Smartphone general thread

Buy pic related for wait for OP4?

OnePlus is notorious for only providing one major android update to their flagships. I'm worried if this phone will become obsolete 6 months later when they release OP4. Can we expect Android 8 on this phone? Or am I better off waiting 6 months to get a OP4 which will ship with 7 out of the box and get an update to 8.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/reactiongifs/comments/5hegzv/mrw_im_in_australia_and_i_just_finished_eating_at/
youtu.be/x2-AikyR2Dg
youtu.be/Yd7UQ01JLXs
youtu.be/2RSFEit4b_0
youtube.com/watch?v=QJHqRgzgWNU
youtube.com/watch?v=bswvHW9eBPg&t=9s
youtu.be/bswvHW9eBPg
fakespot.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Id personally wait for the OP4, maybe they'll treat us with something nice like an sd slot

Considering there's a 128GB variant I doubt you'd need an SD card slot.

What do you all think about screen protectors? Waste of money or a good idea to have?

Gorilla Glass seems pretty durable but I'ma lways paranoid.

I'm a clumsy fuck and tempered glass screen protectors are a must. It can be a life saver and well worth the little inconvenience.

What did LibreTorrent mean by this?

I'm going to get my brother a phone for xmas but I only got $100 to spend. Now my eyes are set on ZTE ZMAX 2 but is there anything else in this price range that is better?

Might as well him a decent pair of headphones instead of a shitty phone mate.

I got him some 598's last year. I'm set on a phone he has a shitty moto e 2nd edition and I'd like to get him something that's a bit better.

Get the Moto G4 play. You can get it for $100 with Amazon ads enabled but I'm sure someone on XDA has posted a fix for that.

I personally am also using a Moto E2 LTE and planning on buying a OP3T.

I'm waiting for mine to get shipped. Personally, with OxygenOS behaving and looking like it does, the only thing I'm concerned is security updates. I don't see Android 8 or 9 bringing the ICS levels of "whoa, that's new and cool, I must have it!". I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

TL;DR If you can afford it and you're coming from a 2/3-year-old device, buy it.

I have no fucking idea about smartphones but my current xperia is shit
what's a good android phone for around $900 that has:
>root access
>headphone jack
>sd slot
>no invasive bloat (optional, I think google has infiltrated everything)
>nice mid sized screen
>at least 1 GHz single-core
>an alright GPU
Going to use it for handheld emulation.
I was looking specifically at HTC but I got lost.
I'm Australian btw

Holy shit, 102 KB/s, are you from the US?

Kek

>reddit.com/r/reactiongifs/comments/5hegzv/mrw_im_in_australia_and_i_just_finished_eating_at/

OPPO F1 plus/OPPO R9 if you want a 5.5 inch for $479

Otherwise get a Moto X

galaxy s7 or htc 10

Eh, i always wear this sturdy case as of recently because of my work. There's a big chance of hitting my phone with some sharp angle when lifting heavy objects. Not sure about the screen, find it kind of overkill for a object you use on daily basis. With each layer you remove some comfort of using the device.

it's a good idea imho, because if your phone fall to the ground, a glass screen protector can be a bless. Do you prefer to break a 10$ screen protector or your phone screen?

Moto Z Play is probably the best you want , you might also check Moto X Style.

I need to decide whether I should get a zuk z2 before they go back up in price. I have about $300 aud to spend. Things I've look at is the zuk z2 and xiaomi mi5. Anything else I should consider? zuk z2 seems really good for $250 AUD

what screen protector do you faggots use for your S7 Edge?

Ewwwweee

I am really uninformed on phones but it seems better than the mi5 and is cheaper. What else would you consider?
Right now I'm considering getting it

It's the best you can get at around 250 or less aud 2bh.

Obviously you'll get better if you spend more, like the 1+3t, but the zuk is just raw value for those specs.

Don't listen to trolls.

Zuk z2 is good value, and a decent phone overall.

youtu.be/x2-AikyR2Dg

youtu.be/Yd7UQ01JLXs

youtu.be/2RSFEit4b_0

anything better than the MI5 PRO at the 400 bucks range?

