Ask a hacker anything

A rare opportunity to ask your questions Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

pythonizame.s3.amazonaws.com/media/Book/black-hat-python/file/af0ef90e-83cf-11e5-964d-04015fb6ba01.pdf
hackerspaces.org/
gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#Hacker
subgraph.com/sgos/secure-communication/index.en.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is your weight
What do you eat
Do you lift
Who is your favorite anime character
Do you preffer cute over sexy?
let me ask haxor-k1d-kun_XxXx answer

>A rare opportunity to ask your questions Sup Forums.
Do you really think one needs a good Weller soldering iron or is cheap shit more than enough for entry level hacking?

there are no hackers left, only hats who work for the highest bidder

Install gentoo

What do you do that makes you consider yourself a hacker?

What's my password?

I'd go for a Hakko personally. The hot air stations are second to none

What is a hot air station good for except soldering SMD? Serious question.

hunter2

a hacker is just a faggot without a job who uses other peoples proprietary crap follows a tutorial and feels morally superior by using technology designed by the jews

I don't know, I don't really do much smd soldering

OP here.

>What is your weight
Between 70 and 75kg
>What do you eat
Humanoid food
>Do you lift
Yes,5x5 regime. I am fond of my deadlifts.
>Who is your favorite anime character
Johan Liebert
>Do you prefer cute over sexy?
I prefer a woman that is both cute and sexy.

I don't care about consumerist problems. Sup Forums is over-saturated with them as it is.

I work for the highest bidder too user, gotta have something to eat tonight.

It is hard to explain. But once you become a hacker, you will know.

I don't know, but the likelihood is high that I have your hash or creds stashed somewhere in my private repo.

Have you ever heard of the story of the fox and the grapes?

What's a hash?

prove you're a hacker, if you're one of those attention seeking twitter hackers tweet the thread ID and link your twitter, if not post your IRC name

do you use kali linux?

>>What is your weight
>Between 70 and 75kg
>>What do you eat
>Humanoid food
>>Do you lift
>Yes,5x5 regime. I am fond of my deadlifts.

Something's wrong here. That or you're a massive manlet.

gay

You again? Go fuck yourself you role playing faggot.

This guy doesn't answer shit. All the answers are 'once you know you know' or 'only a small percentage of people have the right mindset to be a hacker'. He pretends like he knows what he's talking about and acts like he has some promethean knowledge to pass on to the person with 'the right mindset'.

Don't feed this faggot's ego.

We have surpassed IRC mate, and no, I do not use twitter for whatever reason. You are mixing up skid drama with actual hacker activity.
No, I just use the tools I need. Why would I need kali?
I think I'm a fairly average guy, physically speaking.

Ask lazy questions, get lazy answers. By the way, I think I remember you.

You are that special person that insisted on pushing the envelope whilst discrediting everyone else in the thread. Truly, the more ignorant you are about a subject, the stronger your convictions. Insufferable little twat.

i figured u'd use kali cause you seem like a fgt

>Do you use kali linux?
>No
>i figured u'd use kali cause you seem like a fgt

I was also shocked.

I wish I could say the same, but Sup Forums has been a disappointment for a long time, when one of those career threads pop up on Sup Forums it shows how everyone here is either a neet or a babby-tier support drone.

Dear hacker

How would I go about hacking server sided Android mobile games to get myself some free in app purchases?

Reverse engineer the apk, it contains enough leads and manipulatable data that can easily give you an edge in the game.

What's the best way to do this?

It is not my area of expertise, but I recommend dex2jar to get shit done.

i work on machine learning algorithms in a bioinformatic research field.

dont judge me nigga

How would you describe the hacking process? Where do you start looking?

Do you have any particular data visualization tools or systems you like? As fundamental as a hyperbolic tree or as specific as a means of finding textures in memory.

not OP but here u go fgt

>pythonizame.s3.amazonaws.com/media/Book/black-hat-python/file/af0ef90e-83cf-11e5-964d-04015fb6ba01.pdf

No please user that's a terrible book.
Why do you even think I'd want that?
I was asking for his attack strategy not a beginners guide to doing absolutely nothing worthwhile.

>By the way I think I remember you.

I'm not the user you're thinking of, I just lurked the thread. I used the word 'promethean' because the user you're thinking of used it and I liked it so I decided to use it myself.

