How can I connect this to a power cable

How can I connect this to a power cable
It's from old computer speakers and it's missing the power connector part so I stripped it and want to power it but how do I solder this

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini-DIN_connector
pinouts.ru/Home/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just buy a 50 cent power cable, they're everywhere.

You're more likely to do a shit job and burn your house down if you need to ask us how to do such a simple task.

Or cut out the middleman and set fire to your house using traditional means.

Power cable from where
What type voltage in and out
It's to power this
What cables do I connect there's alot of colors

is there a dc connector on the back of the circuit board?

I've been able to power the generic sterio speakers with just usb, they are like 5.5 to 9 to 12 volt, dc and it requires more amperage the higher the volume is, it will run on a 9 volt battery but won't last long and won't be very loud.

No just a ground cable

Ground? Pictures please.

I'm I using this to power some passive speakers

99% probability anything 9v and lower wont kill the board 90% that 12v won't. I don't know, you can power it from a 4 pin computer psu molex connector if you are crafty enough.

The red and black wires that are separated from the connector, the polarity does matter.

The red/black are for audio
The power was coming from that initial picture cord
It splits into all those colors and goes in the mold fitting thing
All I want now is to power this up but how

When I did this i was able to fill a corner of a room, a good 4 big speakers off a computer psu, without overloading it too far, and enough to be heard from the next room. I was watching initial D and the theme music was adequately loud enough to overpower the neighboring room.

I have no idea if I was that desperate I might try to look at the bottom of the board and compare it with a simple diagram of how an amplifier works, I'm unsure, that's a strange power cord design for desktop speakers.

These are it what I'm trying to power
There passive and from a direct connection to phone jack you can hardly hear the music so I figured an amp so I had these speakers laying around and thought of using it as power and control since it has a jack for aux

I just want to build an amp my self and I'll need these parts I think for volume and the board already has redblack out for speakers

Where did you get the pc speaker board from?

Insignia old comp speakers

You can try 3 volts to every wire in combination untill the led lights up, if you put 2 AA end to end it will be 3 volts, or boost it to 4.5 with 3 AA, AAA or D or C will work too as long as it is at least 2 or 3 of some type.

I used that since the power cable of them was missing it needed like an adapter with a weird connector and couldn't find it online

Do you have the other end of the cord? you can cut the other end open with a very sharp knife like a box cutter, to see where the power would go, the power would probably kept different from the speaker output.

I'll do it now

>Insignia
Yeah that shit sucks man I would get 5 to 6 volt and test every wire, you probably won't kill it with that much, the connector looks like keyboard ps2 or svideo, but its for audio, I"ve seen crap like that before, but it has been a while, they were like in old HPs or for capture or video cards, i hate that shit.

Here is a possible lead
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini-DIN_connector

Thnx guys I'll continue tomorrow it's late
Got it opened and weird wiring again

pinouts.ru/Home/

Thnx this has it covered

bump

you're going to blow something up