If you have less than 2500 packages, you're either

if you have less than 2500 packages, you're either

>running your shit in a VM as a wincuck
>new
>fucked something up and had to recently reinstall your whole OS
>are not smart enough to maintain a personal computer with a rich software library

this is not open for debate.

hey minimal cucks: nobody gives a shit how fast your glorified solar calculator boots up, or that it only uses 100 mb of ram idling

literally doesn't make a difference to a real power user how limp wristed your pussy rig is

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium_Dependent_Interface#Auto_MDI-X
twitter.com/AnonBabble

837 packages
bootup is 3 seconds after bios
ssd everythings instant
dont be jelly noob

Dear Ragegot,
Guess which option I used,
Sincerly the Fish

>daily update
>5 million package updates to download and install
>takes forever
>0.1% of them actually in use
>durrr look at me I'm so smart

>forever
like 90 seconds and runs in background? and if the internet went down tomorrow forever my shit all works right now anyways, updates or not?

Where do i check my packages?

Use a package manager. I would personally recommend Synaptic.

>power user

nope, i am not a package rat, i just need a terminal, a browser,, a good text editor with syntax highlighting, an app for audio & video,

i dont know what all you have installed but i bet you have a lot of redundant apps

Debian 2595 packages reporting in
Anyone with 100~ packages?

>doing something the hard way when there's an easy way

It's like you hate yourself.

Ur a huge faget OP

1223 packages. But then its Arch, so yeah.

>Needing packages

>fucked something up and had to recently reinstall your whole OS

In Linux this can happen way too easily. I have had to reinstall Linux from scratch like 5 times now in the past year because it's such a mess.

>LINKEKS
Hahahahaha

>I would personally recommend Synaptic.
if you use apt

1127 packages
im fine thanks

I really hate Ubuntu users

% pacaur -Qq | wc -l
4 year old main desktop install

when was the last time you cleaned out packages you're no longer using?

Thought the point of linux was being minimalist not be a winfag with any bloat but whatever man

:^)

>scaled bitmap non-monospace font
that's actually impressive, literally the worst possible text you can have in a terminal

can u post background pls

equery l '*' | wc -l

[\code]

Honestly don't understand how you can justify that many packages, there isn't really a point to installing literally hundreds of packages you don't need, I have much better uses for my ssd then that

All I wanted to do was use kde texlive and haskell and now I have one gorillion packages installed

>In Linux this can happen way too easily. I have had to reinstall Linux from scratch like 5 times now in the past year because it's such a mess.
That's your fault. I've installed twice, ever. First install was ubuntu, second install was me moving from ubuntu to arch. Never needed a reinstall to fix my OS

And recent I was thinking that was too many and wanted to clear out some packages I don't need any more.

not really sure what I'd do with anything more
might try a different DE or something I guess, but why bother if it's just out of "do moar?"

bait/10
>the internet goes down forever
If this were to happen, it would take your computer with it.
Networking is so simple you can literally make a new internet starting from your home to your neighbors with shit sitting in a spare parts drawer.
We dont even need crossover cables anymore ffs.

What the hell is that font

1994 packages here. It doesn't even matter. I have everything I need.

Ok, but how to count them? I can easily list all packages, used or not, and grab detailed info on specific packages matching a string(s), but how to count them all without brute force?

JustFontMyShitUp Pro

This.

I've only had mine installed for a few months, but only have 735 packages. Guarenteed there is unused ones there as well.

why would you even want to turn off your machine

Screen fetch

Debian and arch packages are not the same when it comes to numbers

And why do you think everyone has the same needs as you? What do those packs on your system do? I doubt I am even close to thar even with KDE

b8 theat

I H A T E NIGGERS

oh dumbfuck separate your development environments. if you not doing this you're either
> an idiot
> an hello world in 20 languages guy
> are not smart enough
> you're a show off 'sudo apt-get upgrade -y'
tool

keep it minimal fucktard!

>Synaptic
I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Listen here you litte bloatfag.

I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the NEETs, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret Gentoo installations on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kernel commits. I am trained in package management and I’m the top maintainer in the entire US NEET forces. You are nothing to me but just another target platform. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, KDE shill. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of NEETs across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, faggot.

>>fucked something up and had to recently reinstall your whole OS

This pretty much.
Though I still prefer to keep a minimal install.

>if you have fewer than 2500 packages, you're either
Fixed.

I have 2300 and I don't use most of them so they don't fuck with my idling ram or boot time. It just uses up about 3GB of HDD. Fuck it I allocated 35GB to the partition /usr is on like a madman. It will get cleaned when I go to Fedora 25.

Will I have to reinstall?

Not a vm.
Been using GNU/Linux for about 3 years full time and on and off for longer than I recall.
Developer.

mad?

>if you have less than 2500 potential points of failure

Number of packages depends a lot in which distro you are using, some distros, like Debian, split the packages more than others. Basically OP is a faggot but we already knew that.

I installed gentoo with around 1k packages.
Shit was all nice and ricced up but decides to go kaput one day.
I have ubuntu mate installed rn and it JUST WERKS

WHY IS RASPBIAN SUCH BLOATED SHIT?

I tried clearing out all the garbage I don't need, and it still has an absurd amount of packages.

never in my life i had more than 2300 packages installed, and that time i basically broken a debian install and had kde gnome and xfce installed and not properly removed. Normally i have around 2100 and it fits all my basic needs, i install something if i need it and often remove it after i wont need it anymore.

Try using Raspbian Lite

perfect amount of packages.

>We don't even need crossover cables anymore.

Care to explain? I don't have access to a Satellite user.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium_Dependent_Interface#Auto_MDI-X

Meaning you can just hook up a normally wired cable and use it and the NICs will turn your normal cable into crossover cable.

>cheap pajeet installing everything he can because it's free

I'm Debian with 1997 packages

That means i just need to install ubunto to be a l33t h4x0r sempai? :^)

>1223 packages on arch

You're doing it wrong

Do you have both KDE and GNOME installed or some shit

who else /comfy/ with ~100 packages?

I got 2900 packages but they piled up after 2 years. How do I see which I dont use and remove them? Ubuntu 16.04

> equery list "*/*" | grep -v "virtual/" | wc -l

Fuck off.

i am not sorry having a machine that does the job and just werks, fuck off

What the hell are you people installing?

Danks