Any bored Sup Forumsurus want to help me with a mystery?

>recently bought car. Hyundai 2007 Elantra
>radio was stolen before purchase
>eh, who cares, I'll buy a new radio.
>buy radio for 07 Elantra
>dafuq? the connectors don't match up...

I don't know what either of these connectors are called, or why they do not match.
Did I get the wrong radio? Or has somebody moded this vehicle to add a special radio connector?

Any help would be appreciated if one of you knows what's going on.

Other urls found in this thread:

pinoutguide.com/Car-Stereo-Hyundai-Kia/Hyundai_EMP300RDS_pinout.shtml
aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-hyundai-wiring-harness.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You need an adapter, dumbass.

>he fell for the car meme

top kek m8

Worse, he fell for the Hyundai meme.

Adapting what to what?

I need a car to survive, because I'm a wageslave. And it runs well, beggars can't be choosers.

and on top of that, the Hyundai single-mom-car meme

Literally nothing wrong with Hyundai (except the cucked US kind but you have shit cars anyway). 2005 accent still going strong with opel and vw shits dying all around.

>Adapting what to what?
Obviously one connector to the other, are you illiterate or something? You can probably find one on the internet, but if not you'd have to make it which I'm sure you cannot do.
>I need a car to survive, because I'm a wageslave. And it runs well, beggars can't be choosers.
Bullshit, you had so many other choices.

pro tip

doctor the 3 images with connectors, removing the backgrounds, and even align them (the middle left one with female plugs).

then reverse search original/ no background / no bgk + align, you will eventually find what they are called

Is that the same model of radio it came with, or did you just assume that all radios have to be specifically made for a specific car?

Weird. The connections on the replacement radio look like the 16-pin ISO connectors (plus the one on the bottom that's probably for steering wheel controls), so why would the ones in your car be different?

Here's the big white one in your car.
pinoutguide.com/Car-Stereo-Hyundai-Kia/Hyundai_EMP300RDS_pinout.shtml

t. terrible at thinking for himself

Never mind. I'm retarded and didn't read. Obviously they've put an aftermarket radio in it (which any sensible person does in cars older than 2010 because stock is shit) and didn't use a harness adapter, and instead did the worst possible method which is just splice the connectors to the cars harness directly. Take it to a radio shop and they can tell you what you need quicker than any reverse image searching or googling obscure car forums will.

You say that like the radios couldn't very well have different connectors.

It's called a wiring harness. You go get one for your car's model and the radio head unit you want to connect.

>Why doesn't every end unit use the same plug regardless of what it is???
God damn. Some people.

I've been looking on ebay, and pretty much every hyundai radio has a connector like >why doesn't a head unit that's supposedly from the exact same car fit?
Retard.

Huh? I'm saying that, for example, if they were to put a Sony in there or something, some retards actually splice the cable to the wiring directly instead of getting a harness adapter that gives you a matching plug to splice it to instead. Though the plug pictured is quite large, and looks like a standard OEM radio plug so I'm not sure what happened there, if the radio OP bought is the correct radio for that model and there are no others.

>if the radio OP bought is the correct radio for that model and there are no others.
Sorry, I was unclear, I was asserting that this was the situation.

>dafuq

Ah okay I understand now. I had a feeling.

Just skip the wire harness, search the wire diagram then hardwire the new stereo in
You might blow a cheap fuse and have to buy some wire nuts as well but a little work and a lot less wait time will be worth it
Basically what I did and its been chugging along just fine

>Just skip the wire harness, search the wire diagram then hardwire the new stereo in
Don't do this dumb shit, this guy is what's wrong with end users touching anything.

This. Please.

Nothing dumb about it, takes a half hour to accomplish if you're not a complete moron and now you have a shiny new radio

You still need to buy the plugs for the new radio, so at that point why not just pay a bit more for the actual adapter?

Everything is dumb about it.

Meanwhile you can just make an adapter and not irreversibly alter your vehicle's wiring harness.

