Go ahead, name a better distro. I'll wait. pro tip: you [spoiler]can[/spoiler]

Go ahead, name a better distro. I'll wait. pro tip: you [spoiler]can[/spoiler]

slackware

Windows 7. No need to spend your entire day updating drivers or finding compatible software.

It is the ultimate "just werks"

but solus just works, i hardly spend any time updating stff

stuff*

I can't but I would recommend screenfetch-dev so it displays the new ASCII logo :^)

macOS

>Spoiler: "can" instead of "can't"
>Spoiler on Sup Forums
Newfag BTFO

Go ahead, name a better distro. I'll wait. pro tip: you [spoiler]cunt[/spoiler]

Gentoo, now goto bed.
/thread

Thanks friend :^)

It's a pretty good distro, but it's just as good as many alternatives. I have a lot of laptops that have gentoo, arch, xubuntu, but my main desktop distro is solus.

I dont know if its the font or the rendering, but either way it looks disgusting. Everything else is aight (except the resolution), I'm a pretty big fan of the wallpaper

At first I thought it was squished up, then I realized that my laptop looked fine. You have gross rendering/font OP.

I find the best default is deepin.

i wish i could install macOS on my T420 but i need the wireless adapter which is a big fucking nope to me.

flash the custom bios and buy a compatible wireless card, they're like $15

install sol... oh wait

deepin ur mom lmao

Yeah idk how to fix it

Seriously though, is Solus good for a filthy 'buntu/mint using casual? Or is it just a meme?

how do u fuck up ur font rendering that badly kevin

Eh. It's alright. Both have nice designs and speed. It's just a matter of what you like better at this point.

I asked kevin but he didn't reply yet

What's the point to solus? Can it use AUR? Or ppas at least?

KEVINNNN

Kevin is asleep, this is Jake. I take over this shitposting shift at night.

I switched from ubuntu to it and I wouldn't go back now.

I thought I'd end up manually compiling everything because the repositories aren't as big but everything I actually needed to use was already there so it's been fine.

trying it right now on Live USB
The lack of customization for Budgie really sucks
It looks pretty by default, but even windows can be tweaked

openbox
xfce4
cinnamon
gnome 3

I legitimately can't. Solus is the best.

Ubuntu mate is a close second though.

What DE and dock is that? It's nice. I might have to try that. I attempted recently but their website was just so shit. In moon runes and all the links were broken.

I dunno I'm pretty happy with Antergos right now.

Same kinda, pretty happy with Manjaro here.

hi

word. Even got optimus working with bumblebee. L4D2 is kinda choppy though.
Honestly, I've been happier with this distro than any in a long time.

Found out that it's their custom dock they wrote for deepin. Looks like they wrote a lot of their own components. Just tried it in a VM, there's so much engrish I couldn't handle it lol. They need someone to work on internationalization. Also, where the fuck is the clock? I couldn't find one? Not on desktop by default and not in the settings popup.

I like how they have only the dock, that's pretty cool and minimal. I also really like how they are trying a lot of new things and made their own DE which I didn't even know existed. But it looks like it needs a lot of work but reminds me of a not super functional copy of Windows 10.

Ubuntu with Budgie DE

Windows XP SP1