/hpg/ - Headphone General

Hot Meme Edition

~~ PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO GET PURCHASE ADVICE ~~

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.
If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

s.aliexpress.com/AvUNfiQZ
yuki.la/g/57435284#p57436012
multitools.parametrek.com/
innerfidelity.com/images/SonyMH1C.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When will this be on sale??

just buy some er4s nigga

>Budget
10-15€
>Location
Germany
>Source
Xperia Z3
>Type of headphone
in-ear
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
50/50
>Sound signature
-
>Past headphones
XIAOMI Mi In-Ear Piston 3 on phone (deceased)
using Audio Technica ATH-M50x (mostly on my laptop)

HJE120K/HJE125K

maybe the piston 3 youth edition if you liked the pistons

>HJE120K/HJE125K
Which one is better?

>if you liked the pistons
Well I liked them, they were good. Good design, good sound, but they were pretty fast dead

SHE3590
Better sounding than the HJE125K, and fits better imo.

I've had mine for a year so far and no signs of breakage.

Same sound.
Better sound but worse fit and worse microphonics to me.

they might have been fake

there's way more fakes than legit ones on the market

youth edition is basically the same but with a flat cable and you don't get the cool box thingy

Look around yourself maybe
125k has 4.6 on amazon, 120k has 4.4
can't find comparison discussions other than the non k versions and I'm not sure if there's differences there
hell I don't even know what the difference is between the two

Fit is kinda subjective in the end. I ram the SHE's in my ear and never have to fiddle with them. The HJE take more to get them to sit right in my experience.

Can agree with the microphonics though.

>SHE3590
Are they straight into the ear or "bend"? Straight ones hurt my ears

Thanks

>they might have been fake
They coudl be fake, but I bought them from Amazon

>They coudl be fake, but I bought them from Amazon
that don't mean shit
I doubt they were sold BY amazon, they were probably just sold ON amazon

fakes can be sold on amazon and fakes are being sold on amazon

They've got a bend in them.

They were sold by another company on Amazon, with 4.5 stars. But still could be fake

Thanks. Will probably decide between the ones mentioned here

if it aint grados its shit

What is the best $100 IEM? Is it still the shure 215?

Ok amp/amp+dac to drive 500ohm beyerdynamics?

Can spend up to around 200usd in scandinavia.

>500ohm
what the fuck dude

I enjoy HD598 CS and listen to them on an Amp/DAC when not mobile.

X2 or HD650 ?

X2 is better cuz it has more bass

HD650 is better cuz it has less bass

Why hasn't the eiaosi x6 been labeled the budget king for earphones yet?

A bunch of /csg/ anons reviewed them to be exceptionally good at that price and I've been happy with mine for a few weeks now.

s.aliexpress.com/AvUNfiQZ

because its just one shill in csg, they sound noticably worse than kz ED9 ATE ATR and ZST, and worse than zircons or hybrids too

bumping this

Not according to /csg/ reviews, and not from my personal experience.

Why do you lie user?

>amp
Any that has decent power output. This isn't dictated by the load impedance.
>DAC
Irrelevant.
>500 Ohm
I can't recall any Beyers having nominal impedance of 500 Ohms. 600 Ohms yes, not that it matters.

Objective 2 is a very high quality and safe choice. Head 'n' Hifi sells them in Europe. I ordered mine there.

>Not according to /csg/ reviews
Did anyone measure them? I wouldn't trust anyone on reviewing the sound of audio equipment. Especially not here.

user, you Seem a little upset.

Why do you dislike these headphones so much? A quick look at the reviews seems to be enough to know you're not being completely honest

I own every iem I just listed friends

yuki.la/g/57435284#p57436012

I just got my first pair of circumaural headphones (Tascam TH-02's) and they sound pretty good. They're a little uncomfortable but I plan on replacing the pads and upgrading to something better next year.

What pads do you recommend? I hear good things about Brainwavz HM5 pads.

