personal git
backup system
tor node
Sup Forums clone
web blog
proxy
seed torrents

>Tor Node
I second this. Especially if you configure it as an exit node.

An exit node is pretty dangerous to run. not going to risk the van

Run it through Tor

If you don't know what to do with it, why the fuck did you buy it in the first place?

>irc chat

I used to be the original hoster for Sup Forums with the Wolfenstein ET server (you can check the wiki.) You can revive it for me since I couldn't afford to pay for it since I lost my job.

put up a gopherhole

>seed torrents
>on a vps
That's risky. Better to grab a seedbox just for this purpose.

What is the difference?

The country? A seedbox in a shithole with next to no copyright laws make a world of difference.

but what if the VPS was in that country

Then disregard what i said and seed happily.

jk its in france im fucked

Use it to broadcast a livestream of you killing yourself.

Bet like half are in OVH anyway.

Small world i have a vps in france which is why i said that, a friend had his account suspended for seeding with an ovh server, no refund, he was quite upset.

>irc bouncer

if you follow private trackers at all one of the biggest music trackers got taken out @ ovh. What do you use your VPS for?

ovh is extremely anal about torrenting on public trackers and will shut you down at the slightest complain from one of those companies that track torrent swarms

Website, ftp, occasional vidya games server hosting and linux shit when i don't want to/can't use my home server, nothing unusual really.

mine Buttcoins. make some money off it.

How difficult is it to host email on a VPS

Assuming you don't buy some shitbox with a dynamic/blacklisted IP, the only real difficulty is getting the provider to update their reverse DNS.

Easy, but you soon learn mail hosting is a world of hurt with all the spams and getting accepted by the big mail provider because they often default you to spam unless you contact them to say you are legit, if it's a company mail i say don't bother, use a service like fastmail or gmail pro it's cheaper than spending a few hours unfucking the potential mess.

>host a personal gitlab server
>host a personal VPN

Run a exit node for tor through the tor network?

Brilliant