/mkg/ - mechanical keyboard general

>tfw you're so deep into justifying having spent 220 bucks on rubber domes that you pretend to ironically shitpost on a malaysian basket weaving tutorial p2p network even though deep inside you're actually serious but you can't admit it to yourself so you just pretend to be sarcastic until you can't tell the multitude of layers of irony from the truth edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

massdrop.com/buy/dasher-and-dancer-sa-custom-keycap-set
deskthority.net/workshop-f7/hi-profile-pbt-dye-sub-the-time-has-come-t10805.html
instructables.com/id/Retr0bright-how-to-turn-a-yellow-Gameboy-white-aga/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>cheating on Topre-senpai
absolutely disgusting

true end game

true desk bloat* nice caps, though

So, what if I want a moderately priced, usb, not loud as fuck, rubber dome keyboard that I can use in the office? Am I fucked?

BTC 5100 with PS2 to USB adapter.

Just get a chiclet keyboard

What's the best chiclet keyboard with PS/2 for >$100? (I do not approve of bargains)

Literally hhkb

>moderately priced
>hhkb

This is shitposting.

Apple with a custom controler

HHKB isnt rubberdome tho :^)

DSA alps group buy when

correct, it's just shit.

>tfw you invite the girl of your dreams over to your house and you want to play together on the computer but N-Key rollover stands between you and her

well she wasn't my dreamgirl, but anyway, it really happened

im looking for some good looking keycaps for my model m anyone have a recomendation?

>>moderately priced
>>hhkb

It is compared to any good mx keyboard.

>recomendation?
Get a HHKB and throw away that old outdated PoS

more shitposting

>not XDA

You HHKB fags aren't welcome here

But I love my HHKB and there's nothing you can do about it.

I want everybody to know about how great the HHKB is, I do not own the right to be the only happy keyboard owner in the world.

Topres are just rubber domes which you can get for cheap like the type heaven which costs 140 bucks

HHKB isn't the only Topre keyboard you know.

Jokes aside, a good mx keyboard and good pbt keycaps won't cost you less than 200$.

The Type Heaven uses ABS keycaps and is made in China, however.

Ducky One is both and only costs 100 bucks

So. He wanted a moderately priced rubber dome keyboard, so I recommended him a moderately priced rubber dome keyboard

yes, your answer was more appropriate than the Happy Meme Keyboard

idiot
Ducky One.

post sleepy keyboards

massdrop.com/buy/dasher-and-dancer-sa-custom-keycap-set
>Estimated ship date is Jul 10, 2017.
:o

No post VERY fast keybrids typing at incredible hihg speeed

>Assdrop

It's a bet between delays and missing packets

I'd be surprised if it actually ships at that date. It usually takes about a year before you can get the set

too many keys.

SP is so backed up on SA sets it's not even funny. I can't wait for this to become available to be honest:

deskthority.net/workshop-f7/hi-profile-pbt-dye-sub-the-time-has-come-t10805.html

moving the goalposts I see

hey polish man

a spanish guy is selling is white blank hhkb for 180€ plus shipping, barely used.

You'd save on custom taxes, if you get any there.

No one wants HHKB. Go away Dr Dre

but I'm dr dre

Where? I might be interested. (Though I'd really prefer a new one, and besides, I'd still have to get the colored caps to match)

deskthority marketplace.

warning: it's from 2012 and the white case yellowed a bit

Some people do want HHKB, but then again, I already buy overpriced anime figurines, this is just a natural extension of my quest for cute aesthetics I suppose.

>I already buy overpriced anime figurines

>yellowed plastic in 2012, after only 4 years
Well, nobody told me /that/ bit about this keyboard. Is it because he kept it on the surface of the sun or because of lower quality plastic than expected?

Who gives a fuck, no keyboards should yellow.

>>Well, nobody told me /that/ bit about this keyboard
it's abs plastic.

mine started yellowing and it has a year.

pic related, a hhkb1 with many moons on her back

Like the BTC 5100, which clearly doesn't yellow, ever?

