First Record Player

Since my birthday and christmas is coming up i want to blow all my money on a good record player and speaker setup, any recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technics_SL-1200
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>any recommendations
don't fall for the vinyl meme
digital > *

It's cool though

so listening to taylor swift on vinyl wont be better?

Digital is shit.

why dont you just get that one, looks pretty good

either that one or you can try your luck finding vintage technics turntables

I'm planning on upgrading from my AT LP-60 to that actually

What about is shit?

Pro-ject is the best starter brand, easy to understand and fix.

Technics SL 1200

I have your pic related, OP. It's great.

Sony PS-X70. You'll thank me one day.

You've clearly never even used vinyl before. Its good at first, but after a while records start skipping and the audio degrades and if you scratch a record (and no, I don't mean like a DJ) you can only hope.

I'm not sure about more modern turntables and vinyl though.

this. technics sl 1200

>speaker setup
Save up some more because a good stereo system will cost you at least 800€.

Just buy a Crosley portable player. They have built in speakers and still sound amazing! :^)

you posted the one that is highly recommended

Yo Sup Forums

Recommend me a good microphone for 20$

shiet wanted to start a thread sorry

No you can get plenty good stuff for less than that if you know what to buy.

I picked up a Fluance rt80 that works nicely. No frills, just function.

That Audio Technica you posted Is a copy of a Technics SL-1200. If you get a SL-1200 you will need at the very least a turn table amp because you have to ground the table to amp or you will hear a 60 hz buzz. So when you buy the amp make sure it allows you to ground it. If you are planning on djing you'll want a mixer and this will allow you to use a regular amp, but then you will need to make your you're using a turn table mixer with a grounding plug.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technics_SL-1200

this

there is definitely a cool factor to vinyl but they eventually wear out as the needle continually grooves over the disc

there is no permanence with vinyl

>there is no permanence with vinyl

This is true for any currently used media. Bit rot is a thing and it's awful.

Anything from Linn. Try the linn klimax lp12

i have that model, bought it off some autist on Craigslist, he was selling it for $150 and when I offered $100 he immediately took it.

anyway it's pretty good, but honestly vinyl records are more of a novelty than a serious way to collect music for me at least. i have about 20 or so of my favorite classic albums, but albums mastered for digital sound like shit on vinyl, and i listen to music mostly in the car so CDs win out there if you're the sort of cunt who insists on not using lossy compressed music like me and likes to collect physical items.

vinyl is fun though, just don't spend too much on it.

I believe there are some tables that have replaced the needles with lasers or something similar so you don't wear down the record.

That said, vinyl is longer lasting when frequently used than magnetic tape.

A properly mastered CD (or lossless file) is still going to provide the best possible audio quality, though, because you can have more dynamic range than vinyl allows.

They cost $15,000 I believe and I don't even know where you can buy one