Post your component list, rate other anons', ask questions in general

Post your component list, rate other anons', ask questions in general.

Always state the purpose of your PC, your budget, AND YOUR COUNTRY if outside the USA.
If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to lower price or to improve specs or build quality.

>Assemble your parts list with price comparisons by vendor and compatibility filter.
pcpartpicker.com

>Gaming builds based on purpose or display resolution / Hz
>To activate the Description, select build from sidebar then click on the title over the parts list
>Description contains notes, other options, and build skeleton for easy customization / cost savings
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/

>Have a budget, but don't know where to start? This will recommend you a parts list based on price.
>Consider substituting an i5 6500 for an i3 in any RX470/480 or GTX 1060 tier build
>Consider stock fan+heatsink for any i3 or locked i5 build
>Consider a B150 mobo for any i3 build
>Add a 240GB SSD to the "Great" tier build
logicalincrements.com/

>General build advice including chipset compatibility, power supply advice, Windows activation information.
pastebin.com/9Pbm4nHL (embed)

>Information about how to assemble a PC, how to select components, etc.
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

If you see any other build advice or part list threads, direct them here with Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/t8Ngr7
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/6vJmNN
pcgamer.com/heres-why-ddr4-ram-prices-have-spiked/
amazon.de/dp/B01GVN4LFO
pcpartpicker.com/list/MzZZXH
pcpartpicker.com/list/9gQcgL
pcpartpicker.com/list/BymxxY
pcpartpicker.com/list/B26pQV
youtube.com/watch?v=51hQUYp40nU
lmgtfy.com/?q=good cpu air cooler
pcpartpicker.com/list/kBWzXH
pcpartpicker.com/products/cpu-cooler/#W=0&c=30&F=0&X=2053,9063&sort=d4&page=1
pcpartpicker.com/list/7ZKKsJ
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202186
pcpartpicker.com/list/XbmmNN
pcpartpicker.com/list/7HCpm8
pcpartpicker.com/product/WcphP6/silverstone-case-tj08be
pcpartpicker.com/list/KGKKsJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/CTCZXH
pcpartpicker.com/list/HxsV2R
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Talk me out of upgrading from
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/t8Ngr7
with
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/6vJmNN
Might aswell throw out the non-modular PSU while I'm at it and get some nice cables.
Also might not do all in one go, but wait for later paychecks. I'll probably hold out on the CPU and GPU hoping the release of Zen, Vega and the 1080ti will give me better deals.

is mini itx a meme? I'm building a new pc and hate how heavy and how much space my current PC takes, but it's also already hard enough to build as it is with a full tower. How hard it is to build a mini atx pc? I imagine everything is cramped as fuck, and the case cables to the mobo are a fucking nightmare to plug in.

Help Sup Forums, I'm "upgrading" (really building a new pc and rehashing some of the parts that aren't outdated from my current pc), I got a gtx 1060 and I have an FX 8350, want to switch to intel.

Will an i7 be overkill? What can I get that performs better than the FX 8350 and will go nice with the gtx 1060?

>$325 (approx) cybermonday all-rounder budget box
AMD A10-7860K
Biostar Hi-Fi A70U3P Rev 6.2
2 x 8 GB Mushkin Blackline @ 1.5v PC3-17000
2 x 3 TB HGST SATA III HDD -- (refurbished)
600W Thermaltake Smart Series PSU
Fractal Design Core 1100 Case
>unfortunately despite shipping with newest bios this mobo thermal sensors report -128c or -70c cpu temp
>who has same problem?
>how does this affect smartfan control?
>how do i fix this?
>in the mean time reduced ctdp down to 45w for apu just to extend life and save juice; now whole system idles under 25w and peaks around 100w

>check ram prices
>100$ and up

what the fuck happened? remember when "just get more ram, it's cheap" was a thing? Why did the prices skyrocket?

DDR4

Is it still related to that flood in Thailand or was that just harddrives?

>~$600 dollar first time build
i3-6100
Gigabyte B150M-DS3H Rev. 1
Crucial 2x8 GB DDR4-2133
Sandisk 240GB SSD
Asus 750 Ti (nabbed for 80 bucks)
EVGA G2 550 Watt PSU

What does Sup Forums think?

