That time Dell made a $660 gaming laptop that can play modern titles without sacrificing build quality, portability...

>That time Dell made a $660 gaming laptop that can play modern titles without sacrificing build quality, portability, or batter life.

>wanting to play modern titles

This. I only play post-retro indie titles.

Dunno about gaming, they're expensive as balls, but the precision m6800 was fucking dope.
Don't own one, but was upgrading one for a guy.

got dayum that thing was glorious.

one fucking panel, access to everything. 2 2.5" sata bays, m.2, 2x mini pcie slots.

It's possible but it's a matter of keeping up an artificial market. Why spend 400 on a bs low end machine when for a bit more you'll get a machine infinitely better and will last you longer?

>$660

Link?

Got the one with an I7 and 8GB for the price of the cheapest one about 5 months ago for uni. I keep telling myself that it was worth the money since others buy those shitty macbooks which this just destroys them in almost anything.

Should've spent a bit more and got the XPS 15 or Alienware 15. Dell has been making pretty fucking amazing computers lately, and I don't mind spending the little extra trying to support a great company.

I just didn't think it was worth it to pay an extra 500 bucks just for a thinner bezel.

Dell's been hitting it pretty hard lately.

Literally just bought one of those for my gf. Got the i7 version for 750 on Amazon a whole back and added an m.2 ssd for like 60 bux.

CS1.6 \o/

Anyone else wish Dell would get a new less ugly logo?

What's wrong with the Dell logo, I think it looks better than everything out there.
Although the XPS 13 would look better if it's just the Dell logo on the lid, just use the awesome XPS logo below the screen like they did with the previous design.

Maybe it's just the viewing angle but that screen looks like garbage

>XPS 15
>powerful internals inside ultrabook body
nah I will pass

>numpad on a laptop
>15.6"
n-no thanks

>$660 laptop
>modern titles

are these modern titles stuff like CSGO @ 50fps?

My thoughts exactly!

You always know what I'm thinking, Maki :3

It has an 860M, which isn't great, but it's definitely 'okay.'
It's like that chick that isn't pretty, but she's skinny with a nice face and puts out any time you want..

Ie: yeah you could do better, but you're still gonna get laid.

960m*

>expecting a screen to not look like shit on a phone camera

Do you happen to work on Photoshop with that machine of yours? If yes does it support animated zoom? That's one of the feature I'm missing from my x220t which I really hate and the small screen too. Really want to upgrade to a better laptop

That's a 960m, buddy

you can haggle it down a refurb unit down to ~$450 if you pester the dell outlet support

>post-retro indie
That means what exactly? Indie games mimicking early 00s games? Or what?

but that's what it is, although i'd wait for the pascal refresh as the 960m has already begun to show its age.