How does it feel knowing that OS X is objectively slower than Windows?

How does it feel knowing that OS X is objectively slower than Windows?

People don't buy Macs for their speed.
Apple is focused pretty much exclusively on laptops now.

Ah yes, forgot that Macs are bought primarily as fashion accessories.

I'd rather have a useful fashion accessory than something that useless *and* looks unappealing

Fashion, ease of deployment, culture, etc

Its not about performance. If people want performance, they'd go Linux.

Windows is a compromise in between, yet the Applefags dont want that either.

> OSX 10.6

are you retarded or

Windows 8.1 performs much better than win 7

macfags on suicide watch

mac laptop hardware is better than just about any windows based laptop counterpart. their operating system is much cleaner too, especially for a laptop use.

>mac laptop hardware is better than just about any windows based laptop counterpart
topkek

>Windows 8.1 performs much better than win 7
No, it performs exactly the same, at least on tests like in OP.

it'll perform better due to optimization. That's why i can comfortably watch 4K video on a 1.1GHz dual core.

This

don't forget the quality of the keyboard, the design of the power outlet, the overall durabiity of the laptop etc.

it's a well made laptop. every other laptop has felt cheap in comparison. I've used windows based machines for at least 12 more years than macs and I'd never go back. still have a windows desktop of course, but that's for gaming, nothing else

>Its not about performance. If people want performance, they'd go Linux.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You know video playback is usually GPU accelerated, right?

not even discrete GPU accelerated but Intel's integrated GPU. One of the reasons the new MacBook can encode 4K video better than a MacBook Pro from 4 years ago despite the fact that the Core M CPU is actually significantly weaker

Yes Rajesh, I too enjoy warming my hands on my Mac's 60°C keyboard, since I no longer can afford heating, because there Macs are just TOO durable, I only need to have them replaced every 2 weeks now!
And you can watch videos on 1.1GHz dual core? Apple is so innovative! Only Apple could make a CPU output video. (integrated GPU ≠ CPU)

it's the bottom that warms up, the keyboard is fine. Someone's brain has been damaged by too much fan noise.

yep, doesn't mean I'm not still slightly impressed by it though.

>yep, doesn't mean I'm not still slightly impressed by it though.

No, it means you're ignorant. Bragging about playing 4k video, when even modern cellphones can do it.

I meant in the way that when I bought it I wasn't expecting it to be able to do that, I was expecting it to be sluggish and whatnot but it works fine.
> bragging
literally when. If I was bragging about anything it was the optimisation, hi-res video playback was an ill-chosen example

>Linux doesn't have best performance
Are you literally retarded?

It's k. It's usability that matters.
For most tasks, the machine time doesn't matter because the computer will finish in milliseconds anyway.
What matters is how long the human being in front of the computer needs to configure and start the process.
OS X and its programs are really good in that regard.

But yeah, technologically, OS X is really flawed.

how does it feel knowing people are willing to pay money to get away from windows even though it's "faster"?

But Linux is free?

dependable fashion accessories with the highest resale value of any pc.

lol hhahaha

fuck this thread is ignorant bait

get some income you salty bastard children

pc laptops all have at least one major flaw

there's no oem laptop that just gets it all right with a good battery/screen/keyboard with some major caveat

not only better but cheaper too dollar for dollar

a rMBP 2015 is like $1300 the same screen on a lenovo is $1500 at least

>overheating mobile dual cores
No

>what is hardware acceleration