IT'S OVER

>8C/16T 3.4 GHz ZEN VS 3.2GHz 6900k

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/10436/amd-carrizo-tested-generational-deep-dive-athlon-x4-845
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

INTEL IS FINISHED

How will Intel ever recover?

Dont forget 95w vs 140w tdp.

Have they released the video file for this yet so we can test our own PCs?

amd finally did it. they have slain the jew.

thank you based su.

AMD can claim whatever TDP they want.
In reality the CPU will still consume >300W.

Typical new AMD product scenario:
>AMD fags say it's the good time AMD surpasses intel/nVidia
>First, obviously not impartial, tests, say their products won
>You later find out their TDP is awful
>Later tests show they ain't even competitive with intel/nVidia rival
>We end up buying intel/nVidia and are fine with that
>AMDfags buy AMD and whine on Sup Forums that it's better to comfort themselves after they see their games run like shit.

>X was bad so Y has to be bad too

This meme needs to die

Source?

It's not a meme, it's the natural coping mechanism of people who don't want to admit they made a shitty purchase.

AMDs zen stream

Man, it's just natural to not trust AMD after knowing how things went in the past. Maybe this is really the time they do something good, but since they failed time after time it's quite retarded to claim "OMG le AMD won!!11" after just a couple of fake benchmarks.

>Not even out
>Shitty purchase

Or you can just not be a retard and look at the facts. Zen had the same designer as AMD's most successful CPUs to this date, (leaked) footage indicated several similarities to Intel's Haswell including SMT, with a declared focus on IPC instead of just "muh cores" from the very beginning.

And no, these benchmarks are not "fake" unless AMD wants to actively fraud investors and risk lawsuits. They won't be necessarily 100% accurate, but it shows the direction they are going. Handbrake is more of an indicator than Blender, at least. Their 8350 wouldn't beat Intel's 6700k on it, let alone a 6900k.

Zen won't be the big savior in terms of performance, you're retarded if you ever thought that - But it will likely be the closest they've been since their K8.

Why are you attacking on me while there are 13 yrs old retards all over here who are claiming "IT'S OVER, AMD WON!!!11" over a little margin which is probably the "little inaccuracy" you're talking of?

I never denied this could be better than previous meme CPUs AMD did, but all these kids orgasming over bemchmarks AMD made (which even if not 100% false, are most likely made in a particular condition in which they know they'll be advantaged) are quite pathetic.

When more objective benchmarks will come out we'll be talking seriously.

yeah
my 8350 at 4.76 got 2min and 29 sec

do i need to call suicide watch for you?

>expecting anything less from Based Keller

Apologize

JEWTEL

BTFO
T
F
O

Have they released benchmarks for single-threaded benchmarks yet? AMD's issue - even under Excavator and Bulldozer - was never multi-threaded scaling.

Zen's 8C/16T is matching the competition on a core-to-core and clock-to-clock basis. A Bulldozer with eight "cores" within four Modules, e.g. their 8350, couldn't even beat a 6700k in both of the shown benches. Zen won (barely, that is) against a 6900k.

This indicates competitive IPC.

>tfw we're back to the athlon/phenom glory days when AMD was a viable budget pick

who /955BE/ here

Reminder that AMD haven't released a competitive CPU since 2005, when most posters here were barely out of diapers.

to be fair, my 6850k, at least according to hwinfo64, doesn't draw more than 90 watts at its stock 3.6ghz with turbo off during some abusive stress test like avx2 linx or avx2 prime. normal stuff, like gaming, or even intel burn test stress test, doesn't cause it to draw more than 60 watts tops.

140 tdp is there to ensure it can reach its boost speed of 4ghz with turbo boost 3.0 support. turbo boost 2.0 its 3.8ghz and its tdp is lower.

That was a Zen part locked at 3.4ghz while the 6900k was allowed to use turbo states.

Over indeed.

Is that in blender? Maybe I mishead but I thought they were releasing the video they used in handbrake too.

that was blender yeah

>bulldozer 2.0
>IT'S OVER GOYTEL IS FINISHED :^)
can't wait to see single-core performance

I'm speechless. As a harcore intelfag I honestly though Zen was going to faceplant hard and leave rivers of amdfag tears for me to drink.

Fuck man, it's not easy accepting this. It's like watching your older brother become homeless and you being powerless to do anything about it.

Intel has only had a competitive processor since 2009 and Sandy Bridge though. I'd say 1999-2009 it's been mostly AMD. Intel had a decent celeron you could overclock on the cheap back in the day before the 1Ghz barrier was broken.