His attack strategy is having the correct mindset, which only 0.1% of people possess and then using it against people of inferior intellect.

OP is a role player and you're all wasting your time.

So you answered a few questions already sort off, but what do you consider yourself:
more like a network hacker, website tech hacker, application hacker, kernel hacker, hardware hacker?
maybe a combo, like CNLohr or Andrew "Bunnie" Huang?

I also would like to know if you ever visit Hackerspaces or cons (u dont have to answer wich ones, cause locations ;) )
would you recommend visiting either of those to meet like minded? or is that total bullcrap and should I stay lonely?

>python

top fucking kek

wuts wron wit python

Try to ifconfig the shit out of my phone. I DARE U

ur cute

OP again.

Familiarize yourself with the hacking killchain, it is not always like this, but if you are into generic hacking, it is the way to go.

Specialized forms of hacking are quite a bit different though, but that is beyond the scope of your question I presume.

Attack strategy depends on your target and the exposed attack vectors you can approach. I personally am very fond of spearphishing techniques, if they are physically accessible then I will consider other ways of exploitation, maybe even leave a little black box on my way out if the bounty is good enough.

salty.tiff

A competent hacker is either proficient in all these areas(except hardware/kernel) or able to master the skill in a short amount of time(after a while, all languages appear the same, it is just the syntax that is different). I personally can't tell the difference anymore, I feel comfy in everything with the exception of a couple of areas.

>I also would like to know if you ever visit Hackerspaces or cons (u dont have to answer wich ones, cause locations ;) )
would you recommend visiting either of those to meet like minded?
I do not recommend defcon or blackhat. I suggest you visit smaller ones and less mainstream AFTER knowing what hacking is about. This year @ defcon sucked ass due to the sheer amount of plebs on the scene and corporate shills. Of all the cons, I would recommend Bsides, skytalks, botconf and internationally minded CCC events. The pinnacle of cons require NDA's and are loaded with russians, but they are very exclusive and semi-secret.

Ok well now we know you're just role playing.
And how can you not even have a favorite visualization?

>Tl;dr I watch movies

>And how can you not even have a favorite visualization?
I'm not sure what you are raving on about or how visualization is somehow relevant to what I stated, but a black box with characters is all the visualization I need.

?

nothing personnel... kid

Well im not sure bout you doing roleplay or not but we probably never meet due differnt intrests. Altho some meetups you mention are on my list to visit.

>would you recommend visiting either of those to meet like minded?
How do you aquire knowledge? you read books and watch videos or do Cons and people show stuff aswell somehow to you?

I can hardly imagine getting to know the right tools or how to write stuff without "digital" "friends". Over Irc (wich isnt dead in my opinion), mailinglists (especialy the private ones) or just some website/forum (could be dankweb XD dark)

But how? can you share some of that? i found videos, books, school(uni like) and friends over at some rnadom hackerspace awesome learning places, but how does a "real" or more "realistic" hacker ackuire knowledge besides the "reverseengineering" the shit out of stuff (cause thats required aswell ofcourse)

so far you've not said anything the average skid wouldn't know and you've not proved you're a hacker

What's your fuzzer of choice?

anyone wondering, go here to find a local hackerspace (im not OP)
hackerspaces.org/

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#Hacker

So what do u use to communicate?
Genuinely curious desu.

>gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#Hacker
smells like Stallman... but some I agree on :P

>ask a skiddy anything

Do you use Arch or some real distro? Also wich de/wm do you use?

I prefer my own implementation, using the required python libraries/scapy based on circumstance.

If it only was as easy as flashing tits, huh user?

How do you aquire knowledge?
You are not going to find the answer in some book or tutorial although it will help you build a basic skillset, it is about going out there and toy around. Just don't get vanned in the process of doing so.

> you read books and watch videos or do Cons and people show stuff aswell somehow to you?
I don't really read books or watch videos anymore. I occasionally read write-ups but that is about it. Cons are just a minor part in my life, and I go there for entertainment value.

