Are windows phones worth buying right now?

Are windows phones worth buying right now?

No.
t. user with a 640

>Windows phone
Are you mentaly disabled?

Checked

Pretty much this. They're fucked. The 650 with Windows 10 is even worse. My work's 640 lasts 2 weeks on standby tho which is decent.

Yes.
Best phones for a

They were decent on w8, but w10 is just abandonware

hehehehahahAHAHAH

>worth buying

Depends. Do you want a really really really good camera on your phone for cheap? Buy it, but that's all its good for.

LG G4 as a good camera and doesn't have windoze.

>doesn't have windoze
No idea what that is, but I do know it's got bootloops.

wait till next year surface phone is comming or if you need one asap get a used or refurbished 950, I didn't regret buying it. On site note the Sup Forums apps on Windows Phone are awesome

It doesn't if you buy now.

Yeah, no. I'm not trusting LG any time soon.
Fuck off.

they are comfier than Andriod and iOS

>lg g4 is really cheap
>$300+

Windows Phones are still cheaper, like I said, if you're buying for camera alone, it would be worth it.

If you're not interested in having access to every app then maybe. I used a Lumia 730 for over a year with no issues on WP8. I have a Nexus 5X now and the fucking thing needs charging every night and there are endless app/software updates which puts my Windowss PC to shame, I miss getting at least a couple of days out my Windows Phone

Can also confirm. Sold my 950 for a Nexus 6p at the beginning of the year and haven't looked back. Still have a 640 that I pulled out last week to see how WM10 was doing, and sadly it was shit. None of my apps will update after doing a factory reset.

Too bad, if MS got their shit together I'd consider switching back

>updating to an OS that almost completly rewritten
>exspects to have no bugs or issues at all
it's like not doing a clean install of Windows on pc
just make a hard reset and see how it improved. Also I wouldn't wonder if your apps are non existent. If they did not got updated with an age rating they were deleted from the Store. That was neccessary to clean the Store from scam and outdated apps

>suggesting hard reset
factory reset = hard reset. you'd have to be retarded not to do a factory reset after updating to a new build.
I never said I didn't expect the OS to have issues. It's understandable when you're in the fast ring.
You know how when you do a hard reset pretty much every system app has an update from the store? Not one will update or download. So unless Microsoft pulled every single app from the store, that's not the problem. Rolling back to see if it's just this latest build would require breaking out the WDRT, and I don't care enough to bother

>pretty much every system app has an update from the store
depends if you were updating from WP8 to 10 than yes, if you were updating from lets say 10561 to a new build than also yes.
I charged my spare phones today and notticed that my 735 was still not at least on Anniversary build, I couldn't update it nor it's apps. Had to roll back to WP8, than WM10, than directly after update that to anniversary build. Now I have 4 phones back in fast ring

No

As someone who currently owns a lumia 830, I'd recommend against it if you plan to use it for more than websurfing, whatsapp and email. So many apps simply don't exist for windows phone.

Is the 640 any good?

HELLLLLL NO
TRUST ME I HAD ONE FOR A WHILE

I like them but it depends on you, if you are a manchildren this system is not for you. However, if you use a smartphone like a real human bean I would say this is the best OS.

Things that I really like about this system:
>Onenote and general W10 integration and synchronization
>smooth scrolling unlike lagdroid
>email client is amazing
>the keyboard is GOAT
>equalizer works across all apps
>Basicallly every 3rd part app for Youtube is better than everything that exists for Android
>tile interface makes it to much better and more pleasing to gather information instead of opening apps individually
>UWP are promising, especially with the rumored x86 emulation/W10 for ARM.

Things I don't really like about this system:
>Customization sucks. You are basically left with Black background, white or green tiles because every other color sucks. White background is broken imo.
>Lack of optimization on simple stuff like the action center that lags, the return to homescreen animation that also lags a bit... contrasting with the rest of the system.
>Groove is a lot slower compared to Black Player.
>muh apps, sometimes it kinda sucks but it's just a phone desu famalan

>smooth scrolling unlike lagdroid
My k6000 pro with a low end mediatak SoC doesn't even lag, was your last Android device from 2011?

>keyboard is goat
The fuck does "goat" even mean?
If you mean good, then lots of Android keyboards are "more gooder"

>equaliser works across all apps
Like viper4android then? Ok.

>third party YouTube apps are better than the YouTube app made by google for a Google platform
Lol

>customisation sucks
Why would this matter as long as all your applications are easy to get to and your device easy to use?

