I want emulation on the go

Is the PS Vita the best way to do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
gpdxd.com/
wololo.net/2016/07/31/ps-vita-3-60-hack-everything-can-henkaku-far/
wololo.net/emulators-for-the-ps-vita/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HtPI920tDPA
ebay.com/itm/Sony-PSP-1001-Value-Pack-White-Handheld-System-Works-Playstation-Portable-/252676684823?hash=item3ad4b43c17:g:HsQAAOSw6DtYTG7U
pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/psp-big-battery-mod.77689/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PSP is a little better.
>cheaper
>cheaper memory cards
>completely hacked

Or use your phone with a bluetooth controller.

What kind of emulation?

PSPs aren't cheap, though.

$50 for a used 2000 is fucking cheap. Plus you can just use a microsd to memory stick adapter for cheap storage.

>PSPs aren't cheap though
Where the fuck do you live? It's like 40 aud.

I also vote for the PSP.

I find the PSP's D-pad to be my all time favorite, better than dualshocks (too mushy), better than Nintendo handhelds (too clicky) and PSVita (not mushy enough).

I got superlucky and snagged one on ebay that no one showed interest for for.. 15 euros shipped! You're probably going to look at double that if you want it right now, but it's still very low compared to Android consoles or a PSVita

Oh wait, I just checked ebay. $30 for one with a broken UMD drive.

psps can emulate loads of shit (i have one), but the screen isn't the best. i wish I could have psp functionality with a higher res screen, but don't think vita has been hacked as successfully :

When I looked 50 dollars couldn't get you a decent PSP, half were missing the AC adapter, battery, and something was horribly broken.

That is literally what I paid for mine. Included the AC adapter and a Sony extended battery.

Was it a 1000?

Fairly sure the PS Vita was hacked with native Vita programs a while ago.

PSP is a fucking beast. Mine could emulate Megadrive, NES/SNES, PS1, Gameboy Advance and obviously you can download PSP ISO's. Literally had thousands of games on it. I had a cable that let me connect to a PC monitor too and still use the PSP as a controller. They are very worth it if you know how to 'hack' it or get someone else too.

PS Vita is feasible. But a Nvidia shield tablet or a controller with bluetooth for your tablet may be less expensive.

I had bought a Launch Vita bundle for Persona 4's port. And it was convenient for me to have a custom firmware on this thing, but it may be a pain to ask for a Vita with an not updated firmware depending on your location.

pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

You probably already own a smartphone, just buy a bluetooth gamepad like pic related.
I don't get why anyone would need an additional device for this.

I don't believe you. There isn't a single PSP-2000 for 50 dollars on eBay that's not missing either the AC adapter, battery, or broken in some way.

because that looks extremely gay and isn't practical

Yeah right now there isn't.

I use a PSP GO for emulation and shit. I own two Vitas (a new and old one) and have been thinking about jailbreaking the old one to try out some emulation on that thing as well.

Granted, the PSP GO is the perfect machine for me: portable, decent battery, expandable memory, compact and fairly safe when closed, etc.

If you can find one online somewhere for less than 80 bucks, I'd snatch it up quick.

Also, from what I understand, there are still far more homebrew applications for the psp than the vita.

Yes, Vita is the best way currently. I'm pretty sure any new Vita will still have 3.60

No, the Vita can emulate PSP now so it is literally PSP+

3DS/2DS is better for emulation on the go.

I'd say VITA but there's nothing in it for anything which is updated.

Vita can:
>do everything a PSP can
>also play SNES games at playable speeds (unlike PSP)
>NVidia GameStream
>Play Vita games, including some HD remasters of PS2 games
It is literally the best handheld with CFW

Sorry, I remembered incorrectly. It was $60 including shipping.

Old 3DS and 2DS are garbage for emulation and can't even do full speed snes or GBA.
>there's nothing in it for anything which is updated
No idea what you're trying to say here.

Stop crying and complete the shell/psp loader (adrenaline)

There is no cfw for the vita. it's just been exploited.

I would do this but I want a grip that goes either side of a cellphone screen, so it looks like a PSP. I've seen grips that do this (I think they're referred to as telescoping or something similar), but I don't want it to look like two sides of an xbox controller - I want it to be relative inoffensive, like a PSP.

Vita's aren't manufactured anymore (they're just offloading old stock), so if you buy outside of japan it should be

>vita can do anything a psp can
Are people really this deluded?

gpdxd.com/ one of these op

psp or 3ds are the best options right now

psp is beyond hacked but 3ds gives you more options

guys i purchased a 3ds XL today with super mario 3d world. I bought the 3ds because im a nintendo fan and dont want to miss out on great titles, but at the same time have heard that the psp is the best emulation device with literally thousands of titles to emulate from.

Now im wondering if i should of gone with the psp vita, i would like to emulate and will try it on the 3ds with a flashcart. which is the better portable console?

Should i return my 3ds xl and go for the psp vita?

n3DS has CFW

Vita was completely hacked too, broski.

One of the original PSPs are great for emulating older consoles and shit like gameboy.
I don't think the psp vita has been completely hacked yet, I could be wrong.
What do you actually want to emulate?

