youtube.com/watch?v=zuHzzbYNvXE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lack of serial port

No PS2 port

neat
what is it

Nice meme.

Not a flaw. Have some courage.

Is this the new Thinkpad? It looks kinky as fuck.

shit touchpad

no cilt pointer

I think it's a vhs player

Seems to be a Japan-only line of Panasonic laptops, the Let's Note

Best of 2016 easily

expensive af

>Seems to be a Japan-only line of Panasonic laptops, the Let's Note
Probably isn't no drivers of Linux. But looks great.

I was wrong about it being a Thinkpad but I was right about it being as sexy as a Thinkpad. I might need to get myself one...

It costs money to have:
>every connector you could ask for
>4 USB 3.0 ports
>Blu-ray writable drive
>magnesium reinforced body
>all in a thin form factor

It's got a very 80s/90s Sony vibe to it

just emulate it, duh

RZ series can only use dual-core ULV processors. M3-7Y30 or I5-7Y54
LPDDR3 only, and I think it's unexpandable
16:10 means black bars when watching movies/videos.

No one needs more power in a laptop these days, if you're compiling more than a browser use something else. Battery is more important.
See above, and no one needs more than 4GB ram on a laptop anyway
use an external monitor to watch movies like a normal person, 16:10 is superior for literally everything that isn't videos

>2016
>CD/DVD drive

>2016
>optical drive

>no one needs...
Fuck off

>16:10 a flaw
Black bars mean nothing you pleb. If the resolution is 1920x1200, you lose no quality watching HD movies. You are the retarded consumer that doesn't care companies take away pixels from you so they can use mass produced smaller screens for their own profits.

That is the only flaw I would've said, but it's not enough for me to not buy the laptop.

>No one needs more power in a laptop these days, if you're compiling more than a browser use something else. Battery is more important.
Battery is only ~6-7 hours of real usage. You can get other options smaller/just as light with more usable time. Plus, plenty of people need more than a ULV dual-core in a laptop for Windows 10. If you're trying to run excel macros, use a couple web-apps, and use a customer-database program like Tigerpaw or something, you're pretty fucked on a ULV dual-core. And that's not something unusual at all if you're outside sales working in a hotel room/client site. For personal use? Maybe a dual-core ULV is fine for what you need a laptop for. But at that point, why not a Chromebook if all you want to do is browse the web?
>See above, and no one needs more than 4GB ram on a laptop anyway
There are plenty of times more than 4GBs of RAM is needed in Windows 10 even under casual usage. I've literally just got Chrome, and some misc stuff like Steam and Discord up in the background of my Windows 10 desktop, and I'm consuming 4.2gbs. And I'm not a 200 tab faggot. I've got 4 tabs open.
>use an external monitor to watch movies like a normal person, 16:10 is superior for literally everything that isn't videos
Using an external video source literally defeats the purpose of the laptop's all-in-one portability. Why not just have a mini-ITX desktop with a DP powered monitor at that point?

Also, Let's Note series is infamous in JP for not having good Linux support. So forget about compiling Fedora/Gentoo for it and having it run a slimmer OS.

16:9 has a terrible yield rate for production versus 3:2 or other more square ratios, you inbred faggot. They make less money on wider-screen aspect ratios. Also doesn't explain why 16:9 CRTs existed, too, you idiotic piece of shit. Or non-LCD projectors that use 16:9. Seriously, do you even think before spouting that nonsense? Go fucking die.

Also, black bars make for a less-enjoyable experience for people who aren't used to living in their parent's basement.

>argument that 16:9 costs MORE to produce
Now I've seen everything.

looks nice, but should have the thinkpad nipple and old thinkpad keys.

It's 2 grand for an unsupported piece of hardware

What do you think ULV means?

It's black. What happened to hating niggers?

lost

>battery only lasts 8 hours
They sell a 20 hour battery that is compatible and quick change.
>need more power
The laptop pictured had an i7. Yes, their 10" screen series has an i5 only.
>4gb ram
That was just a straw man you dreamed up this model is user upgradable to 16gb easily.

Let's Note LX6 is the finest laptop of 2016 easily. There isn't even a close 2nd. Also all metal in it is folded 1000 times.

It's one of Sup Forums's dream laptops, but it's just that, a dream. Only like one guy has one of the newer models. The average price is two grand, and that's doubled if you buy the premium fully-loaded configuration.
Correction: The 10.1" aka RZ series only sports Core M CPUs. If you want the smallest laptop with an dual-core i7 it's going to be the VAIO S11 coming in at 11.6".

It's not a chinkpad.

no nipple

shit keyboard

The 12" non-tablet version is far superior.