>lack of optimisation
Yeah, I could tell. The lumia 650 I tested in the Optus shop was a laggy piece of shit.

Lies like you're trying too hard. Or could it be buyers remorse?

I have an 512 MB RAM 635 and it works way way better than a same budget android phone.

I've issued 950's and 950xl's. Continuum makes life easy.

Universal Windows apps are also helpful.

>k6000
Yeah, I have a Cubox 15 with identical specs and the scrolling is far from smooth. Deal with it. It's Android. Same shit on my Galaxy A5.

>If you mean good, then lots of Android keyboards are "more gooder"

Fake. And name one with a trackpoint,

>Like viper4android then?
enjoy your battery drain. and that's an app.

>third party YouTube apps are better than the YouTube app made by google for a Google platform
Retard.

which are awesome? I use 4charm and it is meh.

As a dumb device used for only pandora and reading shit online, yes. As a modern smartphone. No.

No, get any chinkdroid device above 200$ and you'll get an overall better experience, more apps and freedom.

Depends. I bought a used l930, and pu w10 on it. It is decent. I'd not buy a new phone now though.

Stuff it is better than Android:
> I can send a contact without sending a screenshot (surely there is a way on android, I have not found it)
> can customize notifications on a per-app basis
> tiles
> other crap i like, but cannot recall now.

Cons:
> few apps
> no webm playback
> other crap i hate and cannot recall now

Install gentoo faggot

Imageboard browser's pretty nice, except it can't play sound on Webm's but you can save them (sent from there)

>no webm playback

It has webm playback through many media players

former windows user here. after switching to android i'm more than satisfied, but i still miss some aspects of windows phone. i really wish it were a viable competitor. the appstore alone is just too much for me to overlook.

metrotube and mytube were godly. wp 3rd party devs are surprisingly capable at times. they also have superior reddit apps (readit, baconit).

If you don't care about social networks, yes

Is Clover available on windows phones?

has it been updated recently? my old htc 8xt is stuck with wp8.1, so it loses out on a lot of app updates

nope. iirc most of the Sup Forums apps have been abandoned on wp. imageboard browser was the only one left with posting capabilites and it looks disgusting

Don't know, I use it on 8.1, it's fully usable. It got an update yesterday without a changelog, didn't notice any changes yet

Nope.
I've been using a 630 for 2 years then got an iphone 5s for free and even the MS apps are better on ios than on WP. The only thing i liked better on the lumia was the T9 prediction.

I forgot that i liked the WP tiles better because i could see a lot of info at one glance.

It depends, unfortunately.
A lot of convenience apps that you use for things like buying train tickets, keeping track of your airplane tickets, etc. doesn't exist for Windows Phone.

So if your job involves a lot of travel, that's a hassle.

If you're a neet and want to play games on your phone all day, is that way.

But if you don't travel a lot, then the Outlook and MS Office apps are god-tier on the MS-phone (no surprise there), so I could definitively see the point of WP in that case. And you can't send dick pics via SnapChat, so it's a great phone for CEO's and similar who cannot be caught doing so. *cough*Anthony Wiener*cough*

They're also cheap, so if your job isn't buying your phones for you, I can see the value proposition rising. (But why the fuck aren't they user?)

Fuck.
No.
And I used to be one of those fags that swore by it here.
But this fucking W10M garbage is an unfinished, unpolished, unintuitive, cactus up your ass frustration of an experience now and I highly recommend you stay the fuck away from it until Microsoft sorts its shit out.
Otherwise, even on a high end phone, be prepared for:
Daily restarts, sometimes up to 6 times a day. Either intentional because something like cellular data decided to stop working, or unintentional because an app crashed and took the OS with it. Mind you, this happens with third and FIRST PARTY apps like the camera for fuck's sake.

Otherwise yeah its a great phone, continuum fucking goat

>wants ads and spyware in your OS

F10 and Sage Reader and imageboard Sup Forumsrowser or it's paid version Sup Forums Sup Forumsrowser.
f10 is the most active developed one

try F10 it's still in active development

Not that guy but I do think metrotube is way better than youtube for android. Back when I had a lumia 820 it had no ads, could play straight audio so you could lock the screen and I think you could also download the vids but I can't remember.

What I hate about Metrotube is how much fucking battery it uses. 20% down in 30 mins on my lumia.

try out TubeCast or MyTube/ Myube beta

Oh right mytube. I meant that one. Still my point stands. That is the only thing about windows phone.