20 Years of KDE

>Where have you been Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.broulik.de/2016/10/global-menus-returning/
bugs.kde.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like KDE5 because it's tear-free, fast, fully-featured, and has a good default theme. But I also like it because it's still technically unfinished, so every single update brings me a new feature and a ton of bug fixes. It's like getting a little present from the software devs once a month. :3

>it's still technically unfinished,
What did he mean by this?

I have been not liking trasparent stuff

I've never really used KDE, always prefered Gnome 2.x. Now I use Windows.

Cute reply senpai :3
I miss KDE

in my dad's nutsack

using xfce like a sane person

The KDE developers are trying to add features.

It's not like GNOME, where the developers are trying to remove features.

There are still a lot of minor features and widgets from KDE4 that haven't been ported over yet. There are a bunch of effects (such as Present Windows) that are basically leftover from 2008 and are sorely in need of a makeover. There's also a bunch of bugs and issues, such as slow scroll speed in some windows, that still haven't been ironed out.

>I really appreciate Unity's combined menu bar
Here's a great example, because Plasma 5.10 is probably going to have a global menu.
blog.broulik.de/2016/10/global-menus-returning/

If you're a KDE user, don't forget you can file bug reports and feature suggestions over at their bugzilla.
bugs.kde.org/

They're not going to bring back tabbed windows.
RIP

Feature creep

goback2gnome

Shit son, if they implement global menu (and it's not shit) then I'll use KDE everywhere like God intended.

>creep?

I'd be using it on my laptop right now if they fixed:
>shitty touchscreen compatibility
>shitty Present Windows effect that can't compete with GNOME3
It's actually insane how GNOME3 actually has global menu stuff for its official apps, but they're so autistic that they refuse to implement a MacOS/Ubuntu style global menu for all apps.

>laptop
>touchscreen

touchscreens are actually useful on laptops due to how slow laptop pointing devices are.

I'd rather play with a clit than prod the screen like a window licker

Why can't all software have a qt mascot

On TDE