So Sup Forumsentoomen, the install of Windows 10 home on my gaming box has fucked itself again, need to reinstall...

So Sup Forumsentoomen, the install of Windows 10 home on my gaming box has fucked itself again, need to reinstall, but don't want to go back to buggy piece of crap. Should I backdate to Win 7, Get Win 10 Enterprise LTSB, or give up with Winshill and go with Ubuntu or SteamOS instead

>inb4 Install Solus/Arch/Gentoo, Im looking for driver compatibility for my GPU (Gaming box, remember), and Ubuntu and its derivatives seem to do that the best.

I'm using 8.1 on my gaming desktop.
I think it's better than 7.
I recommend 7 or 8.1, fuck 10.

if you have an amd gpu, go with a rolling release distro and use mesa-git with the libre drivers

Probably should have specified, I have a GTX 960

As someone who did dual boot Linux and win10 i can say win10 did better. The issue with x.org and switching drivers was too much trouble. Only half my games would play. High graphic games requires constant tweaking (I.e. Alien isolation). SteamOS is ment for a console, not to bring games to Linux.

i would then actually install any linux distro with up-to-date drivers. either steamos, ubuntu or arch with native steam runtime, which might be harder to setup, but might also get some performance boost. you would have to care for it more though. make steam launch in big picture on boot. forget windows.

This. 8.1 is the best OS and I only upgraded to 10 because there was a bug on 8.1 with the HTC Vive. Otherwise I would have used 8.1 till the day I die.

Go with 7. 10 LTSB is a buggy piece of shit.

You wouldn't know that about LTSB from the way that Sup Forums shills it all the goddamn time

No, I use them, both 2015 and 2016

Is there a build 1511 version of LTSB yet?

there's 1507 and 1607. why would you want 1511? do you understand what ltsb means?

>the install of Windows 10 home on my gaming box has fucked itself again
like how? because it means nothing without specifics
did you install last year build and upgraded it to current version like a retard or something?

USB devices keep momentarily disconnecting all at once, explorer crashes and restarts while in game, overlaying the taskbar and having my mouse interact with the taskbar instead of the game. Coupled with random slowness and glitching out, i'm just sick of the bullshit

These are all "not on my machine" problems that you have created yourself with hap hazard curation of what you install

what bugs?

If you primarily use that computer for gaming then just install Windows 7

>not running latest Insider builds on your pc
>being too dumb to run Windows
You disgust me

>after the release of the next windows
I'm using 10 on my gaming desktop.
I think it's better than 8.1
I recommend 8.1 or 10, fuck [the current windows]

>living the meme

>>living the meme
I do and feel comfy. Almost every week updates on my 3pcs and 4 phones. Occasionally on my Xbox as well.
Feels good man.

>being a meme

>Windows 10 home
>Windows 10
>home

Are you a cute girl?

tfw no normie tech illiterate gf

Well the 2016 LTSB RS1 is indeed buggy. The 2015 LTSB TH1 isn't though in my experience, but I heard they are incompatible with nVidia drivers.
Windows 8.1 and Classic Shell is the best imo as long as the accounts does not contain the word "user" in it which causes a logon lag. There was a KB article for it iirc.

Pascal doesn't work on LTSB 2015.

Pretty much Reading very first post also made me almost sure that you will screw over your Linux distro as well, especially since most of distros are not idiot proof.

You probably dont even know what LTSB means and just follow blindly what Sup Forums says, because "hurr durr, Enterprise LTSB is the only version you need/want".

Install Solus, it's actually good.

Is Solus the new meme?

No.

But lately I constantly see on Sup Forums how people are all like "install Solus" in different threads, much like they used to say "install Gentoo" before.

probably win 7. Fewest broken keyboards that way

Linux still lacks some games natively, so unless you want to fuck around with wine and PlayOnLinux (which are very simple to use but can fail to install pirated software/games), I recommend keeping Windows 7. If you're playing something that requires latest dx use enterprise 10.
Although I can say I'm happy with Ubuntu, games which I play just work™.
Basically:
>I play games which require dx12 and Windows 10
Use Windows 10 enterprise (ltsb)
>I want to play games currently unavailable on Linux
Use Windows 7/8.1, Ubuntu, ZorinOS (since it comes with wine+PlayOnLinux).
>Most of my games are available on Linux but some games are still not
You can use any Ubuntu derivatives for this, but if you don't want to waste time you can just use Windows 7/8.1
>I play games already available on Linux
Then just use *buntu or anything Ubuntu based

Alternatively, you can dual boot between a personal desktop OS and a gaming dedicated OS.

Except they're not memeing you, they're giving you good advice.

Win10 newb here. How do I update my computer without access to the start menu

Reminder that Linux has gaymes

Dual boot windows 7 (or 10) and Lubuntu

Wrong link alert, here is the right one