What is the best 13" laptop money can buy?

What is the best 13" laptop money can buy?

your wife's boyfriend's

Dell XPS 13, the official laptop of Sup Forums.

>inb4 iToddlerbabbies and cum-stained chinkpad shills

HP spectre

Looking at the top of the line for $2250, worth it?

Or is there one for better value?

Also, would be nice to have a decent gfx card for vidya (but optional).

Priority is something that can run Linux well (ie, decent hardware support / drivers).

Surface Book

2015 MacBook Pro Retina

You said the best money could buy.

But I just got the 2015 one and it's better than anything I've touched. I'd go for the 2016 model just for the pci-ssd, barely any difference from the 2017 besides $

>XPS 13
>$2250

What's that, Zimbabwe dollars?

fuck their shitty trackpad, xps for the macbook quality hp for the plastic shit battery

oh by the way, don't get the touchscreen one unless you really think you're gunna use it. Also it takes most battery, you'll get 5 hours doing jack shit on the web compared to 9. I don't understand why people would shell out all the $ for this high quality screen just so you can fuck it up with smudges and fingerprints

Only a Sith deals in absolutes

top laptops of 2016:

shitty lenevos
shitty ASFUCK hp's
shitty asus
overpiced piece of shit macbooks
...oh yeah, and the xps 13 which is what the macbook wouldve been had the CEO not have been such a faggot

Yeah it seems a little steep.

Who the fuck needs a 1TB SSD??

I actually have the 2013 XPS 13 and it's been real solid, but the touchscreen drives me up the fucking wall. Is it possible to get the non-touchscreen with 16GB of RAM?

i hate touchscreen laptops

dumbest idea ever

Honestly, this will get massive hate but I think its the 13" 2016 MBP with no touch bar. Speed to weight ratio is off the charts, screen is one of the best ever, sound is miraculous, the keyboard actually gets a lot better when you use it a lot, really comfy OS. Unless you mean strictly for gaming.

Just really really don't get the damn touch bar.

yep, I only ever use it by accidentally touching the screen

Worked in a coffee shop the other day and I saw someone unironically using his laptop touch screen to scroll through web pages. WTF

i have the 2015 retina and it's the best thing ever, I have windows under bootcamp

fuck the haters that hard drive is fast as shit

Ty user for input that's not typical Sup Forums meme.

This will primarily be for development, a nice gfx card for vidya would be a bonus.

So, $2600 for maxed out 13" non-touch bar. Comparable price to top-tier XPS13. Only difference is i5 vs. i7 ... oh yeah, and #donglegate :(

surface pro 4 maxed out.

oh yeah, plus it has more than an integrated GPU

is the Iris 540 'good enough' for Civ 6 on lowests settings?

fucking this.

Panasonic Let's Note
Google Chromebook Pixel 2 LS
Dell XPS 13 Developer's Edition
Apple Macbook Pro Retina
Lenovo Thinkpad X260

Enjoy your coilwhine

Macbook Pro with Retina Display

razer blade

>t. mactoddler

Pretty sure I have it, friendo.

>t. mactoddler

Why 13'' though? If you don't mind a little more girth, try metabox.com.au. They're Origin laptops but different branding. You can stick whatever you like in them.

XPS15

>Who the fuck needs a 1TB SSD??
The real question is, where does all the other money go?

1TB SSDs are 300 bucks nowadays.

>no ports
You got to be kidding.

>oh yeah, plus it has more than an integrated GPU
>iris graphics
>not an integrated GPU
Are you retarded?

Razer Blade Stealth seems to be the best.
$1200 for better specs than $2000+ XPS13
Kaby Lake Processor

The 2015 version has freakin awesome improvements, mainly the reason I nought it being the trackpad. I believe they're capped at max 8gb of ram though. I'm not sure if Dell officially even sells these now but I've seen different ones on Ebay with 8gb of RAM. The one I got had a sweet deal so right now I'm dealing with 4gb ram and a 128gb ssd, but everthing I've thrown at it (besides multiple adobe programs running) has ran like a boss. Even rocket league at lowest settings gets around 40fps