What stuff do you usually install when you do a clean install of your favorite OS?

What stuff do you usually install when you do a clean install of your favorite OS?

Other urls found in this thread:

cccp-project.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

xorg
openbox
nvidia drivers
steam
mumble

then...

rice time

>rice time

Are you Indian?

nVidia Drivers
Adobe Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC & Premiere Pro CC
JPEGView
mpv
foobar2000
µTorrent 2.2.1
CCleaner w/ CCEnhancer
Chrome Canary
Discord
MediaPreview
Notepad++
And muh vidya

Usually just some stuff from Ninite

tmux
vim
htop
virtuialbox
rustc

ricing is some weeb word for customising your pc to the level you come to expect from autistic weebs

ha dont be a jelly kelly

All I need.

>Visual Studio 2017

what the heck

how is it compared to 2015?

Where did you get the C++ 2017 redistributables?

Windows:
Firefox
Winamp
Steam
PCSX2
QBittorrent

Linux:
Audacious
mcedit
Window Maker
VLC
QBittorrent
Qupzilla
youtube-dl

faster and crashes way less. plus much better intellisense for c++ (about the same for c# which was very good anyway). otherwise mostly the same. new installer is much better also. i only need c++ and c# tools and related tools which took about 7 minutes to download and install which is nice.

comes with vs2017

>java
>2016

nothing wrong with java. decent language, solid runtime, fast, crazy easy to debug even concurrent code, built in GUI toolkit and even though it isnt amazing it is more than good enough for simple UI on programs that are cross platform and need some graphs or other visual shit. there isnt really anything else that does things quite as well as java, maybe Qt but it can be a pain in the ass a lot of the time. plus c++ is pretty shit imho unless you can live in a c++11 world which sadly not everyone can who are working with older code bases

As you can clearly see, I do nothing of importance on this PC at all. Not visible are a bunch of emulators and such.

Adobe shit
steam
chrome(main browser)
firefox
discord
drivers
visual studios
IDLE
deluge
foobar
ccleaner
notepad ++
obs
that one video player with 123 on it(forgot the name

rate

this video player
cccp-project.net/

Vim
Gcc
Gnu make
Gnu radio
Gnu icecat
Gdb
Torsocks
Clamav
Radare2

>nouveau
>make
>mpd+ncmpcpp
>TRIM
>pulseaudio
>tar
>GIMP
>vim

Much better now.

I have no audio player and no picture viewer what do I do

Install foobar2000 and ImageGlass

Ok I remember foobar being mentioned back when I used jetaudio, but if it works that's all I need
What about video? VLC?

Kek

>VLC?
mpc-hc

+Photoshop, VS2015 & libraries, and Mathematica 11

I strongly recommend everyone here install ShareX if you shitpost daily on Sup Forums, you can screenshot posts and other stuff, cut the image, have it upload to imgur and put a pasteable link in your clipboard (which allows you to click on the Link button in the image section of 4chanX and directly paste it) within a second

>using KMSBoTNET
>not using Microsoft Toolkit from MDL
>not rolling your own with the FOSS KmsEmulator

It comes from the racing community. A ricer is someone that puts a spoiler on a 4 banger. Its meaning seems to have changed

Both involve unecessary customizations made by autistic weebs

Actually used it in one of my reinstalls a couple of months ago. There was a bug with it that caused one of the processes (don't remember which one, but wasn't telemetry) to arbitrarily eat up to a third of my CPU. Made me switch to this one and the problem disappeared

>but it wasn't telemetry
Because the third party in-development app you downloaded must be perfect and Microsoft can never compete with their flawless programming?

just kill me already

hey, at least you're not that guy

>A ricer is someone that puts a spoiler on a 4 banger.
Wow, please stop saying things.

i wish there was a way to get all the net framework and the C++ in one file.

This

are you ?

yeah they fixed that with vs2017 thank god

I masturbate every day, so a browser is a must.

I open Internet Explorer and download Google Chrome. Then, I close Internet Explorer forever.

Then I install NVIDIA's drivers because Windows does it for you automatically, but they give you a worse version. I want the latest and greatest so I may shitpost in best of quality.

Then I remove a few viruses from my computer. Such as Windows Defender, OneDrive, and Flash Player which for some reason is built into Windows now. Great.

Then CCleaner because I'm lazy. Microsoft Office because you expect me to use WordPad like a weeb? Spotify to distract myself from the existential crisis we're all in. Sublime Text so I can be a real programmer like everyone on Sup Forums and that's about it. Those are the main ones.

I hate having anything extra on my computer. Very OCD about it, especially when it comes to programs. I refuse to install anything that requires me to install .net frameworks with it or visual c++ redistributables. That's your punishment for taking the easy way out you lazy fucker. Next time make it standalone.

I might install some other things if it suites me, but Chrome really does A LOT more than people give it credit for. A LOT more. Essentially it's the only piece of software you'd need. They made an entire operating system out of it for fuck sake. It even plays webms which Windows seems unable to do. Keeps you from needlessly installing VLC.

Unity tweak tool