>Budget
150, can stretch, will wait for sales
>Location
us
>Source
behringer um2
>Type of headphone
over ear, open prefered, closed not shunned though
>Comfort level
comfy would be better
>Sound signature
Neutral with a bassy inclination
>Past headphones
akg240- love the sound, not enough oomph though
kz ATE are my favorite IEM's right now

I've never owned a decent pair of headphones before. Is there any truth to the sennheiser veil meme?

e07k used to be the go to for portable, but I think a better option came out a while back

as for the headphones fill out the form in OP

have a look at xpt100/HM5, they're neutral to bassy, but closed
however most neutral to bassy headphones you'll find are closed since it comes with being closed

>buying pads as expensive as your headphones

I think it's more of a specific taste in sound profile than a veil, some people like it, some dislike it, just like most sound profiles

if you can test them, go for it, if you can't, I wouldn't risk it unless you get a great deal on them or they're all you can get where you live

Literally zero information. Why would anyone take your(or whoever else is shilling them) for granted? It's just "Hey these sound good to me. Believe me. Buy them." repeated all over again. With the level of experience I'd expect people in /csg/ or Ali/Ebay etc to have with in-ears and audio gear, it makes these posts even less interesting. More so as I've personally heard so many cheap in-ears and none of them were good, not even sound wise.

Get someone to measure the cheap shits so we can actually see how they do. I wouldn't be surprised if they fall to the exact same category as 99% of the cheap in-ears which is:

>stupid amount of bass
>uneven treble response, canal resonances everywhere
>poor qc, poorly matched channels
>shit fit, three tips included
>bulky and heavy metal housing because muh build quality = uncomfortable, easily fall off
>hardwired cable that tangles on itself
>non-replaceable filters

Yeah true, for 3 bucks you don't really expect much but I'd figure many people who want decent quality are willing to pay a little more to get something better.

No because Sennheiser does not have a house sound(their products are all over the place) and people call all kinds of different responses "veiled" when it masks things they are expect to hear more clearly.

Whoops. And here was me awkwardly asking my parents for a gift for the first time since I left undergrad.

I live in sort of backwoods NC so I don't have shit around me besides Skull Candy and Beats.

ehh the pads aren't bound to my Tascams forever, when I get better headphones I can just transfer the replacement pads onto those (assuming they fit).

>And here was me awkwardly asking my parents for a gift for the first time since I left undergrad.
sennheisers are easier to ask for a gift because practically everyone carries them

are x2's the best open back headphone for people who like bass?

hd650

x2 is garbage redditor meme shit

>garbage redditor meme shit
wow, you're truly an encyclopedia of headphone buzzword slogans. Thank you for your excellently insightful input.

The X2s are definitely better because they have more bass

dt770 or m50x?

X2

770's have better soundstage and probably better bass

>Budget

230$

>Location

US

>Source

iPhone 6 Plus (I prefer wireless headphones)

>Type of headphone

Full sized

>Open or closed

Closed

>Comfort level

Comfy AF

>Sound signature

Not sure, whatever is suited best for hip hop and metal

beats bluetooth

get one of those Sony xb bluetooth headphones.

Had a pair and while they looked nice they were uncomfortable and terrible for metal so I returned them.

Is there any site like this multitools.parametrek.com/ that lets you choose headphones based on the features they have?

I'm looking for some decent over ear closed back headphones for around $100 I can use with my phone and laptop because I hate earbuds and the on ear headphones I have now are pretty weak when it comes to bass and soundstage.

>Budget
$150
>Location
USA
>Source
computer/MSI gaming 5 mobo
>Type of headphone
full/over-ear
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
maximum comfort for all day (10h+) use
>Sound signature
neutral/bassy

I listen to a lot of electronic music, predominately future bass

I'm autistic and need to isolate myself from noise.
What can I get for around 50$?

>Budget
100 bucks. Flexible to whatever if what I want isn't available in my price range
>Location
USA
>Source
Laptop and Iphone SE
>Type of headphone
Full sized with decent soundstage
>Open or closed
doesn't matter
>Comfort level
very comfy
>Sound signature
I value clarity and instrument separation, but I also want a slight bass boost. Maybe a slight v shape.

HM5 pleathers.
Theyre like 16 euro on amazon

>reviews on ali mean anything
youre not the brightest, are you

You cant find any overly bassy open headphones at that pricerange. Though X2's and HE400S with HM5's are options when they're on sale.

DT 770's
or
Takstar Pro 80/Kingston Hyper X Cloud Core [yes, the headset] + HM5 pads are good options for closed headphones

Anyone have a Micca OriGen+ ?
No idea if this is good for a entry level dac.

>entry level dac.
They all sound the same

Some of their headphones, yes. Its not as bad as meme'd either. HD 600's are clean, though some other cans aren't.

