Remember when Windows was actually good?

Remember when Windows was actually good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sforhbLiwLA
surfthenetsafely.com/ieseczone3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

*thinks hard*
no

No

No

Windows was never good.

No

OS/2 >> Windoze

Ancient History.......OP. And FYI......The best version of Windows was Windows 2000.

Yes

I remember when it was shit. Why did you post a picture of when it was shit?

Back them people put a lot of thought into design and feel, now all OSes are flat and boring, they dont even have starup sounds anymore

no

But that's not 2K OP. In fact that is exactly when windows went to shit.
You just think it was good because it was the first version you used.

Amen.

I've been using windows since 3.1. XP was best; a lot of freedoms power and control, programming wise. 7 is shitty but has some good features XP should have been fed.

>7 is shitty
You say that shit to my face you fucking cocksucker

Think harder.

/thread

True.

Yes, today while I was using my Windows 10 laptop. :)

Windows 1.0 and 3.11 Where damn good though.

your're 7 a shit

>Windows 1.0
>literally who
>literally why, some dumb shell when I can have Norton

R E V E R S I
E
V
E
R
S
I

youtube.com/watch?v=sforhbLiwLA

tfw bitmap fonts will always look superior to cleartext aliased garbage on modern windows

But XP was terrible? Worse than 2k actually?

Try taking the nostalgia glasses off

>HURR BUT COMFY

XP's pretty good, I still use it regularly

Tahoma is TrueType.
You can disable anti-aliasing though.

XP was the worse. So many fucking viruses.

didn't go back far enough OP.

Yeah 95 was great.
Pain to install though.

It was the time when everybody was getting on the internet but nobody was using home routers providing a hardware firewall yet, (connecting their system directly to the internet instead).

And before ad block.

7 is ok tho..

i used to constantly reinstall windows 98 like 10 times a month, 95 was less than that, then finally no more fucking reformatting and reinstalls with win 2k

That too, but there wasn't much need for it back then either tbqh. A simple popup blocker integrated into the browser stopped most annoying shit.

This, here we didn't have msn cancer yet.

Windows 7 IS shit, it's the reason I installed Linux in the first place. I did not have a problem with windows 3.11, windows 95, windows 2000, xp or vista which all were superior to windows 7

i have 7 because i still have the first grand theft auto that i downloaded from the rockstargames warehouse when they weren't jews, the 2nd gta, gta3, vice city, iv, and v installed, i need to get a new san andreas because i lost one of the discs and i wish i could fucking find my simcity 2000 disc

Hmmm

No.

You are on the wrong board

should i buy a mac instead to appease you?

It still is.

I came here to mention this.

You have to take the versions in context. At the time, given hardware & available resources & general state of the Internet, Win2K rocked the shit. Stable as all fuck (for the time period), highly customizable, could be run on 128 MB RAM and a P II 400 MHz ... I had two machines that were P III 700 MHz and 384 MB RAM with a pair of 40 GB SATA I HDDs in each of them.

They were madness as far as powerful workstations went. Tried to load XP on them and they nearly shit themselves just running the OS. With Win2K, I could run fully updated Photoshop 7 on gorgeous 19" 1600 x 1200 CRT monitors. Hardly a pause or stutter.

Once I acquired a 2.3 GHz P4, then WinXP ran pretty fucking OKay, but it's a pig on anything less.

I only migrated to XP because the hardware no longer had drivers that worked with Win2K. I'd have cum in my pants to run Win2K on my 2.3 GHz P4 with 2.4 GB RAM. But, drivers hell.

And, I'm only moving off XP about now for the same reasons. I have full 64-bit systems that WinXP just can't work very well on. Still looking at at a very lean linux for the boot OS and running most of the daily productivity shit off a VM of XP. I'd even go back to Win2K if I could run all my software from my XP machines under Win2K.

The only real reason for me to run Win7 is for the 64-bit software that doesn't install/function under a 32-bit OS. Completely fucking despise the bloated piggishness of Win7 sucking down 2 fucking GB RAM just to fucking boot on a 3.5 GHz i5, and still FAILing to run anywhere near as fast as XP on a 3.8 GHz P4.

>sata
>1999

it was tolerable at most, never good. people that think that windows was ever good should try other OS asap

Yes for the first time ever with Windows 8 and for the second time with Windows 10

it began with windows 8 and continued in windows 10

it was at least usable win10 has turned windows in to pajeet owned botnet borgtown

XP had my favorite default UI
vista and beyond gave me cancer.

For retards maybe.
I've never had a virus on it and I still have a machine that runs it.
Be less retarded.

I even used IE6 for years with no problems.
Reason being is I locked down XP, disabled all stupid services, shares and everything I never used.
I also locked down all the zones and unlocked the My Computer Zone to disable everything locally.
surfthenetsafely.com/ieseczone3/
These zones define low level security not just for IE, but the entire system. Common mistake people make.

Congrats, you've made XP a fucking tank.
XP was as broken as the shitty default settings were. Linux can be made just as broken by changing its settings to the same level of idiotic lax security. Many people stupidly do this when setting up servers and wonder why their shit site got rekt. (then go back to Windows servers :^) )

WinXP on classic with this was, and still is, a dream. (PoS Ready version these days since XP is outta service)

You don't even need to do that. Just use FBWF (not EWF as it can commit live(w/out reboot) which is less safe) and set a few exclusions. When you suspect there is a infection simply reboot the computer and it reverts back to the previous state. If you need to install software, reboot the computer just to make sure the base image is clean, then turn off FBWF, then install the software before turning it on again. The exclusion paths would not be sufficient for malware to auto-start as long as critical pathways such as startup or system32 folder is not included in the exclusion.

>windows
it's actually VMS/Windows or VMS plus Windows, as i recently taken to call it

having to fix XP over and over again made me learn a lot about computers, i have a soft spot for XP since the first PC that was actually mine had it

i love windows 7 as well. lots of people on Sup Forums shit on windows but the truth is if you know how windows (not 8 or 10) works you can make it your bitch

no but ricing it is fun cos its way harder than ricing linux

>implying an OS initially released in 1999 only supports 1999 hardware
Good luck using the stock XP installer for a SATA drive yet there are millions of XP machines with SATA

i don't think i've seen a P3 box with sata

could have got a pci card i suppose, but that would be unusual, ide drives kept being made for some time, and by the time people moved to sata hdd's, they already had mobos with sata ports

not to mention 2000 was a good 5 years old when sata came about, it was already old, 3 newer versions of windows were already out

>windows

Windows still is good, for me at least. Both my machines are still on years old Windows 8.1 installs. No dramas here, shit just works.

>"okay students, class is over"
>have to wait 5 minutes until my laptop has shutdown before leaving the class
people will defend this

Just shut the lid, update when you know you have the time to.

It's bad for a HDD in a laptop to carry it around in sleep mode.

>2016
>HDD in a laptop

>praising non NT kernel

The fuck are you on about?

>remember
but i'm still using w7

Non NT kernels were shit. (I'm talking only about Windows kernel).

he doesn't mention any non-NT windows

HDD is powered down in sleep mode.

Win 2K has a NT kernel?

Oh shit, It's a NT Windows.

imagine XP without the crappy parts

that's literally 2K, it's perfect.

2k is NT 5.0, xp NT 5.1

This

Why

Running Windows programs on a computer with a ULV Core Solo and 512MB RAM

but user, that's not 98 SE

Nostalgia glasses are warping your view of Windows XP.