>This indicates competitive IPC.

In the specific workloads shown. That is the caveat that you can't forget. All architectures have their nuances. Strong performance in one metric is not necessarily indicative of performance in another.
Though it was a good sign that they said they had beaten their 40% average IPC uplift.

Zen is the biggest core AMD has ever made, and everything in the front end looks adequate to feed it. Even if they wind up 15% behind Broadwell in a good handful of benches it will still be an incredible showing for a fucking brand new arch.

4.76ghz got 159s
For 3.4ghz it should be 113s.

It was actually 54s so drawing on this, it's a ~90% improvement in IPC. Something isn't right. Guess maybe the ram or something.

Zen is on par with 6900k whos single core is on par with 4770k

Wishful thinking but maybe you could overclock it into a 8 core skylake without burning your house down

Honestly can't imagine how shitty you must be feeling of your trouble purchase. So much money wasted.

Intel runs all cores at boost as long as temps aren't reaching the limit. So unless they were using stock cooler on both there could still be a bias in favor of AMD since Wraith is exponentially better than anything Intel offers.

the reason bulldozer was bashed was because of its terrible single core IPC which made it perform worse than its predecessor in games, which is the only metric autists care about. Bulldozer was a monster at tasks that used all 8 modules, beating even Sandy Bridge back then.

Now that games use more cores/threads, all AMD has to do is win the gamer autists and Zen will be a bonafide hit.

>Stock cooler
>6900k
Might as well kill yourself. Lisa said the setups were identical so literally identical cooling. Cooling would be a future advantage for RyZen (SenseMi Extended Frequency (which wasn't implemented)). I'm sure RyZen will do much better and chew the 6900k at launch.

It was a "monster" at something that nobody had any use for. Also, it's not a "monster" at 8 core workloads that don't do integer math. It's really weak in floating point.

The only time Bulldozer had good performance was when you gave it the correct workload, and a processor isn't good when it only works with the correct workload.

>cherry picking benchmarks

its almost as if they are selectively releasing benchmarks known to make use of all of AMDs cores.

It will be a different story when it comes to applications that do not use multiple cores.

both parts have the same amount of cores and threads though

Handbrake and Blender are hardly cherrypicking.

TDP is not the same as power consumption. What the TDP does mean is that the AMD processor will be easier to cool, so it can go into more things.

You're stupid

just look at pic
this is the desktop Excavator cpu/apu released earlier this year.

You can win be kind of handbrake than then suck ass at gaming at the same time.

anandtech.com/show/10436/amd-carrizo-tested-generational-deep-dive-athlon-x4-845

They mean nothing to me. Fire up Arma 2 or Arma 3, or play Planetside 2 in a 96+/96+ clusterfuck and let me know how they run.

That's what I need to know.

Holy shit they actually did it. I have a 5820k and am now officially on suicide watch.

>6 Cores, 12 threads, 3.2 Ghz unlocked with higher than sandybridge IPC for ~$250

Holy fucking shit

Intel actually BTFO

who cares about a oldass barely loses to a i7 6900 vs a brand new amd 'zen' with double the cores and threads

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE 490?

>higher than sandybridge IPC
congratufuckinglations
stupid Sup Forums gaymers

ZEN OPTERONS WHEN

>excited about more threads and not single core performance

>Sup Forums gaymers

Wow you're fucking stupid

Yeah man, that's what I want to know and they didn't tell me. I don't care about productivity shit or streaming shit.

>ASUS

you should be happy, if AMD delivers it, Jewtel will be forced to lower their prices

If they will.

>for ~$250
where are you getting this?

The wont deliver.

Intel won't lower their prices because people will buy it no matter what because it's the "safe choice."

DELET

his ass

Heat is a function of power consumption, unless you found transistors that generate zero heat

saved

both intel and nvidia have released utterly shit products, and not too long ago either

this is just fanboyism

>all these people wanting it to annihilate intel
>all these other people wanting it to be lol ayyymd housefire

It's better for all of us if they show up with something that is i5 or i7 comparable but hopefully costs you say $30-50 less. Then we're all happy because competition is great.

that's Roddy piper

so 3 years of hype

finally gets shown

when can we get it? a fucking year from now?

can't wait for 7000k series benchmarks to come out :^)

q1 2017

in otherwords, at the very end of march

lmao cannon lake will be nearly out by then

Intel will probably push it back to 1H 2018 like they did with Kabyfail

let's hope it's not a fucking disappointment like kaby lake

Heat is the by product, if it only produces 95w of heat that means it's more efficient or can clock itself more efficiently over a 140w processor.