They had a diagram of the insides of it in one of the BIC CAMERA stores, but I forgot to take pics. The motherboard is fucking tiny with about 50% of the internals taken up by the optical drive and 2.5" SSD/HDD drive bay. It's amazing how they still fit all this shit in here including a battery that does "22 hours"

>16:10 means black bars when watching movies/videos.
Oh booo-fucking-ho seriously people who pull this argument need to be executed. 16:9 is NIGGER TIER for productive work, if you watch movies/videos on your laptop instead of doing work you need to get fired.

>16:9 has a terrible yield rate for production versus 3:2 or other more square ratios, you inbred faggot
Holy shit you are a nigger. That makes no physical sense whatsoever, yield is an inverse function of area. 16:9 consumes less area, thus more yield.

kys

T H I C C

>

Garbage CPU you can't even comfortably browse the web with. Laughable battery life for such a weak ass CPU. Optical drive.

It's absolutely hideous.

Was there a single one without a DVD drive?

I need some actual official specs in an actual human language first.

Yeah, you can get one without a DVD drive, those usually just have a cutout of where the DVD drive should be.

as in, no extra battery?
shit life.

>as in, no extra battery?
I don't think so.

shitty keyboard.

No ANSI return key, no TrackPoint, retarded 180ยบ hinge instead of the masterrace swivel hinge. Still the best laptops on the market though, can't wait to get one.

I've looked into it a bit and found a forum post from a guy that had Mint running on a CF-RZ4 or 5, can't remember which, but it was in Japanese and Google Translate wasn't working at the time so I don't know anything about how difficult it was or any potentially unsupported hardware.

>chinkshit

*japshit

Japs are simply more perverted chinks.

More perverted chinks that are known for high quality technology, Panasonic being a notable example.

assuming it's removable
>take out optical drive
>put in hdd bay
>or extra battery if possible

It has no track point.

No trackpoint, or anything like it, chicklet keyboard. I'd snatch one up right quick if it weren't for those.

Quality technology like Sony, right? Your memes have been invalid for decades.

>no dGPU
>ULV CPU
>cant be charged with USB charger
>shitty jap keyboard, no US version
>no trackpoint

So Sony being past its prime means all Japanese companies suck? Jesus Christ user come back when you actually have an argument.

Black bars aren't annoying when the aspect ratio difference isn't huge or they're on the side instead of the top and bottom

16:9 vs 16:10 very similar, thin black bars, I've never given a fuck

21:9 meme vs anything means always black bars on just the sides which again, really easy to tune out.

Why would I argue with a meme?

>no dGPU
Good
>ULV CPU
Good
>cant be charged with USB charger
Would be neat
>shitty jap keyboard, no US version
Agreed
>no trackpoint
Agreed

Given you don't exclusively watch shit made in the last 10 years, 16:10 is superior. It's a nice middleground between 4:3 and 16:9.

Even better question. Why would I argue with some clueless dipshit who can do nothing but spout the word "meme" and non sequitur retorts?

bumpu

20th Anniversary of Let's Note. Very touching video with the engineers.

youtube.com/watch?v=zuHzzbYNvXE

>Find a flaw.
2016, still has an optical drive.
Is it replaceable with a HDD/SSD or battery at least?

Bought a PlayStation from Bic Camera over the phone, when they first came out. Got it,six months before they came out in Canada

Took me a second

Literally nothing wrong with that.

Nah, whole reason I'm interested in the CF-RZ* is that it's a high quality netbook convertible line

no trackpoint

>Find a flaw.
price
no official availability in western market

>price
The price is acceptable for it's home market.
>no official availability in western market
They're just hogging it for them selves.
Jokes aside, the main reason is that most people in the west would rather get a cheap overspeced fire hazzard than a pricier well engineered machine (the exact reason sony left..)

>Jokes aside, the main reason is that most people in the west would rather get a cheap overspeced fire hazzard than a pricier well engineered machine (t
yup, even the enterprise market is turning into shit in NA. Things are made to last the warranty period and that's all

Ugly as fuck

well to be fair, up until recently the gains from generation to generation were too great for durability to matter much when they get replaced anyway.

I'm sorry sir that your sight has been offended. I offer this as a remedy to your impeccable tast and grace...

its ugly

>ME/AMT

I'd buy one if it wasn't for the weebshit keyboard and the price.

So how do I get one? I have a friend who lives in Tokyo. It'll be cheaper for him to just head to yodabashi akiba right?

you also get black bars in 16:9 unless anime so wtf u talking about

>laptop
>flaws

There's something wrong with you.

There are both live action movies/shows and cartoons that aren't anime that are actually 16:9