Used iphone 6

3T

What to upgrade from nexus 6? Just put Cm14.1 on it so it feels brand new, but I want something smaller. the best phone I ever had was the 2013 moto x.

I'm ready to fall for the xiaomeme.

What are your personal pros and cons of your chinknet devices?

>maymay phone
you dont.

Asked before but thread died, getting my first smart phone. What would be the W520 of smart phones

>A One Plus 3T, was recommended $599 in Canada.

Check my xiaomeme on ac wifi.

My battered old IPhone is dying, thinking about buying a Blackberry Passport because >muh biznez.
Am I falling for a meme? I hate iOS 10 and when I tested a passport a few months ago I was actually impressed, it also has a big batterie (for me).
Alternatively I can always get a iPhone 6s but I don't really want to.

Blackberry is a meme, but not as big of a meme as Apple and iOS

LG V20 and Axon 7 exist you massive retard.

>buying LG
>ever

Is the mi max huge? I carry around an ipad mini for long journeys to read books etc but would be happy to consolidate to one device, it just seems clown-sized large though. better to get a smaller, higher resolution screen?

>buying onecuck phones with low resolution screens, no removable batteries, and no microsd slot ever
Are you literally retarded?

>buying a phone who just dies randomly at any given time
that's real smart buddy

get the meme bezeless xiaomi meme phone concept

I'm not spending that much on a phone. I already fell for the flagship meme for years

To be honest I have one because I'm poor and want to protect my investment, the only problem is that for some of the less know phones, like the opx they tend to halo (white band around the protector because they are not a perfect fit)

>buying gookshit that bootloops
kill yourself retard

>source: my ass

I love the lg v10
But mine and my gf both bootlooped for no reason.

>1080
>low resolution

Okay. Any hope of waiting for a refresh (possibly android?) in the coming months? Or are they too broke already?

>lg v20 was not an improvement over the lg v10
k

t. ray charles

youtube.com/watch?v=QJHqRgzgWNU
youtube.com/watch?v=bswvHW9eBPg&t=9s

youtu.be/bswvHW9eBPg
retard

There's a rumor around that the OP4 will be 5,3" inches. Not going below 5,5", so I got an OP3T.

Those V20s looked pretty dinged up. I don't think this is a softbrick issue but damage done to the hardware inside the phone through dropping the phone without a case.

I don't use LG products btw, currently own a Note 4.

>SD Card in Moto X stops reading
Anyone got any recommendations on a MicroSD card? Was using a Samsung

Unless you're using your phone for VR, or jamming your phone up to your face constantly, >1080 resolutions don't really mean much in the grand scheme other than more battery drain.

The Korean guy's screen isn't dinged up that's just screen protector on it.

S7

>g3, g4, g5, v10, nexus 5x all have known bootloop issues
>no but this time it's not their fault
retard

It is when it's pentile shit.

>OnePlus is notorious for only providing one major android update to their flagships.

What? The Oneplus One shipped with Kit Kat and is on Marshmallow now

if the op4 has a 4k-display I'd rather buy the op3t.

Actually, I did buy the op3t, sadly ther's about a month til it gets here...

I want to get rid of my S7, what are some good alternatives?

Is there a flagship phone that has
>removable battery + large capacity
>can be rooted and use cfw
>doesn't literally explode for no reason

If not I'll probably go with a cheap chink phone I can throw away if it stops working.

get a v20

>tfw yurop
fuck

I have to help find an android in the 150-250€ range, with a good camera and dual sim.

I was looking at the huawei P8.
Is there some reason I shouldn't go for it?

Why not the zuk z2?
Huawei cameras in the lower end aren't as great, try to bump up to the honor 8 if camera is your priority.

Because actually I've never heard about it and I wouldn't know where to buy one.
I'm gonna look it up now, though.

P8 seems to have a mediocre camera, On paper specs at least, the zuk seems better, and the honor 8 destroys it.

