I just individually counted all the memory each app is taking up and it came up to roughly 3...

I just individually counted all the memory each app is taking up and it came up to roughly 3.4GB and yet it's saying all fucking 11.76GB is being used up. This is the 6s and it's only been happening ever since the 7 came out, the one where the starting storage space is 32GB. Is Apple doing this on purpose? Somehow getting my phone to take up all the memory so we get frustrated and are forced to upgrade?

Please tell me it's something else before I decide to call them and threaten a fucking lawsuit or something in autistic rage

DFU mode and factory reset is the only way to get rid of iOS cache files filling up your phone.

>Apple phone
>Google Maps
>WhatsApp
>Yahoo Mail

Jesus, one botnet wasn't enough for you? You had to get four of them?

iOS is borrowing unused RAM for caching the data. That memory pool is immediately released when some app requests more RAM. Linux does something similar.

This always confuses noobs.

tl;dr: all is fine, just let the OS use the RAM as it sees it fit to speed shit up.

You're right, but wrong. He's using 'memory' meaning 'storage' in macfaggese. Not RAM.

You don't think phones have 32GB of RAM yet, do you?

So it won't be an issue when I backup after factory resetting?

>Google Maps
I'm austistic with directions
>Whatsapp
I think I downloaded it because I wanted to contact someone for an offsite transaction for something
>Yahoo Mail
Old ass email account, get some important emails on it from time to time.

Autistic*

ffs
So wait, I shouldn't do anything about it? I have zero memory left dude, not even enough to update apps

>Yahoo Mail
If you just want to receive e-mails, you don't need their official e-mail client. You can use literally any e-mail client.

There's some trick if you hire a movie from iTunes and you don't have enough space is 'makes' some for you by clearing cache I believe? Idk google that fucboi

You're right I just deleted it
I tried it and nothing really happened. Each time I rent and it takes me to settings it goes from 74MB (how much space I have now after deleting Yahoo) to 83, then when I do it again it goes right back to 74-75

>iPhone
Kill yourself

It is some sort of cache. When you need space(for any purpose) ios will create it by pruning the cache in instant.

>So wait, I shouldn't do anything about it?
You could jailbreak and run icleaner (i think that's the name) then install the tweak that blocks system updates.

Rule of thumb - never update apple products. My old 3GS was bloated with files intended for facetime and all the other 4+ exclusive features. Either Apple was actively making my phone bloated or they were incompetent at making a good update.

Another thing to note, loads of apps support old Android versions, yet their iOS versions require newly released iOS versions. Take Whatsapp for example:
>requires Android 2.1, released in 2010
>requires iOS 7, released in 2014

TL;DR It's planned obsolence

Apps on ios can take the advantage of more able and improved apis because of the apples stance in updating. It isnt a shitshow like androids. If you were to develop an app for android 7 not even half of the current flagships would be able to use it. I wont even google the facts to compare this to ios.

Bump

Or jailbreak + iCleaner Pro

>referring to storage as memory

>iShit
Found your problem.

Why does iPhone take up so much storage for their applications? I don't get it.

Sure, Android isn't great either, but it's not bad. Even the native applications take too much storage.

340 MB for photos? Why?

>340 MB for photos? Why?

because photos and videos take up space?

My Samsung S7 doesn't have this problem.

This.

>you literally have to hack your iPhone for basic functionality of even $20 Android phones
that's pretty sad desu

I assume he means the application itself without any imported photos/videos.

Look at that gmail app, 46 MB. K9 mail with probably more features is 4.3 MB. It's a bit ridiculous especially when low-end phones (of which there are vast amounts) still have very restricted storage levels.

My Nexus 5X doesn't have this problem

So you bought the 16 version of a elite provider? There's your mistake...