I have told Facebook nothing about my real life. My name is fake...

I have told Facebook nothing about my real life. My name is fake, no real information about me is attached except I use my real pictures.

Somehow, someone was able to dox me in seconds and find my real name and where I work. I've never posted those anywhere except on official tax forms, I post political stuff a lot on Facebook and refuse to censor and don't want my company to be pissed at me for something I said, so I made sure there was no connection (at least I thought I did)

Can anyone advise how this might have been done? He does IT work and has done government work before so might have access to government databases, but I'm not sure that's how he did it. Using only a fake Facebook name and the knowledge of where I live based on where my girlfriend says she lives on Facebook, how could he have found this info about me?

Pic related is me looking like a fucking idiot after thinking I actually half understood the way that networks and my identity work.

>real photo of you
>real girlfriend + where you live

I don't know how exactly but that is already plenty to go by, especially if he is willing to put in some effort

>I post political stuff a lot on Facebook

kys

Possible if your smartphone has GPS enabled it suggests those you been around.

If you posted your face its now in Facebook database. They use facial recognition and store the data. They have openly admitted this. This info is obviously owned by the government too now. He might have access to those databases or he foubd you using picturea of you and ur gf and her location

Excuse for the typos, on mobile

>i have my real friends and loved ones on facebook
>there are photos of me linked to this account
>how did he find me?

come on mate, although if your political opinions are so retarded that you need to censor your real name you probably deserved it.

One of the reasons I always use a fake name on Facebook.

I never allow it location access. I'm on iPhone now which allows restricting location and microphone and such at the OS level, but I was on Android for a while too so they might have my info that way. Like mentioned I don't doubt that everything they know the government knows.

Mainly I'm just wondering if there's some obvious thing that I've done wrong to make it so easy to dox me. It took him less than 5 minutes to tell me my real name and where I work, and I know for a fact I have only allowed those things to be connected on official forms

I don't think my political opinions are retarded, but they're mine and I refuse to censor on my personal Facebook, which could cause problems if someone tried to bitch that something I said hurt their feelings and I'm a representative of my company blah blah blah. That's why I do it.

>One of the reasons I always use a fake name on Facebook

doesn't really matter when they can just cross-reference you network and figure out who you really are from there

>i have my real friends and loved ones on facebook
>there are photos of me linked to this account
>how did he find me?

Some of your friends or family might have used your real name at some point. They also have location on, your girlfriend might have location metadata on pictures and if they have your photo then all these things can triangulate you on google.

>I refuse to censor on my personal Facebook
>uses fake name

>refuse to censor on my personal Facebook
>but still too much of a pussy to use your own name and be accountable for the shit you say

You know what I meant. I just want to be disconnected from any repurcussions from my company for not being politically correct in my own Facebook.

Didn't Facebook start scraping metadata from photos a while back because some stalkers were using it? I vaguely recall reading that, but either way I'm always sure to turn off location on my photos, but as you say my weakest links are probably friends and family.

>able to dox me in seconds
Have you considered that this person knew who you were for a while now ?

I've dox'd people by adding their friends then just paying them as little as £10 for info on the person

However, the only place I ever had my real name and company in the same place were on W4 forms and such. Even with all the info on Facebook I just don't see how he could have found that unless like has already been said, friends and family mentioned it somewhere and he used a scraping tool.

That's true, I hadn't thought of that. It was on the page of a local politician that all this came out, and I frequently post there so there's a chance he decided to dox me way sooner.

>I never allow it location access.
That's only what it tells you.
It sill accesses GPS data constantly.
I found this out when I installed cyanogenmod, google play services was accessing GPS every minute despite it being turned off in the menu.

>mfw

Maybe you should stop being an edgelord?

Yea that's why I'm using iPhone now. I don't trust Android at all. Apple probably isn't much better but at least enforces device encryption and allows turning shit off. I should probably just get an old Nokia phone and a tablet and have a phone that's a phone and a toy that's a toy again.

Spotted the safe space liberal.

he used TrollTrace.com

Not clicking that link but I'm pretty sure it's just another one of those "give us your email and get them to click this link and we'll email you their email address" type services/scams isn't it?

I assume that is how it's usually done. Social engineering is almost always cheaper and more effective then trying to Web crawl or get secure data.

I had a coworker who got fired over some tweets on an anonymous account. Turns out the guy who doxxed him just contacted followers posing as a relative until someone gave enough info to look him up.

Let that be lesson to never mix business with pleasure or family.

you obviously never watched southpark.

and yet you're on here bleating about how your safe space has been invaded.

Maybe you should Google 'safe space'. It's slightly different than your name and personal information, which isn't actually a physical space.

Or you're just fucking retarded and determined to be right, in which case have fun at your "Trump isn't my president" protest, I'm sure you'll get some great pics for your Tumblr blog.

safe space just means an area in which you have rules to help you feel safe, one of your rules for feeling safe was not using your real name, somebody got your real name literally breaking your safe space...

Still a bit of a stretch to call my identity a 'safe space'. But whatever man, for the record I think an old cheese sandwich would make a better president than Trump so I'll quit trashing you for being a liberal, we probably have more common ground than disagreements anyway.

I wasn't the guy who replied to you originally, I live in the united cuckdom and love trump

I hope you guys are right, but I'm finding very little reason to be optimistic about Mr. "Ted Cruz can't be trusted because his wife USED to work for Goldman Sachs hey I'm gonna appoint 3 Goldman employees and executives but don't worry folks they know how to make money".

I'm just hoping the pilot doesn't crash the fucking plane, and the government can just fuck off and let me live my life, neither Clinton or Trump were going to leave me alone though.

it's pretty easy to live outside of the system
>buy a few fake IDs
>get paid in cash or bitcoins
>get a flat share with other people and only let them know you under the name on your fake ID (this way your name isn't on any bills or anything)

Eh, I'm not that redpilled man. I got a job I enjoy and my apartment and bills are all paid by me. I don't think a Fortune 500 company is going to start paying me in bitcoin.

>I have told Facebook nothing
You don't have to. That little Facebook icon you see on almost every webpage is spying on you. Tracking cookies are a bitch, my man.

Its someone you know.

Or one of your pictures had it in the metadata

So you think he had access to a gubmint database? That's really the only conclusion I'm drawing, and I don't like it because it basically comes down to "I have no idea how you did this so therefore it must have been magic/something I don't have access to"

>having friends, gf and real pic in normiebook
>better post some 88 sieg heil Sup Forums opinions
You know it's hard to protect your data nowadays but you were literally asking for it.

If your convictions were coherent and inoffensive then you wouldn't have hidden your name and you wouldn't be so fucking shaken right now. You deserve what you have coming to you. Go on damage control, it's too late to figure out who.

>So you think he had access to a gubmint database?
Nope. But your true identity is almost certainly known by Facebook, who probably gets government kickbacks for being snitches.If you got doxxed, it was most likely done by someone you know, using social engineering. Nobody outside your social spheres gives two shit about you.

nah bro they use something called emoji analasys very complicated shit. only girls and women can figure it out, because they're super smart and super funny.