Internet Traffic Monitoring

Hey Sup Forums, I've become remarkably uncomfortable with the amount of surveillance I am under on my home internet connection (other local users, not NSA people that know anyway).

What methods might they be employing to gain access to my internet history/account information? (And yes, I'm sure they're monitoring my usage in some capacity)

Also general internet traffic monitoring thread

Other urls found in this thread:

stribika.github.io/2015/01/04/secure-secure-shell.html
safecurves.cr.yp.to/rigid.html
exhentai.org/g/785373/2f82f59ac9/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is miku the new queen of Sup Forums? Makicucks can btfo

+1 for miku

This is the exact scenario you'd want a VPN in. Get one of those and you won't have to worry again

Don't do illegal activities on the Internet and you won't have to worry. Alternatively, buy a VPN.

are you a CRT shill?

Yes

I did have that in mind, yeah. I'm just not 100% familiar with how they operate, so I'm doing some reading. Any recommendations for VPN providers?

Nothing illegal user, it's just intrusive family.

Private internet access is alright. I get good speeds with them.

You could use Tor with obfs4 bridges.

Boot with tails, problem solved.

Another solution is gnu/linux with encrypted partition + proxy(vpn or whatever) + either remote dns lookups or dnscrypt.

whatever you do don't fall for the tor meme.

Why are they monitoring your Internet access? Suspicious of something or are they just extremely strict? Why haven't you moved out of your parent's house yet?

I actually use to boot TAILS from an old USB, back when I was using public computers more often (school and such) I might set that up again.

They don't seem to think that the invasion of my privacy this entails is unethical. Also I'm something of a faggot, and they're not comfortable with that at all, which has something to do with it.

Just to confirm; running a VPN encrypts my traffic end to end, from my device to the service's network, and then routes my traffic from there. Is that correct? And, hypothetically, in that traffic were being monitored by either direct interception via my home network, or my internet provider, it would just be rendered as encrypted junk?

>Just to confirm; running a VPN encrypts my traffic end to end, from my device to the service's network, and then routes my traffic from there. Is that correct? And, hypothetically, in that traffic were being monitored by either direct interception via my home network, or my internet provider, it would just be rendered as encrypted junk?
Yes, assuming that you have configured your vpn and your local computer correctly. For example using a socks5 proxy via openssh with 1024bit dsa would allow someone like the NSA to spy on you while openssh with 4096bit rsa or ed25519 would not.
Check out stribika.github.io/2015/01/04/secure-secure-shell.html if you plan to use openssh.

Correct. All data routed through the VPN is encrypted using whatever cipher your VPN client is using, and isn't available in plaintext anywhere between you and the VPN server you use.

>elliptic curve cryptography
>safe from the NSA
Pick one

Maki is our queen and always will be. Lain and miku is a shit cuckold waifu

ed25519 is DJB approved so yes.
Only the NIST curves are generally considered as backdoored. Also see safecurves.cr.yp.to/rigid.html

While it would be lovely to remain properly private from all government/commercial agencies, I can also appreciate that it's not going to reliably happen. Or rather, I'd never know for sure if I'm properly secure or not. I'm more interested in obscuring my traffic from other local users etc. for personal privacy.

Neither Maki nor Miku will ever be as good as Iwakura Lain you massive faggot.

Fuck off, agatha is our only waifu

>Maki is our queen
A true queen!
exhentai.org/g/785373/2f82f59ac9/

Lain thread!

Bumping with some Iwakura for more suggestions.

Some general information on the best VPN providers, pros/cons etc. and conficguration information would be much appreciated

>im underage b& the thread

Tor + Onioncat for P2P/VPN stiff.