Ok Sup Forums I need new headphones. My previous ones were pic related, but I know close to nothing about sound devices...

Ok Sup Forums I need new headphones. My previous ones were pic related, but I know close to nothing about sound devices, so tell me what can I get which is an upgrade to the g230's, but not highly expensive? Prefereably with a mic.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B000AJIF4E/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2RGT04EIK8OL0&coliid=I13WGAM41G8AX4&psc=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You have general headphones faggot

This thread is for helpful people only. Go back to Sup Forums you inbred fuck.

What you want is an headset. And what you should buy are called Kingston HyperX Cloud.

Buy a pair of decent headphones like sennheiser or Sony then buy a standalone clip on mic and velcro it on.

I don't know, OP. What's your budget and where do you live?

If you want good quality stay away from "gaming" audio products. Gaming headsets use cheap components because their target market doesn't know any better.

Best combo is a pair of proper headphones and a seperate mic. You can get a mounted mic and a boom arm, or get a modmic, which is like a headset mic that you can stick onto headphones but much better quality.

I had these and they snapped.

AD700x and a separate mic.

HyperX Cloud Stinger

i had a pair of those, trash, the wireless would go off all the time and the batteries were a joke.

Mod mic is $50-60 for the version with a mute switch. Are there cheaper alternatives that are also good?

Get some senheiser headphones and a clip on mic

V-moda boompro but you cans need a removable 3.5mm

amazon.com/dp/B000AJIF4E/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2RGT04EIK8OL0&coliid=I13WGAM41G8AX4&psc=1

The mic on headsets always seem to break for me. I just bought a USB mic and I have monoprice headphones

Are they really that expensive? You're probably better off just getting a dedicated mic in that case, and you'll get better audio quality too, as well as getting a solid product that's a lot less fragile.

If you get a USB mic you'll eliminate all static noise caused by your computer which is another bonus.

You might want to go with a particularly nice pair of headphones and something like a modmic. That way you could remove the microphone and use the headphones for music or whatever.

senn 598 SE with a zalman z1 clip mic

HyperX cloud. Generally, gaming audio is pretty damn shitty but people buy it because of marketing and design. But the cloud has pretty damn good hardware, IIRC the audio was either made by or with sennheiser, or was reverrse-engineered sennheiser.

Alternatively you could buy studio headphones and a detachable mic. I use SHP9500s with a V-moda Boompro. The audio quality is breddy gud.

The HyperX Clouds are rebranded Qpad QH-90s which in turn have Beyerdynamic internals, not Sennheiser's.

I have a pair and they're absolutely amazing when plugged in to a dac/amp/direct-powered mobo dac that actually provides them proper power to run.