Hence why Intel's started to sell 4w processors as processors that can TDP up to 9w or TDP down to 2w as needed by adjusting clocks.

>muh gaymes

>In the specific workloads shown. That is the caveat that you can't forget.
Blender it's literally what Intel recommends to bench their own processors you stupid shill nigger

>The final two tweaks—"Neural Net Prediction" and "Smart Prefetch"—help to shuffle data through the CPU more effectively. AMD claims there's a "true artificial network" and "learning algorithms" inside Ryzen that are able to predict future decisions, pre-load instructions, and learn application data access patterns in order to improve performance. That's aided by a beefy 4MB of L2 cache and 16MB of L3 cache.
Holy shit.

You didn't get the memo. From the moment AMD first showed Zen all those months ago it automagically (and retroactively) made piledriver good in blender because that is how AMD cherrypicks.

Nevermind that piledriver gets slaughtered in blender.

This seems to be a pretty standard AMD practice these days
Fanboys post a few pictures here and there of their products only operating at 50% and still beating the competition, saying BTFO and INTEL NVIDIA BANKRUPT. Then when the product releases it's fucking nothing and they go quiet for a while until rinse and repeast

Is there a high resolution version of this? I'm interested in which codec and filters they used for this benchmark.
If the price is reasonable I'll buy a ton of those.

Looks like they just used the appleTV 3 preset

Intel sat on their zionist asses for 4 years of tick/tock faggotry while Jim Keller was in the basement building this beast.

Don't care. Show me benchmarks in specific CPU intensive games and compare then to the 4790k, the 6700k the 7700k.

If it wins or at least comes very close in them, then it's worth buying.

If it doesn't then into the trash it goes. You can keep it for your workstations.

I've never been more happy/proud for a corporate entity.

>muh games
Back to Sup Forumsreddit

Never thought I'd see the day.

My CPU History
>955BE
>Bullshit FX-6100
>Master Intel i7-6700k
Fuck AMD

who could be behind this post?

HAHA YOU ARE DESPERATLY TRYING TO FIND A REASON TO NOT KILL YOURSELF RIGHT KNOW SO YOU POST ON Sup Forums LMAO INTEL KEK ON SUICIDE WATCH BTFO

Gtfo jewtel shill

A 8C 3.4GHz has 10% more perf than the last gen 8C 3.2GHz from Intel ? Absolutely nothing to fear, it's awful. Intel will come with new CPU with like +25% perf.

>>Master Intel i7-6700k

Yeah you better say that - you still 30 more installments on your i7, kek.

There's no new Intel CPU's with actual improvements until 2018, even then it could be delayed like Kaby Lake was
We already saw Kaby Lake, literally zero improvement IPC wise and about 100 mhz faster base clocks

The only thing that can save Intel now is going all out in bribing, or aggressively cutting prices

95w vs 140w ;)

>JUST
>WAIT

Is there any standardization in measuring the TDP? Or companies just pull the values out of their asses?

I like how you imply that intel needs saving.
AMD is going to get stomped, for the same reasons that they got stomped during the athlon 64 days.

I like how you imply that AMD needs saving.
intel is going to get stomped, for the same reasons that they got stomped during the K6 days.

Yes I want the CPU that gives the best performance possible in games. I want to squeeze out every frame I can to make use of this 144hz monitor.

I could not possibly care less about work related shit like streaming or video rendering and all that other shit I don't do.

>Is there any standardization in measuring the TDP?

No. Its not something that could be standardized. Take two chips that are identical in all regards except one of them has a max temp of 50c, and the other 80c.
The 50c chip needs more cooling to keep it operating within its operating range. The 80c chip can run hotter, and therefore get by with a more sparse solution.

Temp range is just one factor in how TDP for a given part is determined. Another is logic density, even layout of the logic itself. Every chip is different, so TDP can never be an ISO metric.

>AMD is going to get stomped, for the same reasons that they got stomped during the athlon 64 days.
Intel can't pull out a bribe all the OEM's with less repercussions than they had during the Athlon 64 days
Also, AMD was pretty close to 50% of marketshare during those days, despite the massive bribing Intel did, they didn't got stomped at all
If Intel pulls the same shit again they could end up broken up by the federal government though, the only thing they can do is price cuts
There were muh gaems benchmarks in the stream, the entire stream was catered to vidya retards like you
And Blender is pretty much an equal workload to most games