VISTA

Was Vista was the best OS made by Microsoft?

worst b8 in a while

No

No, but it did the glossy UI meme the best.

Jesus christ 0/10 just off yourself

I still use it on my notebook.

>dual intel integrated GPUs

It's unfortunate we have oled displays but can't enjoy crisp beautiful transparency and instead opt for material design flat bullshit.

No, but better than 8.1 or 10

I got an old laptop with vista on it I'm going to keep till no modern software works on it.

Vista was fine. The problem was the min req was 4gb of RAM and companies made laptops and desktops with 2gb. Thus it ran like dogshit and people thought It was bad because it was slow as fuck

vista was completely fine after sp1

2GB of RAM is enough to run Windows Vista. I've the Medion MD98200, the more expensive model with 500GB HDD/2GB RAM and Windows Vista Home Premium. In 2007, the default MD98200 model came with 250GB HDD/1GB RAM and Windows Vista Home Basic that runs slowly as fuck. 2GB of RAM was the best you can get into a notebook in 2007.

XP with a nice skin

No, because the best Microsoft OS is Windows 2000. Seconded by Windows XP and Windows 7 which existence is justified by having 64 bit memory access.

> windows 2000
> 2016
> 16 years

please

bad ass desu

You have to be over 25yo to post opinions about win2k.

aero was good

People only hated Vista because they assumed it would run on their crappy Gateway prebuilts they bought for Win2000 the same way XP did. Win7 was even more resource intensive, but at that point enough shit was being designed around Vista-levels specs that everyone bothered to upgrade their hardware to Vista tier.

I used Vista for 5 years and only ever encountered a single major problem with a USB scanner driver not installing, but the thing was a USB 1.1 device and losing its accuracy anyway.

win7>winxp>win98SE

Well in all fairness a lot of crappy pre-builts were sold with vista that weren't actually able to run it. If you're an old person buying a new computer at best buy or some shit, its totally reasonable to assume it will be able to run the OS that's on it without issues, which wasn't really the case for a lot of machines.

In the beginning there was also terrible driver support, vista would put files in "weird" locations (again mostly just an old people problem) and the OS itself had ridiculous memory leaks before some patch or service pack (cant remember the exact date or patch).

Why not 7?

Looking at that desktop and wallpaper makes me yearn for years long past

almost, that's half the story
intel started beefing up integrated as a way to lessen costs for OEMs
technically intel integrated was "vista ready" even though it's performance wasn't quite there. That causing OEMs to build shit low end machines that weren't ready, poor initial driver support and retards trying to upgrade old ass machines caused the shitfest for vista. Dont forget for many people, an xp machine was their first computer. They just assumed an upgrade would "just werk".

Windows vista is actually faster than 7 but we're talking about windows so that's not saying a whole lot. Project longhorn might have been cool if MS didnt scrap it and start again from windows mainline for vista.

What was wrong with vista again?

>he doesn't SLI with Intel igpu's

ME was much better

The fact that POSReady 2009 and WES09 are based off XP shows how unsuitable Vista is in a mission critical environment.

You're problem is ever letting Microsoft addict and develop in you nostalgia. Because they will always pull the plug and end your comfort with their notorious obsolesce model. Though now they never need to since people hate their latest abortions. It's great the company will not exist one day.

EDIT: *Your

it was the most radical one thats for sure
Great UI
DX10 and DX11 support
Still works on most games

Shame about its launch it really was a clusterfuck, pc's from 2006 where just not ready and every dumbfuck including me tried to install it on a AMD pos from 2005 with like 2GB of ram

By far. SP2 especially.

Try running any other Winblows OS for more than 48 days.

windows 2000 is a bit older than 16 years...

fucking hang yourself

>min req was 4gb
That is definitely not fine.
Why are winfags so ok with bloat?

all I remember about Vista was my school had it and I hated it

>and only ever encountered a single major problem

you know that's not acceptable right?

When's the last time a Window's OS launch wasn't a disaster?

>people ACTUALLY THINK that 2 GB of RAM was common in 2006/2007, let alone on the average $400-$700 prebuilt

Can we please ban everyone who posts from a Windows or mobile device? Please? This is supposed to be a technology board, not a day care board.

Yeah it looked pretty good, that's for sure.

>was vista was
literally what

I have no idea what prebuilts from the USA had but I spent $700AUD in 2007 on a desktop with 2gb ram.

>2GB

Desktop, maybe.

Laptop, nope.

Can confirm, got a Compaq Presario C700 in 2008, was $700 AUD and had 80gb HDD 1.86GHz Celeron M and 512mb ram. Came preloaded with Vista, which ran like absolute shit, even once i upgraded to 2gb ram

i fuckin hated Vista. buy my first laptop, super excited take it home and UAC has the wifi disabled by default

took me like 40 minutes to figure out wtf was going on... first impressions mean a lot, i was just bitter as fuck about that, because Vista robbed me of that "first time booting new computer" feel

after disabling UAC, getting rid of nigger widgets, disabling faggot effects and putting classic theme on so it looked like Windows 95 it was pretty good, but overall it sucked

vista was the beginning of Windows wanting to dictate what you could do to your own computer, I hate all the warnings/UAC shit that are default on Windows these days

I use to hate Vista during its time, but in retrospect it was the best presentation of old reliable Windows, minus the hardware compatibility issues.

I'm sure the NSA/CIA/FBI/DHS/ETC... has tapped Vista much like 7-10 so I stick with 7 cumulative updates disabled.

How and why?? Two mobos? Speccy fucked up?

This. Especially the professional version.

It had the best design. But overall I prefer 10, despite I loathe flat shit.

Bso'd like shit

> I hate that Pajeet.exe can't write to any goddamned file on my computer without me okaying it first.

Wow. Consider ending your life at any time frienderino.

Because this notebook hasn't decent drivers for Windows 7. It will give bsods randomly with either the default built-in drivers or the Vista drivers.

Vista had a nice search option where you could type a series of words from a sentence and it would search all pdf's and documents for it. It was very helpful for gaming core rule books. Also, the troubleshooting options seemed to be more useful than 7. 7 was a nightmare to navigate through some of the simplest shit that I used to be able to do on Vista. Making the switch to 10 soon. Should be interesting to see how things change...

Is Vista still alright to use? How's the memory usage compared to 7?

Vista Aero is best Aero

sure is retarded in here
external monitor ?

>work at tech support
>told to hype out Vista
>say its better than XP (even though I didnt believe it)

UAC was the only good thing that came from Vista.

I liked Vista more than XP at launch desu.
O was hype af for it too anyways, 7 was just a natural progression.

Bought a Notebook in 2008 with 4GB Ram for 550 EuroBucks.

Windows has been a single-user system for a long time.

>Was Vista was

THIS.

>beign this delusional

This

No, but the best looking

I really miss aero, back in the day I thought it was like the coolest shit