/solus/ - Friendly solus thread

Get solus: solus-project.com/
Solus forum: solus-project.com/forums/

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2sHtz9qWVwAOTYyWWRVakF5Q28?usp=sharing
solus-project.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2377
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Frst

Programs is for faggots, Solus is best! Anyone who downloads more than 5 applications is a fool anyway

I'm using i3wm on my solus. I want to make my terminals transparrent, but solus doesn't support compton.
Are there any other alternatives that work with Solus.

...what?

I'm here.

Waddup Kevin!

That looks really nice dude.

I tried installing solus via flash drive. It boots up and shows the logo and tries to start the installer, but my 4k Asus monitor turns on and off with DisplayPort: No Signal. I don't have any other monitors or an HDMI cable to try with. Has anyone managed to solve this? I also tried burning the iso with dd and Rufus just in case, with no change in result.

i like solus

That looks great, one of the better rices I've seen for sure. Do you have your dotfiles uploaded anywhere ?

Oh man, it's all really just a hack to be honest. I'll try and gather everything, but it might take a while.

Looking good dude. I do prefer neofetch over screenfetch, since it shows the right logo

Try "Ctr + Alt + F1" Does it show your terminal? Try asking on the solus forums with a bit more detail

I don't understand this meme distro. It looks like themed gnome. How is this better than, say, Ubuntu or Fedora?

Alright, i think i got everything.
note that you may need to fix some things here or there. Also be sure to read the readme's i have put in
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2sHtz9qWVwAOTYyWWRVakF5Q28?usp=sharing

Nah, the monitor isn't recognized after the splash screen I think, so it just keeps rebooting my monitor

It "just werks" like Ubuntu. But is at the same time also highly customizeable like Arch. It also has a pretty good community although a bit small.

Do you have access to other cables (i.e. use HDMI if you're using VGA, or use VAG if you're using HDMI)

also it isn't anything like this, right?
solus-project.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2377

>It "just werks" like Ubuntu
I thought this was something Sup Forums actively didn't want, considering how much they love make-work distros like Arch and Gentoo, and how much they rip on Ubuntu.

That's also why there is so much hate on Solus :^)

When did solus became mainstream? Jesus christ

No, the only cable I have is DisplayPort.

And no, it doesn't even load into budgie for me. Or maybe it is and the DisplayPort driver isn't working. It shows the splash screen that says Starting Solus in 5,4,3,2,1 and then the monitor boot loops.

Also, I mean that I can't even get to the installer. I suppose I could try what that thread says and try the 1.2.05 iso, but I think I'll just pass and stick with Debian until my new Macbook arrives lol