DT 770

Yes. Better than a FiiO E10k. Schiit Fulla 2 may sound better though. Research into that.

Yes, I got mine on sunday, this is my first amp/dac and I am very impressed. It sounds good to me, and was the perfect solution for active speakers/headphones. I like that I can leave the phones plugged in, and use the switch to switch to the speakers and control the volume with the origen. Installing drivers on my win10 laptop was a little fucky, they are unsigned, but after jumping through some hoops it works great.

I don't have any reference to compare it to besides my desktop's shitty, noisy onboard audio, and it is 100% better, even the speakers sound better.

I kind of fell like the Fulla 2 may have been better, it just has a higher end look to it, but I love the toggle switch on the Origen+ and not having to plug/unplug phones all the time.

x2 v hd600/650?

HD 600 for clean detailed' flat sound, X2's for fun. 650's for warmer version of 600.

>Budget
$100-150
>Location
Europeland
>Source
Phone, laptop
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Bretty comfy
>Sound signature
Neutral, balanced
>Past headphones
Brainwavz Delta, AKG K240, Plantronics Backbeat Sense

Looking for something decently neutral and balanced to use on the go since I listen to a lot of different genres, Bluetooth is preferable but not required

thanks, what kind of sound is good for pop/instrumentals/remixes of pop songs?

Probably X2's. If you're not looking for pure audiophile grade autism tier sound, X2's are usually a lot more appealing to normies/normie music.

All music actually, 600/650 are for muh gaymen and muh analytical sound.

maybe hi2050 or hd558

xpt100/hm5

xpt100/hm5 if you want neutral to bassy
7506 with replacement pads if you want neutral to bright

HDs for all music in general, if you want one for only gaming the ADX00x series is better

are the Zero Audio Carbon Tenore worth getting? How durable are they?

>Read headphone reviews
>Reviewer talks about "burn in time of 100 hours"

written reviews are usually shit unless they're written by someone notable. Video reviews are typically more helpful

Looks like a square dildo, user.

What's the difference between the XPT100 and HM5? The HM5 looks way more comfier to me

600/650 are actually pretty mediocre for gaming. Lacks soundstage, but even more importantly, imaging isn't that amazing. The ADx series is much better. Hell, even Mad Dogs are a lot better.

X2 is far more versatile, wider soundstage, more bass which makes movies and games impressive. Underated headphone if you read about how much work philips has put into it.

Are these genuine?
www.ebay.com/itm/281263777227
www.ebay.com/itm/262661642100

Measurements.
innerfidelity.com/images/SonyMH1C.pdf

Are MEE M6 Pro still the best IEMs you can get in the $50 range?

>Budget
$150, flexible
>Location
US
>Source
PC and gaming devices
>Type of headphone
Over-ear
>Open or closed
Either
>Comfort level
Comfortable
>Sound signature
Neutral-ish
>Past headphones
HD280 Pros.

Pic related. They still work great, for the most part.

wtf happened to the pads

Jesus christ did you feed them to a bear?

B-but muh snapheiser.

got a HE 500 for $400, how did i do?

I found one for 160usd should I

> Bought a pair of Momentum 2.0 as an early christmas present
> Friend gets mugged on his way to uni
> Too afraid to take them outside now
I need a cheap pair of IEMs I won't miss if I get mugged by a nigger. I honestly don't care as long as they don't sound like complete garbage like my Applel earbuds.
Source will be my moto e1 as I stopped taking my S7 outside as well.

live somewhere where you don't get mugged by niggers, OR learn to defend yourself
easy

Dunno, they just broke up over time. Been using them for a few years.

>Budget
$50
>Location
US
>Source
Mostly computer, some phone
>Type of headphone
Over Ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
High. I'm paying $50 for the best sound $20 can buy.

Detachable cord is a huge plus, since that's what tends to go first on most of my headphones.

No

Probably. Or the dt990s if you don't mind ear rape

770 are objectively better. M50x is only better for portable use, or if you don't plan on getting an amp

A gun.

Superlux 662 EVO

Sup Forums, with foobar, do you crossfeed? Which plugin do you use for it if you do?

How 'bout stop being such a poorfag and not niggercommute(bus/train/walking/etc)

>Get it as soon as Jan. 17 - 30
Got a second choice?