Nevermind.
wololo.net/2016/07/31/ps-vita-3-60-hack-everything-can-henkaku-far/
wololo.net/emulators-for-the-ps-vita/
Nice.

Vita's awesome for it but PSP's much cheaper both initially for the unit and for storage.

I habe a 2000 but no luck finding a decent battery... I bought 4 different ones , ranging from 3$ to 15$.
45 Minutes is the most I can get. Anyone experience?

agreed i use this one fits most tablets & smartphones

Patrician: custom built pi/other mini PC handheld

Contrarian: Android Device

Plebian: Hacked console

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HtPI920tDPA

>Vita was completely hacked too, broski.

nope. Only 3.60 was hacked. Anything that new that comes out these days can't be pirated since they require 3.61. That's why nobody has dumped new games such as Fate Extella, Berserk and ect.

Still, you can basically pirate 95% of the vita library since most games don't require 3.61.

>can't even do full speed snes or GBA
blargSNES does full speed on old 3ds, and you don't need emulation with GBA as it is directly supported inside the firmware

Is it a new or old 3ds?

It wont be long before the version limits are removed if they haven't been already.

Nice shit worldview you got there mate. Ever wonder why your life is shit?

ebay.com/itm/Sony-PSP-1001-Value-Pack-White-Handheld-System-Works-Playstation-Portable-/252676684823?hash=item3ad4b43c17:g:HsQAAOSw6DtYTG7U

Plebeian: Not being able to spell 'plebeian' correctly.

No one wants a fucking 1000 model.

Get PSP 3000, Flash CFW Pro C 6.61 with Micro SD card adapter to get 64 GB of storage.

It would be much better to source your own cells and rebuild your own battery. If you remove the UMD drive, you can get the space for cell phone battery packs.

Best model by weight and general feel to the console, worst model by RAM and screen.

>It would be much better to source your own cells and rebuild your own battery. If you remove the UMD drive, you can get the space for cell phone battery packs.
Can you elaborate on this? I'd like to do this.

If you're lucky you can find a used 3.60 hackable Vita 1000 for like $100 at pawnshops or EBay. The only problem is finding a good sized memory card that isn't stupidly expensive. A 64GB card costs more than the device itself but you really don't need anything more than 32GB unless you plan on hoarding tons of digital Vita specific games.

Hello fellows, I am interested in purchasing one to gift it for Christmas. Is there a firmware version I should avoid, or is it unimportant?

get 3.60 OLED

The Go is amazing. I got one in near-new condition for $50 a few years ago before the price on them went through the roof. Best emulation device I've owned.

I have a Go but the battery is complete garbage. I'm too incompetent to replace it, so I got a Pink PSP 3000 from Japan.

>broken because it's the wrong region
>doesn't include AC adapter
>PSP 1000
Yea, nice shit reading comprehension you got there, buddy. Ever wonder why you never get anything good?

I get roughly 5 hours per charge out of mine. It's not stellar, but I'm happy with it.

PSP 3001 in like new condition with 1gb mem card and 2 movies, 1 game for $60
Yay or nay, guys?

I'm pretty sure there was someone on Sup Forums posting their own mod maybe 1-2 years ago, but here's an example from someone else:
pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/psp-big-battery-mod.77689/

Not too difficult if you know the basics of soldering and can learn about battery tech. Similar in some ways to planning to replace cells for a laptop battery.

Yes, definitely. A 3001 in mint/new condition at that price is pretty good. I recommend buying a cheap memory stick from Amazon since 1 gb is definitely not enough storage.

Thank you. I'll look into it.

PSP's have hit that bottoming out point that systems do where they'll be $50 for the next ten years. That's about as cheap as they get market-price. Could do better at a flea market or yardsale but there's never a guarantee there.

No, a modern Android phone with a external gamepad is far better. Better processor, better GPU, better screen, better battery, less chance emulators' development gets abandoned, more open overall. The Vita is expensive for its price unless you want to play Vita games.

since Adrenaline it literally can, via PSP emulation running all fun stuff that has been written for psp. so, yeah.

Can you play PSP games like Crisis Core?

Best two options right now are either a GPD Win but they're fucking expensive or a PS Vita (any model will do). I have a Vita and it can play anything the PSP can and also do Vita games up to firmware 3.6. There's maybe 5 or 10 games that have been released that need the higher firmware, you're not missing anything except maybe Steins Gate 0 and Darkest Dungeon but they're not amazing by any means.

Yeah. You need to install Adrenaline which is now a pain to get going as you need a PSP game on your Vita as well as Henkaku but you can play any PSP ISO through it. It's a full PSP system emulation, I've been play GTA Chinatown Wars for the last few days.

Got a link to the guide or something? Also, my vita is on 3.57. am i fucked?

The PSP is way overrated

It sucks for super Nintendo and controlling PS1 is a chore

Nah, it's wonderful.

Your firmware's actually too low for the exploit.

>>cheaper memory cards
Shit like this is why no one bought the damn thing and the higher Vita memory cards are pretty faulty too.

>worst model by RAM and screen.
>screen
Debatable. The 3000 has worse colors and scanlines

I have seen 64gb cards as low as $40.

Not really an issue anymore.

No, you're fine, you can update to 3.60. But don't update it directly, you would update to a FW too new. Google guides on how to update it to 3.60