Computer beginner becoming IT professional

Hey Sup Forums, im gonna try to make my story as short as possible. I never had access to any technology or internet at home until i was 16 (2 years ago). As a result, i have been left behind of the digital age and have no experience whatsoever in consumer technology. I am currently pursuing tech certifications (CompTIA a+) and learning as much as I can to get up to speed and know everything there is about tech, and become an IT professional. Thoughts and advice would be much appreciated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iz52pi1Y4_o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is building a PC a good place to start? playing with circuits? Would buying raspberry pie be dumb? What are the best tech sites and channels?

bump

Build a PC. A REAL PC. Not some recipe you found online or some LTT shillbox. Learn what you need to consider, start shopping, and plan your build. Also, circuit fuckery is a good idea. Raspberry pi is nope.

I'm sure there's something else you could do. Can't you just deal drugs like your cousin?

Your too old now, youll never catch up. When I was 18 I knew assembly, and built my own ALU from single transistors. Try manual labor instead

where is a cheap place to get circuit pieces? The only problem with PC building is i dont have the money? Maybe i can torrent some virtual circuit making programs. Thoughts?

>Your too old now, youll never catch up.
This is my favorite Sup Forums meme

user thats quite rude and not constructive to the thread
>your too old now
Cmon, i'm only 18, and learn things quite fast, you cant say there is no hope for me :^(

This is Sup Forums "home of the worst Trolls of the interweebz"

Sup Forums is full of toxic, rabid nerds that are too bitter to accept that there's millions other people getting into technology related careers, reducing their chance of having a proper career or holding a good job.

All you can expect here is people with that mentality telling you to fuck off. So why don't you just fuck off already?

>ALU
Yeah i know, i post on other boards
Well, the board is not entirely homogeneous, and I have gotten good advice here before, well worth enduring the obnoxious posters

Ignore ALU, was just searching it up

I need whatever script produces this

Please

reported

depends, what do you want to do?
wanna be betafag that works at bestbuy(me)? then go look at some shitty youtube tutorials and build yourself a PC.
wanna be a dumb cuck who wastes 25 bucks and has more shit to clutter their desk that they'll never use(also me)? buy a PI

>built my own ALU from single transistors
>isn't at MIT
we all know who the real BETA is here

you aren't gunna get very far trying to "DO computers." find what you're passionate about and do that, whether it's tech support, porgramming, circuit building, or whatever the hell else. find that shit and do that shit.

also, how to build cheap ass PC, you don't need to rich fag to do it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Iz52pi1Y4_o

corewars and robocode
html js & css
Andrew Ng

I just want a comfy well paying tech job to be honest.
I haven't tried my hand at programming, do i need a degree to become a programmer?

thats funny op i've been using computers and tech all my life, I'm literally on internets 24/7 and been a programmer for 10 years but just started to get rid of it

it will ultimately ruin your health and self esteem. there is an unlimited amount of entertainment movies games etc but none of it can top classical literature.

there are many ways to communicate through computers but none of it can replace face to face human contact.

i think programming just causes more stress and prevents humans from working at their own pace.

the worst thing is all that sitting ruins your body and messes with your sleep patterns. you don't really have to rush anything you aren't missing out much, besides nowadays most people use smartphones and their are lots of casuals that don't bother using a real computer.

Never thought I'd say it, but ... Install Gentoo. Really.