Yeah and now you have a permanently fucked harness that only works for that specific radio's port from now on. Good job dumbass.

>ME WANT RADIO NOW!!
>I'll just half ass it. Fuck buying the actual clean adapter that makes upgrading easy as pie in the future, and looks good. I want this radio RIGHT NOW. NO EXCEPTIONS

Fuck people can't you /diy/?
Just cut the connector and wire nut the proper cables. I doubt op will sell it in the future so its not some huge loss here its not like he wouldn't need to wire up the adapting harness to the stereo just cut out the middle man

This. Each car and stereo has its own plug for the same wires. You get a harness for each and wire them together by color.

It's a weird system but it works.

>Just cut the connector and wire nut the proper cables.
Wow.

You're a retard and I hope you wreck all your cars before you have a chance to sell it to someone else with your half-assed fixes.

>wire nut
Once again proving why end users should never touch anything.

Oh shit I missed that part. I'm a bit thankful for retards like him, since I got a cheap wiring adapter from the junkyard. The kid used wire nuts or just electrical tame, can't remember which.

I would buy again from Crutchfield.com. They usually include all the parts and instructions you'll need, plus will answer any questions. Not knowing anything about electronics or stereos, I bought one from them and installed it myself in an afternoon. They included the extra weird shit I would never have known to buy.

It doesn't matter if he plans on selling it, asshat. It's still a pain to upgrade later and it just looks like shit in general + what happens if a wire is still exposed after you wire nut that shit? Radio possibly fried. There is no reason not to just go to the store and buy an adapter for your car. You will save more time wiring the adapter to the radio rather than figuring out the wire diagram and then tearing your stock plug up just to hardwire your new LED BAZZZZ radio in 30 minutes. It will take a maximum of 10 with the adapter, and then if you want a new one in the future, just pull the radio out, unplug it, and wire up the new one to the adapter again. It's that easy and is clean. Don't half ass your shit just because you don't want to pop over to the store real quick. If you wanted you could just sit your ass down and order it online anyways. A radio is not THAT important that you can't wait a little bit to do it right.

Did you even do research before jumping in to this? You need a wiring harness adapter to attach the OEM harness to the after market headunit or possibly different OEM unit. Bestbuy carries some but Amazon obviously has more variety based on need. Look up crutchfield for more information on switching out and running a decent ground so your audio doesn't sound like a garbage fire.

Why don't you buy an aftermarket radio? You could get a radio, install kit and all for less than $100

Aftermarket radios are generally shit and generally look like shit.

This, though. Really. That radio looks to be a standard size and not the clusterfuck of integration of the entire dash that modern OEM stereos do (with the AC knobs above the auxiliary port and the display above the knobs), so it should be really easy to install a cheap, new $50 Pioneer or something in there.

Don't buy the fancy ones then, you can get basic non-rice radios for cheap that sound good. Stock OEM radios often sound somewhat better ootb (you can try to tweak aftermarkets however and achieve the same sound), I agree, which is a shame, but unless your car is

seriously, people aren't just telling this guy to go to ?

I'd rather reply to this than one of the thousand consumer electronics circlejerking threads plaguing this board, tbqh.

aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-hyundai-wiring-harness.html

Head unit is probably from a different model year or model of car.

You plug the aux cable in the back. Even OP's radio has a place for it.

Get courage and remove that auxiliary 3.5 port

The cheap ones also look like shit and are built like shit, so what problem does that solve?

Never had this problem, sounds like personal experience. Sucks.

>being a wageslave and not buying a late 90s yota.

What, this your first time being poor or something?

different car manufacturers have different wiring harnesses for the radios. Theres literally no standardization.
You can buy an adapter, or you can cut the old connectors off and rewire it yourself.
Since this is Sup Forums, Im going to assume you have no clue what youre doing and will just break your new stereo. Buy an adapter.

>which any sensible person does in cars older than 2010 because stock is shit
Yeah I'm sure some gaudy modern car radio is far superior to the Japan-made Pioneer in my early 90s car.