Paywalls are becoming very common now, and adblockers don't seem to be enough

Paywalls are becoming very common now, and adblockers don't seem to be enough.

What are some lightweight methods of bypassing site that enable paywalls?

So far I've tried....

Adguard AdBlocker, seems to work, haven't tested thoroughly, so not sure if it kills the performance of my browser.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adguard-adblocker/?src=search

Using Google cache sometimes works to bypass a paywall thats linked in google search results.

I tried a userscript once, but forgot that name of it.

Any other tips or suggestions Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

fpa.oxfordjournals.org/content/12/4
sci-hub.ac/http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/fpa.12091
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I only notice some worthless news sites like the new york times and forbes pulling this paywall shit.

Just boycott them, they're not the only news outlet in town.

Just block the fucking paywall with uMatrix.

Just stop using useless sites.

You just clear cookies and paste the link into Google Search, voila paywall bypassed for WSJ/NYT ect.

However it's better you don't even bother with those shitty sites and instead use Sci-Hub. Simply find an online periodical journal (Like say, Oxford's Foreign Policy Analysis journal) and paste the DOI link directly into Sci-Hub to unlock the content for free:

Paywall content: (note doi links)
fpa.oxfordjournals.org/content/12/4

Tada
sci-hub.ac/http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/fpa.12091

Use libgen.io for anything else, fuck the paywall media

fug, this'll be amazingly useful next semester, no more dicking around at the school library
thanks user

I understand why all these news sites ask for money, but I'm a casual reader, and I don't stick to one site, so buying anyone's subscription is not a good deal for me.

I wish I could pay somebody to disable all ads and bypass all paywalls Internet-wide. For example, Google tracks my every click already, so they could easily redistribute the money I would give them to sites proportional to how many pages I view. I like how Amazon disabled ads for me on Twitch because I have Prime. More of this, please. Maybe Google could have something similar like, "spend enough money across our services and we disable AdSense for you".

>"spend enough money across our services and we disable AdSense for you"
Isn't extortion illegal? :^)

to be fair, 90% of free internet "journalism" is absolute cancer. clickbait titles, no credible source, celeb news, fearmongering.
doesn't seem unreasonable to pay legit news sites for their work.

fucking no script

I wonder if the high cost of these sites has something to do with all their auto-playing HD videos, large images and megabyte after megabyte of Javascript, when all people want is a few KB of text in a written article.

if you need to pay for news, the "news" are most likely bullshit
with stuff other than news; don't bother, you don't need that anyways

>Paywalls are becoming very common now, and adblockers don't seem to be enough.
Good.

People undervalue their time. Hopefully this will make them stop reading generic clickbait etc. shit, if they have to pay money to do so.

Just stop browsing websites that hide content behind a paywall.

Unless you feel that content is worth paying money for. Do you?

What is the best news site? I want to stay informed with what is happening in the world but have accurate information.

I somewhat like forbes, wheb did they paywall? Ive never had an issue. Usually i get quote of the day then content

>Just checked wsj after reading this post.

>All articles in US section at wsj has a paywall.

Just.

Most of those paywalled sites are shit anyways.

>Sci-Hub
thank you so fucking much

There are so many sites that use a simple javascript for their paywalls, how come there is no filter to use with uBlock against this?

Instead I have to manually make my own filter, which works, but it'd be convenient if there was a subscription filter out there like there are for Ads that updates.

>paywall
is the internet not big and redundant enough of a resource for you?