What are some good pc speakers? Building my first pc and don't know what's Sup Forums approved. Budget is around 100$

What are some good pc speakers? Building my first pc and don't know what's Sup Forums approved. Budget is around 100$

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/Scythe-Craft-Speaker-Lautsprecher-schwarz/dp/B003OF111A
amazon.com/Cerwin-XD3-Powered-Desktop-Speakers/dp/B009JXHTNU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481687608&sr=8-2&keywords=powered speakers cerwin vega
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16886106042&ignorebbr=1
amazon.ca/Logitech-Multimedia-Speakers-Midnight-Black/dp/B00EZ9XLEY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1481720794&sr=1-1&keywords=computer speakers
amazon.com/Creative-GigaWorks-Multimedia-BasXPort-Technology/dp/B001S14DYO/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1481721069&sr=1-3&keywords=creative speakers 2.1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Headphones or a pair of bookshelf speakers. Don't bother with surround speakers or a set of "pc speakers" since the sound will likely be terrible for the price.

>bookshelf speakers
he's going to need an amp for those

don't bookshelf speakers not have an aux to work with pcs or something? don't know shit about tech please don't kill me

amazon.de/Scythe-Craft-Speaker-Lautsprecher-schwarz/dp/B003OF111A

Yeah I don't want to bother with an amp and all that, is there really no decent pc speakers?

I've been down this rabbit hole. You can choose from the following:
>PC powered speakers that sound just ok and won't register every his and whine from your motherboard/video card
>Bookshelf speakers that sound bretty good but you'll need a home stereo receiver inbetween them and your pc. A good option if you already have an old receiver laying around.
>Studio monitors that will run you at a minimum $200/pair for entry level. You'll need a USB audio interface with TRS balanced outputs like a Focusrite Scarlet 2i4($140) and cables.

If your budget is around $100 I'd recommend you just get some decent powered 2.0 speakers. Not sure what others will say but Cerwin Vega recently came out with some computer speakers that are outstanding around the $100 mark.

amazon.com/Cerwin-XD3-Powered-Desktop-Speakers/dp/B009JXHTNU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481687608&sr=8-2&keywords=powered speakers cerwin vega

These have 2 crucial features.
Headphone jack on the front and a volume knob.

Some have volume on the side or only on the rear. Many don't have the front mounted headphone and input jack. So you can plug up headphones when you want to be quiet and can also patch your phone or ipod directly in to the front of the speakers. Makes them worth getting for that imo.

I got one of these for $99.99 during Thanksgiving sales.

Vizio SB3830-C6M
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16886106042&ignorebbr=1

For $100 budget, this thing is pretty fucking incredible. Optical digital input and it's loud & clean and hella dynamic range for something without a subwoofer. Even then, I sure wouldn't call it all that weak on bass for a PC speakers. Full stereo w/ center channel, movies & music all sound pretty fantastic, Dolby Digital and DTS support (optical input required) and I doubt there's anything that can touch this for $100.

I mounted mine on the wall behind my monitors at desk level so it projects sound out from underneath the monitors. I planned to try it mounted above the monitors, but it sounds so good where it is, and it's out of the way (visually, also) so I've not had a need to try it.

Shop around & look for it on sale. That "30" part of the item number (SB3830) is important. It means stereo plus center integrated into just the sound bar. Haven't seen any other soundbars that so that. Also, this has a sub-woofer output on it, so you can dd one on in the future if you want & find one at a decent price.

I have pic related, they're pretty good

>not spending 10k on speakers
stay pleb

Honestly I just used an old Panasonic home theater system

The DVD Changer/receiver doubles as a monitor stand

10k for speakers? you could've put central air in your house instead

get a cheap amp off newegg and go to thrift stores/goodwill/salvation army and pick up some bookshelf speakers on the cheap

Monoprice sells cheap bookshelf speakers too

>here comes the fag with off-topic post
I want to build a new pc after I built my 1st noob rig last summer,
My question is should I just start to build a whole new rig or should I look to upgrade certain parts instead?

this is my only straight functioning PC and I am worried if I open the chassis I could fuck something up that I wouldn't be able to troubleshoot and I have no warranties etc.

There are book shelf with amps in them so all u do is plug a the jack and the power cord

Upgrade you pussy

yeah but I mean upgrade my noob rig or keep noob rig as a back up and go for broke with the new system?
>gtx750ti
>fx6300
>8gb ram
that's the noob rig for reference

Just get a new graphics card if you game a lot, otherwise I'd focus on things like the keyboard, mouse, monitor, and even desk

I don't game very much at all to be honest. The first build was just a fun little project I had wanted to do for awhile and finally did it when my laptop shit out.
Monitor and everything else is pretty solid although I would like a second monitor and the 750 can handle it.

Maybe I am just having a little buyer's remorse/anxiety and my noob rig isn't really that nooby? I just like to build things

I know what you mean, but I'm still using my i7 920 from 8 years ago just fine right now

Hit up Ikea and make a sweet workstation for your rig instead
Mount a TV above your desk with a sofa on the other side of the room behind the desk. Maybe even a loft bed over the sofa if you're tight on space

damn that's a couple good suggestions thanks user.
I need to stop focusing on material shit I don't have and focus on how to maximize my comfort and current tek as you suggest.

>still using my i7 920 from 8 years ago
damn that's nice. I like hearing anons give benchmarks for how long their tek lasts. I have been assuming this is a common fear/paranoia I feel that your first build could crap out and you don't know what to do to fix it?

Yeah, but in my case I was more afraid of the costs associated, but now days not so much since replace the parts for my computer are so cheap

For example just the other day my dumb ass accidentally unplugged the entire computer's fan controller while installing a new HDD. I didn't realize it and let my OCd CPU cook itself until the system crashed
When I found and fixed the problem I wasn't too worried if it would manage to boot up since I could always just get an i7 950 for like $50 on eBay

There's also the fact that I've gotten into cars as a hobby as well, and the costs associated dwarfs even the most extreme PC builds. It's all relatively easy I guess

If it does fuck out go for a cheap 1366 Xeon will be a nice performance upgrade from a 920

True

I have these
amazon.ca/Logitech-Multimedia-Speakers-Midnight-Black/dp/B00EZ9XLEY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1481720794&sr=1-1&keywords=computer speakers

Cheap, 'good-enough' sound quality, and haven't broken (1-2 years)

amazon.com/Creative-GigaWorks-Multimedia-BasXPort-Technology/dp/B001S14DYO/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1481721069&sr=1-3&keywords=creative speakers 2.1

these are pretty good