Windows 10 update broke DHCP, knocked users off the Internet

>Microsoft has quietly fixed a software update it released last week, which effectively prevented Windows 10 users from connecting to the Internet or joining a local network.

>It's unclear exactly which automatic update caused the problem or exactly when it was released—current (unconfirmed) signs point to KB3201845 released on December 9—but whatever it was appeared to break DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), preventing Windows 10 from automatically acquiring an IP address from the network.

arstechnica.com/business/2016/12/microsoft-windows-10-dhcp-broken-update/?comments=1

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/problems-connecting-to-the-internet/f121306e-fab5-411d-833f-e4490ecb8b5c

To the questionable hundred of people that use Windows on Sup Forums, BTFO

>To the questionable hundred of people that use Windows on Sup Forums, BTFO

What if I still use 7? Am I only half BTFO?

I don't know... This really makes me think...

Happened to me last week, though reinstalling intel network drivers took care of it.

Every day windows 10 gives me some form of reminder that its the most broken os on the planet but its required to run many of the proframs I need.

Like a few months ago
>windows update failed
>automatically retries
>whole pc becomes super slow
>cant disable updates
>windows update failed
>automatically trying again and again
>windows troubleshooter has a program just for fixing the shitty updater
>troubleshooter ~> "database error fixed"
>windows update cancelled
>everything runs smoothly
>restart pc
>retarded updater makes another attempt and slows the pc again
>format hard drive and reinstall

didn't have this issue, was it particular to a certain network card?

You're seven tenths BTFO

>DHCP
I don't use it

Is there really no way of disabling updates forever? Will they automatically turn on again after a while?

Install Shut Up Windows 10
Use all recommend settings.

just wait until they kill the small updates and pack everything in multi-GB behemoth updates.

good thing you can opt out of updates in Windows 10 to avoid things like this in the future

Thanks but no need to be rude

Who the fuck cares about that neckbeard shit, it sounds like the kind of crap only loonix lusers care

So that's why my laptop suddenly won't get internet on my wifi.

This is why I'm saying on Win8.1 forever.

Always some bullshit on the news about Win10 fucking shit up royally.

>having Windows handle anything DHCP related

>To the questionable hundred of people that use Windows on Sup Forums, BTFO
You must be new here. Sup Forums is where Sup Forums comes to shop mostly these days

We're talking about dhcp clients. How do you propose avoiding all workstations from using dhcp? Static IP on everything? Fuck off.

Been no issues here.

Is this a compiz plugin?

>utorrent and windows 10
This is bait, right?

>seeded more than all qBittorrent users combined
It's good bait.

>but its required to run many of the proframs I need.

I'm curious, like what?

>good thing you can opt out of updates in Windows 10 to avoid things like this in the future
you can you tard, its called running WSUS/SCCM

Ive been using Windows 10 for the first time this week

Holy shit, there is zero control. Processes randomly just kick off without warning and start updating shit.

I've even stopped as much telemetry stuff as possible but it's just awful and I dont trust them one bit.

The instant my new SSD arrives I'm wiping this install and dual booting debian and windows 10 solely for games.

Windows 10 confirmed for as stable as arch

Wasn't the entire fucking point of forcing users to all be on the same version of Windows to avoid this type of thing?

Microsoft office and visual studio for work, gamemaker for hobby, and a few steam games to play with buds on weekend

All golden on win 7. So why exactly do you need windows 10?

DX12 obviously, you Gaylord fucking retarded manchild faggot

>stable
Except for the forced updates that break your system and the forced reboots that interrupt whatever you are doing.

>Cortana
>Edge
>Store
>Steam
Jesus Christmas

He's a gaymar what do you expect?

They will soon release an update that will fi... oh wait

My dad was panicking when he "lost the internet". Took all of 2 minutes to fix, though.