he cum'd himself to death

F

spent 40 dollars on this. surprisingly nice blue switches

Are those the nasty Tai-hao keycaps, or did they fix that horrid coating of theirs

Topre never made their own keyboards, instead manufacturing switches for other companies, until a test run in 1999-2001, then - after being encouraged by decent sales - stuck to it.

Buckling springs and mechanical switches will, generally, age better than Topre - however, their weight and sound are not to my preference.

those resistors tho

Anyone here know where I can get a Ducky Shine 5 MX Brown in Ireland?

Can you not buy it from Britain?

Just ordered the massdrop Realforce 55g white
what do i expect

god I fucking hate das

Yeah, but where from? I looked at the pastebins and most of them are either sold out or are like €200.

There is one I found for €157 but it's Open Box and it states either it's been returned by a previous owner or had been repaired by the manufacturer, would that be safe enough to buy that one then?

good feeling of oneness with cup rubber

you aren't trying that hard m8

advancetec.co.uk/ducky-shine-5-rgb-brown-cherry-mx-switch-mechanical-keyboard-dksh1508st-bukadaat1.html

overclockers.co.uk/ducky-shine-5-mechanical-keyboard-brown-cherry-mx-switch-rgb-lighting-abs-double-shot-keycaps-kb-180-dk.html

this one is an openbox
cclonline.com/product/220139/NoMfgCode/Clearance-Keyboards/Ducky-Shine-5-Cherry-MX-Brown-Mechanical-Keyboard-w/-RGB-Illumination-Open-Box-/KBD1264X/

No chattering over 30 million times

Yeah, the first two are €200+ which is a bit too much for me.

The 3rd one was the one I was looking at, are the Shine 5's not that prone to breaks and shit, I asked here in like July and anons said that they have good build quality, so it would likely be a returned keyboard that has no issues?

Sweet
Fab 2017, gotta be patient

A shine 5 costs $150 here in the US, or around £120 (not including taxes). If you think the keyboard was cheap to begin with then you have to look elsewhere

Should I get a ducky YOTM or a Topre realforce RGB?

It isn't that hard of a choice mate

If topre is in the question, it is always the answer

Who fell for the meme Topre?
youtube.com/watch?v=MDZSh2gmKUU
It's not the keycaps.
youtube.com/watch?v=5_aKXBeOjuI
HHKB is still the way to go but I envy the sliders.

I wouldn't mind an engraving.
Topre, but not the Typeheaven or Typeheaven RGB.

Neither

this is a serious post

what is the loudest switch so that I may piss off the most normies in my morning java lecture

youtu.be/hK2cnxXauls?t=40

Loudest would be beam spring followed by Omron ambers and capacitive buckling springs, then normal buckling springs and some alps switches

I think the Preronic keyboard has a speaker that can be used to play sounds.
youtube.com/watch?v=GYBr2LcRdr8

So I'm not sure if my Rosewill RK-9000 is dying or not, but it looks like it loses connection to my PC every once in a while for little to no reason. It's hard to test exactly what's wrong, because it seems to happen sporadically.

I've had this keyboard for a few years now, and was wondering if it's just more worth it to get a full new one instead of trying to fix this one.

Currently looking at ASDF keyboards for dat customization.

is it a v1 or v2?
Also I'd pass on wasd keyboards because of their shitty keycaps. Their barebone keyboards are actually pretty good and I'd go for those then get some good keycaps on massdrop for like 30 bucks

Get the RGB

It's a V1, which is why I'm thinking of just getting a new one anyway. I think I've had this one for about five years now.

that was a common issue on the v1. They fixed it on the v2, but if you want a new keyboard then Ducky is restocking soon so pre-order the one that you like before they are gone
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=1&switch=&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off

Thanks for the advice dude, I'm definitely getting in on the Ducky train.

So guys, some company is selling Pok3r in Norway... but they are 200 dollars but i need a LAN keyboard. Should i buy or are there any other good 60-75% layouts avaliable with ISO nordic?

Just bought this guy, might replace the keycaps later, but it looks pretty good as is.

Once again, thanks for the help.

Interesting choice of colors. I'm more of a white and grey kind of guy

I've got a thing for that shade of blue. I did really want sideprint keycaps though, and I hate the way the F keys are colored alternately, so I'm currently looking at alternative keycap sets. Nothing good on Massdrop, so I might have to shell out a pretty penny to get something nice.

right now I'm happy w/ my pok3r but every time I see a hhkb I get hard...... how long do they last and would there be enough of a difference to justify it?

HHKBs are end game

just wait a bit. They usually get a new set every other week, so with a bit of patience I'm sure you'll find the one that you like

I really think I'll treat myself with one this Christmas they just look too good

Anyone got any recs for white keycaps

gateron

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=337

Is the unicomp classic worth it? I havnt been able to find any buckling spring keyboards by a different manufacturer?
pckeyboard.com/page/product/UB4044A

Where to get these keycaps?

no shit cause the only one making buckling spring over membrane with the original tooling is Unicomp. That being said you could buy a used model M, or go for the Unicomp reproduction

The unicomp does offer USB and I think 6kro. A lot more usable than the original Model M.

nope its still 2kro, but modifiers don't count towards the limit which shouldn't be a problem when typing, coding, or playing some games. I recently played mirror's edge on a model m and it was just fine

Is this abs or pbt

If pbt I'm sold