If Arch Linux is meant to be simple, why doesn't it have a simple installer?

If Arch Linux is meant to be simple, why doesn't it have a simple installer?

Other urls found in this thread:

lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

arch simple? what part of reading the whole arch wiki just to use a system called simple? (not saying hard)

>using a picture of the smiley with a carat nose

:^)

JUST FUCK OFF ALREADY

Arch is LITERALLY the best distro ever made, and it is totally simple, only retards and normies have trouble because you're too RETARDED to actually fucking do something simple.

Arch has tons of useful features and once you itstal it, it's a breeze to compute you're wildest dreams, BUT you AUTISTS manage to fuck it up and shit on a really really good distro

You need to fuck off and just fucking LEARN how to actually use a fucking computer you fucking gross autists

>is meant to be simple
Who said that?

It only meant to empower the user, allowing him to fuck up the system.

pic related. As you seem to have a lot of trouble in understanding trivial computer notions, can you please go back to Xbox Live or wherever you come from?

> “Unix is simple. It just takes a genius to understand its simplicity.” ―Dennis Ritchie
Simple as in simple unix is different from simple as in easy and simple of apple products.

it has, it's called pacstrap

It's design is simple, not the proper use of it.

arch-anywhere works well

Third today
Why yuo are so much butthurt retard? Just ask someone to install windows for you

I can smell the sweat between his chins all the way from here

Your picture already fails on the first argument.
Linux includes nonfree blobs, which makes it nonfree software and should be avoided.

/Xbox Live/

why not install vanilla arch?

Arch isn't about simplicity it's about bragging to people online about how you installed it like you are some 1337 hacker with mad skills and then riced the shit out of it.

>If Arch Linux is meant to be simple
But it's not.

>30. windows skills
I'm a full retard on windows.
I stopped using it when vista came out, i cant function on a windows desktop, shit is just to broken and lacking features.

KISS principle and user side simplicity are two different things and former is meant in Arch's simplicity.

this

If installing Arch is beyond the scope of your linux expertise, why do you care?
There are plenty of easy-to-install distros.
Maybe you're just butthurt about having your limitations revealed.

>simple
>lightweight

Arch is literally a meme and here is why:

>Arch has always been a simple distribution in terms of the developer
>perspective, not the user one.

>It has never been a minimalist distribution. Splitting packages is rare
>compared to other distributions, and dependencies aren't made optional
>whenever possible.

>Community memes don't define the distribution, technical choices by the
>developers do. It's clearly not based on what you say it is, and *never*
>has been. It has always used significantly more disk space and a
>measurable amount of additional memory than Debian and especially Gentoo
>as a consequence of keeping things simple (again, from a development
>perspective).
lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html

You're talking like you'd have installed Arch once in your life.

how will archkids ever recover?

Literally why would anyone use arch then?

>tl;dr
>butthurt anti systemd ite butthurt

Arch has the simplest installer there is

you're either stupid, or illiterate
he's defending arch for using systemd
explaining the openrc guy why he fell for the arch meem

A simple installer would be too bloated.

>no u r wrong xd
You sure showed him.

ARCH IS FINISHED

can someone list some freedums I would gain by switching from arch to gentoo?
the whole package splitting thing sounds great, what other pros/cons are there for arch vs gentoo?

To weed out the weak.

Alright Sup Forums
my win7 on my desktop failed - I'm reformating to a loonux distro

What should I try? I'm currently posting from my debian laptop

Kali

I don't think I'm a 1337 h4ckur tho
do you have any reasoning?

it's not for day to day use, guy is just memeing

No one said Arch was simple. Minimalist, yes, but not simple. Also,

>what is Arch Anywhere?

Arch is super-simple

opensuse

Uh oh pacman broke again.

How the fuck do you greentext?

Installing Arch is not really difficult.
When i first installed Arch my only experience with linux was with openSuse on my Laptop (duaboot with windows for about 3 months) and on the computers in our university.
Even without being a Linux pro it's really doable and you are learning about Linux. Also there are some good step by step tutorials
I'm using Arch now for about one year and I like it much more than OpenSuse (mainly because of pacman and the AUR), but it's a nice distro, which works out of the box

put > in front of text

Writing > before each line

FACT: the only reason to install arch is to be cool on the internet because noobs can't install it

FACT: it's actually a shite distro, stuff is broken out of the box, and repos are bloated, but retards will still fall for the "a bare install distro, how can it be bloated?" meme

tech illiterates everywhere

Its sad that the anti archers make up this shit bate just to have something to flame. Its a cool distro dude. If you don't like it don't use it. But making these threads just to fabricate autistic arch users and then respond to them like they're real is just stupid. The arch community has autists in it. None of which behave like this.

define simple

>using the smiley with a carat nose

herpaderp
arch linux sux

"UNIX is simple, it just takes a genius to understand it's simplicity."

Installing it is simple.
Just a few easy steps.

It is simple. Just different from what you're used to. There is no installer; you do the installation process yourself. But the installation process itself is very simple, and what you learn from out will lay the foundation for learning to maintain a very simple and efficient system. For example, it's a complicated pain in the ass to install a program in Windows. Google the program you need, download the installer from some sketchy website, scan it for malware, then run the installer, make sure to check "no" for each toolbar/program/adware it tries to dump on you, hit "next", repeat, until finally you get to actually install it. On Arch, just go to the wiki to see what programs are available, then "sudo pacman -S {program name}. simple, and the installation process itself is a lot faster.

Yeah this

GNU/Linux isn't UNIX, newfag.