I made a nice little app and people liked it

I made a nice little app and people liked it.
I published the source under a copyleft license and then guess what, I find it online stripped of all the links back to me and no credit.
I don't like open source anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

kernel.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

send in detectives, send in police, send in everything in your POWER
or just send them a message and ask that they comply with the license, if they don't send the host (probably github) a DMCA and have it taken down

that's like saying you quit your job because somebody robbed you of your cash once

PEOPLE ARE RETARDED EARTH IS FUCKED LIFE WAS A MISTAKE

The free-market will fix it.

It's nothing like that.

sharing is caring op.

what app?

humans are so fucking weak

Yes, it pretty much is like that.

>i-it's n-nothing l-like t-that
You picked the GPL so that you can enforce it when people break it's terms, otherwise you would have used a strongly worded recommendation instead of a copyright license. Now is your chance to use it.

But user, I made this comic.

Money is not intellectual property. Currency is not my property but instead the property of the government of the nation which commissions printing of the currency.

You're really grasping at straws here, all for the sake of giving up your code. Either keep it up, or use that effort to bring them into compliance. No one else can do it for you.

Should've published under BSD, you communist fuck

If it was GPL, sue those shits.

This is why freedom requires enforcement and why Stallman's licenses are so seemingly restrictive.

Hahaha this made my morning thanks pham

>Currency is not my property
Is that what you say to justify the fact that you quit your job?

It's not mine.
That analogy is just wrong.

If someone stole your money you can make more by going back to your job.
In this case it's more like somebody stole your job.

>If someone stole your money you can make more by going back to your job.
Yes, and somebody stealing one tiny piece of free software does not somehow make the rest stop existing or being beneficial.

I still can't believe Shitrus is getting anime when they could animate AnoKiss or YagaKimi instead. Yuri Hime a shit. A SHIT.

OP write an email to the FSF. They will sue them for you. Link to the infringer and I will help you write the email.

Captcha very related.

I made everything on that page except the logo. He put that by himself.
kernel.org/

Too bad cuckold, you released it as absolute free software so now you can't do shit cause you gave everyone permission to so whatever the fuck they want.

Maybe next time don't fall for the GPL meme if you're not working on community/group projects

>I made everything on that page except the logo
>kernel.org/

what

that is why you only build websites and any useful code is hosted on your server only

you also ban every suspicious IP, CIDR or ASN from your site

Proprietary software doesn't have this problem.

t. edgelord

Wait you can ban CIDR? I did not even know that information was shared.

BURN THEM, BURN THEM ALL! And send us pic's afterwards.

Whining about it online won't help you. Whining about it online is for people on Twitter who just learned about a huge social problem using a hashtag. It's okay for them to whine because they can't do anything else. You, on the other hand, can do better than whine. You don't appear to want to, so it's your own fault your code is now basically PD. If you want that to change, make it change.

This.

That's what open source is. But some people like that, even if they don't get credit the owner still feels proud

Um, software licenses are not a preventative measure, they don't stop people from deleting the license and stealing your shit. They're for people who can prove that it is their software being stolen, whether that be through stylometry or what ever. They have binding power in as much as people will come after you if you break the license.
You could probably snipe it down easily if you show that it's yours and that it is licensed.

>cuck license

I made it

Same shit is happening with failfox, VLC, emulators on android store.

Shit gets botnetted with ads and put up as some excellent new browser/player. People are actually dumb enough to pay because the official implementations have a few default setting wrong.

That's what you get for using copyleft OP. If you'd published under the GPL you could be suing their asses right now

What did you make it copyleft for then you retard?