>. Over Irc (wich isnt dead in my opinion)
Having an opinion is going to hold you back. And yes, it really *is* dead underground because we have moved on to XMPP now. IRC is not relevant anymore given its OPsec disadvantages+maintenance.
>I can hardly imagine getting to know the right tools or how to write stuff without "digital" "friends"
You don't have to get to know anything. You use exactly that which you need to use, nothing more, nothing less. And if you know exactly what you wish to extract, it is often easier to just write the tool yourself. Takes less time than googling around.

Hacking isn't about finding/searching shiny new tools, that is more skid area where you enter a shopping mall and buy things with a pretty CSS that tingles your vagina.
>cont

>But how? can you share some of that? i found videos, books, school(uni like) and friends over at some rnadom hackerspace awesome learning places, but how does a "real" or more "realistic" hacker ackuire knowledge besides the "reverseengineering" the shit out of stuff (cause thats required aswell ofcourse)

It is a crucial mistake to think that a proper hacker is looking to acquire knowledge like a beginner. Maybe I am biased but when you reach the endgame everything is clear to you as to how it works, you don't run around socializing or search for awesome learning places. In the actual hacking world, we scramble to search for raw data feeds or valuable information.

So there you have it, realistically, we learn by trial and error. Often times what you look for won't be covered anywhere.

I run my own XMPP implementation on a hardened box using a TLS implementation that I am willing to bet my life upon.

This is more personal preference. But I'm fond of debian-based systems.

I'm still an "original" hacker.

I am a reverse engineer, plus hack on GuixSD, lambdanative and other projects for free. I make my money via something completely unrelated and rest of my time is spent contributing to a free software project. By completely unrelated I own a cafe and manage it. I get job offers all the time from recruiters on stackexchange whenever I've written about reverse engineering and never reply.

It is possible to be a hacker and not work for some shady outfit

>own XMPP implementation

That's a mistake, just use CoyIM and SubgraphOS in general
subgraph.com/sgos/secure-communication/index.en.html

How do you avoid getting vanned? Also are you interested or at all involved with crypto-currency?

Toasting in larp bread

>when you reach the endgame everything is clear to you as to how it works, you don't run around socializing or search for awesome learning places. In the actual hacking world, we scramble to search for raw data feeds or valuable information.

in other words, HACK THE PLANET
:^)

Very convincing argument. Let's just drop this tried and true secure method of communication developed by a massive team and switch to this hip startup made of 4 plebs instead that is scrambling for investors.

How do you avoid getting vanned?
The lads that do get vanned are either going full PIMP mode buying stuff they can't afford. Or they develop an ego that surpasses their OPsec.

>Also are you interested or at all involved with crypto-currency?
What do you think? :^)

How do I conquer my attention deficiency?

>5x5
Mah nigga. What's your deadlift at? Hit 625 3rep a couple days ago

I can pump out 160kg in 1 rep. That is my limit. I feel more comfy pushing out 120's or 130's in a good day.

Do you deal in Monero yet?

Yes. Monero is the future. Bitcoin works well when you take big-data feeds out of the picture. But that is not reality. Bitcoin is a pseudonymous panopticon whereas Monero is not.

My man. Are people happy to pay in Monero? Is it very widespread in your circles?

It is currently not that known, but I think with the wide acceptance of btc, people will eventually move on to Monero.

First we need to push btc as the gateway-currency some more. From one thing to another.

So yeah, it is well known in my circles, but we gotta wait for the mainstream adoption in bitcoin communities.

do you socially engineer

I know this isn't the best thread to ask, but what would you recommend to do to someone fairly young that "has computer skills" (or at least basic knowledge of the basic areas) that's completely lost on what to do in life?
It's fine if you don't reply, I understand that this might be retarded question coming from a random human on the planet but you seem interesting. What degree do you have or what studies have you done? What are/were your hobbies?

>basic areas
Sorry I meant about different/many areas of computers such as software/hardware, networks and what else

Should I get the iPhone 7 or wait for the 8?

what's ur fav x86_64 control register

Yeah

The most important thing I can tell you is to be patient. In time, you will eventually find the path that you wish to take. Just remember that you shouldn't try to be something you are not. The IT-world is vast and you can do all sorts of things.

EAX I think.

How'd you learn how to hack. What was your first steps?
Newfag desu

who is your waifu?

Why does Kali have a bad rep? It has been a convenient tool for me in many situations.

Lots of people use it, but I personally am not a fan of gnome 3. It is such a laggy ass clusterfuck...