What are some dead giveaways that people are tech illiterate, Sup Forums?

What are some dead giveaways that people are tech illiterate, Sup Forums?

I'll start
>people actually think they are more secure if they update their OS

>type google.com into the url bar.

>people actually think they are more secure if they update their OS
nice bait if you exclude winblows.

Who the fuck cares? Honestly go back to redd!t you freshman faggot. Cause like what, your daddy complimented you on your computer skills when you knew how to torrent his favorite movie? You thought you were cool because you put together a computer when you were 14? Wow dude, I bet all your siblings came to you for help when it came to building lego. Oh and don't even get me started on how mature you must have felt as a kid when you posted on forums pandering to unhygienic men on welfare. Christ, I bet you even looked up some programming tutorials while in highschool; must have felt like a real champ with that pirated version of visual studio open along with your first hello world program typed up inside. I bet everyone thought you were real smart, so it's odd about how mediocre your grades were; must be the system that's broken and that grades aren't important in the real world. But hey, someone you managed to get into college! What's this? You know how to use vim now? Wow you're so cool, knowing how to type stuff into that terminal thing like hackers do. Man I wish I were like you! I bet you even have some snarky comment stowed away in your artillery ready to be used whenever a prominent figure in tech is mentioned. Oh you heard the name Stallman? You say he hasn't done anything relevant since emacs and then quote that interjection you read on Sup Forums? Haha, you're so witty! What's this now? You even attended one of his seminars but don't remember anything he said but have an sd card filled with his pics you've taken? You're an absolute madman haha! It's okay, I bet he didn't say anything interesting anyway, it's not like you don't understand it. He's just an extremist lol! Oh man you're so good at tech! I wish I were so cool like you.

Go strangle yourself with a cat5 you faggot.

>>type google.com into the url bar.
>2018-2
>using jewgel botnet inc as standard search engine
way to go, cuck

10/10. OP got destroyed and killed himself afterwards.

If they don't have a degree in a tech related field.

>people who use open source software
They are just asking to be hacked

They dont use their own domain for email.

This triggers me all the time.

Doesn't this mean you have to host your own mailserver? Fuck that

>his gentoo is not on a hardened profile

>leaving unpatched 0-day exploits in your OS makes you more secure
There isn't an OS on Earth that is actually more secure if it remains unpatched.

OP just proves what a tech illiterate faggot he is.

You are tech illiterate.

I still do this and it's just a bad habit i cant seem to break

>Oh look, there is this virus here
>luckily I updated my OS and now it doesn't work anymore!

Said nobody ever.

>thinkpad
>riced linux desktop
>uses some shit "super sekrit" search engine
>uses shitty browser
>uses klwp on phone

These are the signs of autism too

Saved.

They use apple products.

They have a lisp or buy Apple products.

IF IT AIN'T LISP
IT'S SHIT

Android security updates?

>This exploit affects phones with Lollipop or earlier

When I worked at apple and I asked them what it does when they try something they just say "it doesn't allow me"
^That is how I know they didn't try it and don't know how to read their screen but think it should just werk when they know it's somehow broken.

/thread

>thinkpad
meme
>riced linux desktop
uncommon
>"super sekrit" search engine
google and bing are good for research startpage is superior for other uses
>uses shitty browser
yes thats true they're tech illiterate
>uses klwp on phone
actually not using klwp is a sign of autism

Klwp takes away every functionality from the phone and turns it into something which is pretty to look at but useless as a phone

>Said nobody ever.
Mainly because not getting infected is rather hard to notice. Ad based malware tries to take control of your machine through a patched security hole, what does the user see? Absolutely nothing.

On the other side of things, one could easily point to the many pieces of malware that spread far and wide causing absurd amounts of damage despite there being a patch for the vulnerability because idiots didn't update.

That brings back memories from when I used to work at Apple as well.

>I can't send email from my iPhone
What happens when you try
>Nothing. It does not send
Can you try sending one right now?
>Yeah it is saying to connect to wi-fi
Are you connected to wi-fi?
>No, how do I do that?

This actually happened. I'm so glad to be out of that hell.