So the screen hinges on my 5 y/o macbook pro just broke...

so the screen hinges on my 5 y/o macbook pro just broke. I work in the tropics and the heat and humidity were really hard on the laptop, I think the battery is in critical condition as well.

I now have following options:

1. Repair it myself for about 200$ and the risk of breaking it. (I have no clean environment, almost no tools and I have to get the parts shipped from the US which is very costly)

2. Let it get repaired for about 400$ or more (the only apple store here has to get the hinges shipped aswell, theyre 70$ a piece(!))

3. Buy a new macbook... (honestly I cant afford it, if it keeps producing costs like this)

4. Buy another laptop (Problem is I dont want to switch, I like OSX a lot and hate windows but need adobe suite for work so linux is out of the frame)

what do you recommend guys?
Im neither a fan of apple nor windows but I got really used to my mac and the software always treated me well but Im open for a change if its not a drastic one.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005CWIVYI/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all
x220.mcdonnelltech.com/
lifehacker.com/the-always-up-to-date-guide-to-building-a-hackintosh-o-5841604
a.co/itNacub
a.co/f02lMWJ
a.co/386ZjAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>hard on

>mac
>apple

A 200$ ThinkPad, Ubuntu and PlayOnLinux at first glance. Which Adobe software do you need? Adobe Photoshop?

so funneh

actually almost all of them, most importantly ps, ai, id

>tropics
>mac
Slave owner detected

I couldn't decently recommend you the amount of effort and time to get used to some software, I'll look in the PlayOnLinux database and tell you what I find; this is a least resort solution.

idiot detected

What country?

thing is I handle very big files regularly so it has to be a more or less powerful machines.

I cant afford to wait 5 seconds everytime I'm moving an element

There are Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe Illustrator CS6 and Dreamweaver CS6 in the PlayOnLinux database, + Adobe Fireworks CS6 in testing (which may contain DRMs).

You may try to use other software through Wine.

NIC

>Recommending an old Thinkpad and Ubuntu for someone who has to get professional work done on the Adobe suite.

This is why Sup Forums can't be taken seriously.

tl;dr: kill yourself

>A computer that can move large files quickly is the macfag's idea of a "powerful machine"
Realmente te hace pensar

You may everything on a ThinkPad (storage, RAM, processor, GPU), with a few exceptions among ThinkPad models.

I don't think I could help you more, so I'm going to bed. Have a nice day.

I helped them as I could, thanks for the help anyway.

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005CWIVYI/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

try to get it shipped from Panama or Costa Rica.

Sure, a powerful machine has a 1080 GTX Nvidia GPU to play to Battlefield.

If your battery swelled that much, get the fucking thing out of your house before it burns it down.

For a cheap Mac replacement, check this guide: x220.mcdonnelltech.com/

>projecting this hard

ain't no way around this op

you'll have to call the police

Also you should check this: lifehacker.com/the-always-up-to-date-guide-to-building-a-hackintosh-o-5841604

>mac
Found your problem.

how is it not?

Hackintosh a Thinkpad T400.

can I hackintosh all thinkpads?
what makes a computer hackintoshable? Is it specific hardware?

don't hackintosh a thinkpad it's stupid. I work with Ps Ai Id Lr Pr Ae and you will never ever have enough power with those laptops.

try this for a hackintosh laptop

a.co/itNacub : Lenovo Y50-70 - 900$
Intel Core i7 4720HQ processor.
8 gigs of DDR3 RAM.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M 2/4GB.
6 inch of FHD/UHD screen.
1TB of SSHD or 512GB of SSD.

a.co/f02lMWJ Dell Inspiron 15 7559 - 800$
Intel i7-6700HQ with Intel HD 530
8GB DDR3L (can easily be upgraded to 16GB)
1TB HDD (Used for OS)
15,6” IPS display 1920×1080
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
Realtek ALC256

a.co/386ZjAA - HP ProBook 450 G3 700$

well if I lose power I don't want hackintosh at all

are those the best options for non-hackintosh laptops as well?

I'll sell you mine for $200. It works but the headphone jack has been broken for years. To be honest I split some water on it last week, but I turned it off immediately removed the battery and let it sit for a day. It is still surprisingly working. The battery is a year old and holds a charge for around 4 hours if i'm doing some heavy web-browsing.

Yeah, you totally need a discrete GPU for fucking photo editing.

>I work in the tropics and the heat and humidity were really hard on the laptop

carioca detected, you should really kill yourself for considering to spend $140 on hinges alone (thats 450 bananas) when a regular pair of used laptop hinges goes for 40 bananas

if you really wanna support a company that compiles for unix-like macOS but sayd fuck you if you dont want shitty windows or retarded apple, just have a hackintosh in a cheap brand laptop

XPS 13.
Any other choice is pure retardation.

xps 15 also retarded?

>$1600 before tax to get a glossy screen model
Yes, almost as retarded as choosing apple.

Oh look it's this thread again.

0/10 bait.

>get a glossy screen model
kys

You're a retarded macfag. Go be tech illiterate somewhere else. You wouldn't even be able to get WiFi working with a brain as small as yours.

I hacked your mom tho

Thinkpad doesn't have this problem.

Why a Pro instead of a cheaper model?

Do you really need the deicated GPU.

Replacing it with something cheaper is always an option.

>doesn't know about diffraction of light

Pick up a book, lardass

I've got an old working condition mac just laying around. It was given to me without any info. What would you give me for it?

My cock in your ass.

Shame I only have one extra laptop then.

If he working so he has money to spend on another macbook. Meanwhile he is just another adobe hostage without money posting shit about GNU/Gentoo. Adobe is the worst company, they only do everthing to addict lusers and block GNU/Linux expansion.