Checking also that right now.
The zuk seems to cost almos 400€ where I live, though, dunno why.
Same for the Honor 8.
Actually I'm now looking at a P9 instead of P8 since I found one with a good discount.

Fall for it. Had the redmi 4 prime for three hours already and it feels great

P9 should have a tiny bit better camera than honor 8 thanks for leica.

Zuk z2 is 175 € on aliexpress iirc though and honor 8 is 282€.

Nevermind, it was the P9lite.
Back to square one.

Since it's not for me I wanted to buy from somthing more common if there are any problems with the phone.
Was it for me I'd buy it on aliexpress no problem.

Thanks for all the advices guys.

In that case have a look at the Oppos.

My sister has an r7 and it's decent for the price she got it at. R9 should fit your needs I think, if it's dual sim.

Anything better than the Google Pixel? On Verizon.

ZTE Axon 7 or Mi5s plus if I can get them for the same price?

Axon 7

I'm about to perform a factory reset on a 3yo 4.2.2 Android NGM DR3 with broken google store and framework.
What are the chances of bricking?

>samshit
don't bother, it belongs in the trash very soon anyway

I ended up buying pic related yesterday. Did I fuck up? It cost the equivalent of 326 Liberty Tokens

>LG
enjoy your bootloops after ~year of use

none other than need of flashing a fresh firmware.

factory reset doesn't tinker with vital phone partitions

>LG
I'd rather buy zuk.

What about the sony xperia xa ultra? Its on sale for $200. Im thinking of upgrading to that phone. I have had my note 3 for almost 2 years and i think it will hold me over until the note 8 comes out. Hopefully the note 8 will be a 6"screen too.

I really wanted to install CM but this shitty phone is not compatible. One day the play store stopped working out of the blue and it's been a constant mess ever since, now even YT and G+ apps don't work anymore. I wonder if keeping the phone always on for weeks could be the cause. I'll try to restart it once a week from now on just to be safe.

>muh bootloop boogeyman

Sony or Kingston

>X Force
>not the Z Play

yeah, you fucked up

Entry level specs, good camera, average battery, great design, fuckhuge, I'd say get it if you can't get anything else better for $200 (protip: there's no better phone for that price that isn't imported from somewhere), don't fall for the chinkphone/zukk meme, go for the superior japanese phone optimized over a thousand times by superior nipponese developers.

Samsung is going downhill, don't expect the note 8 to be anything but a earjack-less, sd slot-less, bezel-less, 2500 mAh failure, and that's if they even continue making note phones after their massive fuck up for skimping out on batteries in order to scam the white goyim out of a few more shekels.

Tempered glass screen protectors are absolutely necessary. I try to get all of my friends and family to buy them too. It's only $5-$10, is almost completely invisible when applied properly, and can save you hundreds.

I've seen way too many broken iPhones. It even saved my Oneplus One a couple times. The rest of the phone may be banged up, but the screen is still pristine.

Man, for a master race, whites sure seem to get lots of shekels scammed out of them

Does the brand matter or should I just go for a $3 one on ebay?

is the redmi 3 pro still a good budget buy?
3gb ram seems pretty futureproof, and the 3rd party rom support, from what I can tell, is still superb (official cm14.1)

>hundreds

Pre-iPhone 6 screens are sub 30 eurodollars anything newer is still covered by warranty. No need for "almost completely invisible tampered glass" sheets

Just go by user ratings. Oh, and use fakespot.com/ to see if the company is paying for positive reviews.

Oh, and I meant to say use Amazon.

It's real senpai, reports about the V20 too exist.

Not shilling, but if anyone wants opinions about the LG G5, I recently got it and like it.

Also, quick, what is the best budget phone with decent camera and SMALLER than 5,3 inches? Budget ~ 200 pounds

Zuk z2 would probably be that. Only 150 gbp too

i can get one of these phones for free on my new plan: lg g5, moto z, moto z play, Galaxy S6, Xperia X Performance, Huawei nova plus, Huawei GR5, moto g plus

which should i pick?