>contemplating to kys when you have a FW900
>ever

whew nigga

>taking the bait

>what is oled
crt has been BTFO for years

>OLED
pixels become shit over time, and it's fucking expensive

CRTs don't change luminance and color with angle like LCDs do, retard.

And "LED"? You clearly have no idea what you're talking about at all. Why do you act like you are?
And why bring up ghosting when taking a still photo of a still scene in a video game? Ghosting deals with how fast the pixels can change from one color to another. If the pixels aren't changing there's not going to be ghosting.

I wish every company would just make the move to OLED

i hope they dont

>mfw IPS blows your entire theory out of the water.
Welcome to [current year], faggot

>CRT at direct center
>LCD off to an angle

moving-the-goal-posts.js

more like: smooth glass vs. anti-glare plastic

Theory? What theory? There is no theory to my post, it was facts. Just because you don't agree with the facts doesn't change them.

>>ctr angled and positioned at camera
>implying it would look any different if it wasn't

Not an FW900. Looks like an F520 or C520K.

That Dell LCD only has a ~400:1 contrast ratio, but it looks to me like the ambient light isn't low enough to see that kind of glow. It really WOULD look that bad in the dark though. The Trinitron is probably capable of black levels 1/10 as bright as that LCD in a dark room.

what's the difference between tnf and ips?

Dat CRT looks nice but a modern IPS monitor would kick the shit out of the CRT

Mahfuckers act like they forgot about plasma.

>a modern IPS monitor would kick the shit out of the CRT
No. Most IPS panels still only have a 1000:1 contrast ratio and black levels insufficient for dark room viewing. A good CRT will still beat any LCD for motion performance as well. Plus, it's nice to have the resolution flexibility that CRT offers for legacy computing/gaming.

CRTs are still fantastic for gaming and media. For general usage and most professional usage, though, a good LCD has been the way to go since more than a decade ago.

>caring about obsolete technology

Plasma was never an option for those of us who want displays that aren't gigantic.

Just a friendly reminder that LED is the best screen form

Try on a nice IPS and get the fuck out of here

While burn in does occur, most OLED panels these days have cleaning cycles or similar automatic maintenance that keeps burn in to a minimum, if your panel requires manual maintenance i'd suspect you just haven't been doing it.

>HDR
>Anything but a meme
You realize you could just go tweak your IPS panels gamma and contrast, add some digital vibrance, and get the SAME FUCKING RESULTS... right? Do you fuck nuggets even know how to calibrate your displays or do you actually use them as is out of the box?

Sup Forums how do we purge ourselves of people who simply do not belong here?

>SAME FUCKING RESULTS
lol do you honestly think that's all HDR is?

IPS panels don't even have the required contrast ratio to display HDR content properly unless you use a large number of LEDs in a sophisticated local backlight dimming array.

VA and OLED are the only viable options currently. Unless the new Panasonic IPS tech is cheap and as good as they claim it is.