Is software engineering the master race degree?

is software engineering the master race degree?

No, a PhD in Music by composition is.

only afro niggers get music phds

>wasting money on university
>master race

LOL

Of course not, retard. It's a PhD in Liberal Arts.

my semester cost me 80USD.
I'm not a dumb burger.

the degree itself is useless without actual experience

and what they teach you is just 40% of what you need in a software development job

at my work one of the lead developers has a major in philosophy

He was always good with computers and learnt programming by himself, but he thought computer science was about mainboards, cpu transistors and stuff

don't make the same mistakes I did, for my first two years in college I assumed what I was studying was enough to get me a good job, then I got a summer job and I realized you need to learn so much on your own

week 1: How to interact with other people, realize that reading code other than yours is like learning another language, be the only one interested on your bosses' "Software development cycle" presentations with due dates that always get delayed at least 3 times

Week 2: shit your pants when your boss assigns you something you have no idea to do, and eventually you make a fuckup or delay a task, just to realize that's part of everyday work for everyone

Week 3: Realize the graphic designers are pieces of shit as well as the entirety of human resources department, you get introduced to Focus groups all with sub 80 IQs, somehow you need to write a report from their experience from the 3 following phrases repeating several times "huh? no it's okay, I don't have any suggestions" "It should be more like Apple's X" "Excuse me what was this program's function again?"

Week 4: understand that you should probably save your work money instead of having 17 pending packages from amazon, realize your grades have gone to shit, worried about slacking at work to study, you do it and no one notices, but you don't study either.

Week 156: Graduate with 2-3 years of experience, now with your piece of paper you can do exactly the same you've been doing the last 2-3 years but with 40-75% higher salary

Only if you don't mind be replaced by an AI within 10 years.

Business degree is more important but really doing both would be best.

pretty much this

unless you're landlocked like me because of university and have to do everything remote

the thing is, keep learning everything you can, get your hands dirty, work on that portfolio and pray for the sweet release of university

>codemonkey
>master race

Electrical Engineering is superior in every single way.

>falling for le fancy degree meme
It's the experience that matters.

>he got a meme computer degree without the math

kys

>he thinks real programmers use advanced math IRL

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

>>non codemonkey position
>>use FFT, Descrete Math and Multi-var calc regularly

How does it feel to be disposable user?

>software """engineering"""
>90% of the work is done by googling and copy pasting code from stack-overflow

thats mainly compsci tbqh
engineering is highly client/ project specific so google only helps so much

'no'

>No, a PhD in Music by composition is.
that's not how you spell gender studied.

Only pajeets get a software "engineering" degree

>tfw electrical engy master race

good luck finding a job actually doing ee tho
also im p sure pajeets go for the 'certificate in IT systems engineering' which is configuring lans, installing windows and repairing computers

Ah the triggered burger.

>at my work one of the lead developers has a major in philosophy
My former boss also majored in philosophy.
He was a decent developer.

>making a light blink on a raspberry pi

whoa... so this... this is the power of EE

>good luck finding a job actually doing ee tho
???
It's probably the eng with most employability (in my country at least)

He could have already a background in IT before majoring
I'd like to take a major in history for keks if I'll have the time

>No, a PhD in Music by composition is.
Enjoy being poor because idiots only buy Type 0 music

>death metal type 0
>sludge and grindcore type 1

DELET THIS

>do music PhD in interactive non-teleological computer and machine composition
>have to write own software, construct own machines, program own ai, compose constantly evolving music with trillions of permutations
>learn about the philosophies behind technical and artistic mediums
>learn about the vibrations that control the universe
>master the music of the spheres, use gesture and will to control complex computers and machines to produce beautiful art that brings tears to the eyes of even the most hardened critic
>can't get a job at the end
>master race

>blackened noise

Hahaha

Wrong board: This isn't for the technologically illiterate

probably biomolecular engineering
>learn programming
>learn electrical engineering
>learn math/computer science
>learn chemistry/chemical engineering
>learn high level physics

it pretty much requires knowledge of every major STEM field in order to approach meaningful application

I love these bait images.