Anyone have experience with small-screen laptops? Considering getting an 11"

Anyone have experience with small-screen laptops? Considering getting an 11"

I have a 12.1" laptop and the screen is too small for my taste.

Definitely need to use a tiling window manager with it to best utilize the small screen real estate.

Whats a tiling window manager?

look up i3 or awesome on youtube.

The keyboards are usually shit as well as this

It is a desktop environment which arranges open windows as tiles on a 2D space which do not overlap, as opposed to floating window manager which can put windows in front and behind one another.

Pic related, it's awesome window manager with three windows open.

Was going to use i3.

Chicklet, yeah.

I still use my t430 for standard use cases, I wanted the smaller laptop for easy travel and using in public spaces. I'm aware of the limited screen real-estate and junk keyboards. Anything else worth mentioning? Was going to get an Acer Chromebook 11 c740. Alternatively I'm looking at the Acer 14 if you guys can convince me that the screen is too bad to use.

Bump

I have a 13 inch and regret it. Staring at tiny text all day is making my vision shitty.

My main laptop's 12", a Latitude XT2. Also have a netbook that's 10", IdeaPad S10. Going to replace both with a Let's Note CF-RZ5

I've been using a Toshiba nb205 since the keyboard on my 15 inch Athuth bit the shit. Not great for front end web dev or anything else you want lots of screen space for, but it runs emacs, a command line, and a PDF of K&R real nice. Has a good little keyboard, too.

small screen laptops are great for work, not so much for personal use.

I recently got a Acer Chromebook 11 (CB3-131). It's really comfy, even if you stay on ChromeOS. I have crouton installed for anything that needs a "real" OS that's not too hardware intensive. The Chromebook is perfect imo for bringing around with you all day. I have a more powerful computer at home so it's not even a problem

I think I'll be fine with the small screen. All I'm really going to need in the command line more or less. The only media I'll likely use it for is audio. Thanks Sup Forumsents.

11" Asus vivobook here.
no problems on size but it does hang when i try to do more intense tasks

Consider 12.6" or 13.3"

I own a 2170p Elitebook which has a 11.6" screen which isn't bad but you do get a lot more with a slightly bigger screen.

Chromebookfag here. I adore my C720. It's still as good as the day I bought it. Don't even bother with Windows Netbooks. Windows is shit on shitty hardware.

Get the Dell XPS 13, it has a 13 inch screen in the form factor of a 11 inch laptop, it's fucking amazing.

using a 11.5 inch laptop. Its ok on the go, at home I use an external monitor. Bigger wouldn't be not that good. 13 inch woild be maximum for what I want carry with me.

Why do you want one? 14" is the perfect screen size, imo. 12" is already too small.

i've used two netbook as primary computers, eee701 and an aspire one. the eee had a 7" screen that was 800x480 (ouch!!) and the aspire was a "more reasonable" 1024x600 10" screen. i prefer/am used to small font sizes, so with a tiling wm/small zooms it actually worked and wasn't too hard on the eyes. kinda comfy tbqh. getting used to the small keyboard was harder