>a year
That's absolutely ridiculous in 2016, by which we have methods of protecting plastic from fast yellowing.

>180€
>for a yellowed, 2012, rubber dome keyboard

it will sell like fresh bread

It is possible to reverse the yellowing

instructables.com/id/Retr0bright-how-to-turn-a-yellow-Gameboy-white-aga/

Yes, but that's for old hardware. I think we have made progress in ensuring white plastic doesn't yellow anywhere near as quickly from the 90s on - or, at least, I heard we have.

retards will always exist

BTC's are fucking OLD, HHKB's are not. Retard

>not going for vintage points

>I already buy overpriced anime figurines
my man

though admittedly, none of these were more than 15 bucks.

>Who gives a fuck, no keyboards should yellow.
>Except old keyboards, which are allowed by law to yellow.
Then stop using hyperbole to sound more confident and smarter than you actually are.

poor laptop

are you actually that slow?

>plebian prize figs
A-at least you have good taste.

I even won some myself!

>buying a rebuild fig

fucking heretic

Even my old rubber domes don't yellow that bad, and one of them is from 1992

>tfw i will never, ever win a prize fig
>tfw i have to rely on the rng of ordering from suruga-ya in almost all cases

I'm not going to say no to some mediocre character if they're in a plugsuit and that size for only 900 yen

stay mad

The HHKB 1 used an ABS case, but the Pro 2 uses a PBT case so it should yellow a lot less. Searching around shows that most HHKB Pro 2 users don't complain about yellowing, even after a few years of usage.

post figurines with keyboards

>the Pro 2 uses a PBT case
source

Oh, apparently I was wrong. Deskthority lists it as ABS on the Professional JP, which probably also means it's ABS on the Pro 2.

Perfectly reasonable for keyboards to yellow over 20 odd years, but 4 YEARS? FUCK NO LOL.

I'm not the one with a yellow case. Besides my model M still looks great and its from 1988. Though right now I'm using a ducky keyboard for those sweet macros

Generally, yellowing of ABS plastic depends on condition. You can easily find the same keyboard massively yellowed and not yellowed at all. He might have kept it in extreme conditions, for all we know.

...Is there any keyboard with a white plastic non-ABS case, anyway?

>He might have kept it in extreme conditions

spain = sun

if he has a desk in front of a window, it's very easy to yellow it in 4 years.

Indeed - which is why keyboards kept in office environments (aka. typically) don't yellow anywhere near as much. We cannot treat an outlier as the rule.

Posting my IBM Model M SSK with Model F internals!!

Keyboard makers put coatings on their keyboards to prevent the yellowing, but those coatings aren't smooth and glossy so for aesthetic reasons they don't include them

>Besides my model M still looks great and its from 1988.

model m case is pbt

my 1988 Golf looks great, it's metal hurrr

Is the HHKB case UV-coated? I can't find any information about it.

dude, it will yellow.

no its made from PVC

Would recommend anyone do this mod btw if they love the feel of a model F but hate the layout. It's basically a Model F inside a Model M SSK TKL case. You can make it using an old full sized model M so you don't have to sacrifice your original SSK internals!

Genius! Its genius and I'll do it.

Oh mah gawd, it's literally perfect. And I'm going to use rubber domes and all you will be able to do is cry.

It's so fucking perfect.

thats a terrible analogy since there are other cars from 1988 that are made of metal and look better

ok grandpa

Faggot

Are they still selling those kits, or all they all gone

All gone now unfortunately, however this one was a DIY. Still waiting on the production of my SSK kit. Enjoy your yellowed HHKB LMAO

posting yellow keyboards

Fuck off Seiden

I want to build a board like this, but I can't justify that much bezel

make me

With pleasure

Why is it that whenever topre switches come up the discussion always devolves to shitposting

cos they're trying to hard to defend their $400 Rubber domes LMAO

Oh it's harold

hi harold

probably because you are here

See what I mean. People like you come to shit up this thread