What's the worst Linux desktop environment

And why is it xfeces?

lol have you not used android?

(You)

xfce is by far the most stable and the most intuitive desktop environment between those in your picture.
If you can't configure it properly that's only bc you don't understand shit you retard

ganoum

Unity

bump

KDE Plasma

GNOME 3

GNOME 3 is the best. Anyone who says different is a microsoft shill.

Because xfce still has no input language GUI out of the box.

What?

openbox

Linux is a kernel; it doesn't have a Desktop Environment. That's like asking for the best file manager for firefox.

What's wrong with Firecommander?

>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer

Either unity or gnome.
Unity just looks like complete shit and is a resource hog.

Gnome can be configured to look pretty nice, but the ui is too babby friendly and the customization is pretty limited as well.

imo xfce and openbox are the best choices for a desktop. I've never been a huge fan of tiling.

bump

bloatware plasma

Autism user

what's the most autistic wm

Something with wayland

dwm, probably

Yeah, XFCE is pretty fucking bad. Unity and GNOME are also really shitty. I use LXDE and KDE. I think KDE is pretty much retard proof while LXDE is for people with an IQ of 90 or more.

Android is an operating system, you shit for brains, disgusting, uncultured, unwashed ape. An Android skin like Touchwiz would be the Android equivalent of a GNU/Linux DE.

We're discussing GNU/Linux, which is the GNU operating system built around a Linux kernel. Don't be an autist.

Well Played

nigga stop using logic and reasoning already, this is reddit 3.0

reddit 1.0
voat.co 2.0
Sup Forums 3.0
8' ' ' ' 4.0
librechan 5.0

bspwm

am i a bad person because i give xfce i3 keybindings?

yes

>Install Ubuntu
>Want to just not have fucking anything on the desktop
>Install Lubuntu desktop over it
>Break some shit
>Use Lubuntu netbook de
>My IQ is probably greater than 90 but if so not by much

I don't care. I want bloat but light de

/thread

Thread should have ended here, Unity is godawful
Cinnamon looks pretty nice though, even if it's too similar to Windows

>Sup Forums will defend KDE
cucks

Please go take a nap on some train tracks, Lennart.

use the ubuntu minimal installation image and select lubuntu

Autism doesn't necessitate that you are a bad person

gahnoum is completely unintuitive and XFCE is just incoherent piece of shit

MATE is fairly lightweight, not bloated with useless features, customizable, and eye candy friendly with support for shitload of themes including nostagia trip old Ubuntu's Human.
It's the ultimate GNU/Linux desktop enviroment.

I like having a working file picker and not having screen tearing out of the box.

>intuitive
>but you gotta customize it to look nice!
People like you are the reason I settled for Solus.

So, just wondering cause I'm newish, but is there any reason for a DE other than desktop icons?

unity is the worst

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Unity.

Anyone who says otherwise does not even used Unity on the latest Ubuntu release, not even for a couple of minutes.

It's by far the most stable DE for GNU/Linux right now.

Time to let this meme die.

Ayyyy, gnome 3 for life

absolutely user

Android isn't that bad when on a phone. It's much better than the ios operating system. Not that I have a smartphone, but I can see why people like it. It's nice and simple for the small screen it is on.

configuring xfce is like configuring windows; you go to the options and pick which one you like
if that's difficult for you you're 3 years old

Yeah I don't think Unity is that bad. it lags sometimes if your computer is shitty. The other main problem is lack of customization and bugginess. 2 related actually. It's not too buggy, unless of course you want to customize it. It's actually pretty sexy but I fucking hate the dock on the side, just wastes screen space. Autohide feature is bugged to shit. They need to figure out some way to improve their dock and save screen space like gnome 3 did with the activities view, and Unity has a lot of potential.

lol guess i'm not the only one who calls it xfeces

Lxqt > Xfce > KDE > GNOME > Unity

Congratulations, you already have it figured out more than like half of Sup Forums.
DEs are fucking gay

>/usr/bin/gnome-shell
>11.2%
kek

油腻堤is the worst.

Nailed. DEs are just kinda shit in general imo. Just use a wm like i3 or something like openbox and enjoy your shortcuts low resource use.

I don't know senpai they're pretty comfy tbqh

Xfce is fast and stable and is by far the most configurable among the big DEs. If you think it looks bad, its your fucking fault.

But my desktop is not a tablet.

When did you grow out of DEs?

I also think Unity is goat, user.
I mean, the panel works really bad with programs that open multiple windows. The default look is horrible, which wouldn't be a problem if Unity had built in customization options. Its laggy and it comes with amazon shilling.
But if I ignore those issues, I can say its the absolute best DE ever.

1. I find the default look decent.
2. you can get more customization options with Unity tweak tool
3. It won't lag if you have a modern cpu and 2gb of ram
4. amazon botnet is disabled by default on 16.04 and later releases

MATE is superior to xfce now, unless you absolutely have a hard on for whisker menu vs the mate menu. They just ported it to gtk3 and honestly it showa because it looks all around better. Bugs here and there but for the most part functionality is equal to xfce.

Only thing that might not float your boat is trying to run a new window manager with MATE, like i3. Compiz works, but i3 gets a little weird since the desktop is handled by some other process and so it isn't easily converted.

On my desktop though I use KDE because fuck the GTK devs. The latest Manjaro version has been really stable for me too, fixed some issues with dolphin. Manjaro is the first time I've had KDE stable though, so do with that information as you wish. LXQT still has a long ways to go,so stuck with KDE for now.

Cinnamon is the best.

>MATE is superior to xfce now
I'm willing to try it. Nice that they ported it to gtk3. In what way is it superior though? Looks almost exactly the same.

It's a few dropdown menus you imbecile

>Sup Forums hating xfce
is this the newest meme?

Docks are a meme that need to die

bspwm is ok. Most autistic is probably i3 or stumpwm (the one written in lisp).

Linux newbie who's using Kubuntu with KDE and getting a shit ton of screen tearing with intel integrated graphics. What DE should I switch to if I don't want screen tearing?

I've never used KDE, tried it many times but it was always bloated slow or buggy. Try Unity Gnome3 or XFCE. Those are my go-tos if I want it to just werk

i am not a fan of Gnome or KDE anymore, too much bloat and tries to be too windows like in automatically mounting cd/dvd roms or thumbdrives, i prefer to manually do stuff like that in my own time, openbox is good, IceWM is good, fluxbox is good, even windowmaker is good

anyone here using 2bwm
how the actual fuck do I make it work

Unity tweak tool can move the dock to bottom and do a little more customisation.

fibonacci tiling is fucking retarded.

t. bspwm user who can't be arsed to switch

>And why is it xfeces?
Anything except for xfce, lxde or just a window manager is bloated garbage

only unity faggots here

It's fine on the side. Autohide is just bugged to shit.

For me the worst is by far KDE.

everything's just fucking broken all the time. it's all just shit

fuck you retard LXDE is bugged to shit. you don't know how to use a computer faggot. go back to writing hello worlds on your i3 wm and thinking you're better than everyone

>11.2%

I didn't realize that was the default

It is. Also the breaking changes every release with barely any information on how to fix them are fucking annoying.

What does Sup Forums think of TDE? I think it's a good Desktop Environment despites it's basically beating a dead horse.
I use it because i don't have enough RAM for KDE 4/5 and i heard LxQT lacked configuration and were dead.

You mean Unity