>Video Game Console Assembly General

pcgamer.com/heres-why-ddr4-ram-prices-have-spiked/

Phones need RAM too.

>not properly naming the thread
Get out you retarded pleb.

>i7-4790K
I hope you're buying this used because 360 fucking euros are not worth it.
>850 Pro
Well, excellent SSD but also expensive. The 850 Evo should be enough 99% of the time.
>Gigabyte 1070 G1
Get this card instead, it's cheaper and better: amazon.de/dp/B01GVN4LFO

>I hope you're buying this used because 360 fucking euros are not worth it.
Yep, not gonna pay more than 250.

Not sure yet about which 1070 I'm gonna get.

>Asus 750 Ti (nabbed for 80 bucks)
Good buy for 80 bucks but you'll probably regret it, depending on what games you play.
Also, just use PCP, it's there for a reason.

H E L P

want a €30 - €50 cpu 1155 quiet fan.
thinking about:
> Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH Edition
> Be quiet! Pure Rock
> Noctua (idk, some below €50)

For case fans I'm thinking of:
> be quiet! Pure Wings 2, 140mm
> Noctua NF-A14 PWM, 140mm

probably going for the 'Be quiet!' meme, also because the the total price of 2 case fans plus cpu fans will be about 50 €.

Is this a good choice?

>want a €30 - €50 cpu 1155 quiet fan
Coolermaster T4 or 212 Evo, you're not gonna find a Noctua worth owning in that pricerange.

fuck phones desu

How can I improve it with the same money or even less?
pcpartpicker.com/list/MzZZXH

Are you aware of the fact that you don't have a dedicated GPU in your build?

Only get a new SSD now. They're a little price inflated because of memory demand, but it's not much in real terms.

The 1070 will likely drop in price with the release of the a Vega GPU and the price of Haswell i7 will fall like crazy once the 4c / 8t Zen is released. Look at the prices again in 6months

Depends on whether you get a modular PSU etc

Definitely wait for 6mo to upgrade your CPU

Looks good. You'll probably want a graphics upgrade after you see what it's like to play games at 60FPS

FUCK, my bad

I don't play gay men, it's fine.

Anything else to improve it?

Looks rock solid if you don't need storage space, don't play games or use applications that require more than 8GB of RAM.

What are you planning to do with it?

Drop to i3 6100 + B150 + stock cooler
Change to miniITX form factor

Unless you know you need the i5

I've got a 212 evo currently, it's whining starting from 40% power.

>wait 4 years, everything will be cheaper/better by then

>case fans
2x Be Quiet Pure Wings 2 = 2x 7.50€ = 15€.
>CPU fan
EKL Alpenföhn Brocken ECO = 34€

Total: 49€

>6 mo = 4 yrs
Nice job, faggot.

Thx will look into the cpu cooler tomorrow

Browsing, 4k youtube, music, photoshop, occasionally play old games, web design, some audio editing.

You'll probably get away plenty with a cheaper MB and an i3-6100.

> 4k youtube
> photoshop
No gpu.
I'm not a really experienced, but is this gonna be ok?

Good cooler, similar to the 212 Evo. If you're german, which i guess because of the PCGH cooler, take at look at their reviews.

Close, I'm a dutchy. Thx, I will.

Current onboard GPU should be fine for watching 4k. Photoshop doesn't require a GPU, but it helps a lot with many features. I suggest getting an i3 and invest the saved money into a RX 460 or something.

I really want an amd cpu and gpu combo to troll my m8s.
Which ones should I take for a $700 build?

pcpartpicker.com/list/9gQcgL
How does my build look? I'll be playing at 1080p/144hz.

nothing can go wrong/10

While we are on the topic I'll post the pc I'm building, I have no knowledge of this stuff as it's the first time I'm building a pc.I mainly want to know if I need to get additional parts like fans or something.

pcpartpicker.com/list/BymxxY

And yes, I have money, otherwise I wouldn't have chosen the parts

>Browsing, 4k youtube, music, photoshop, occasionally play old games, web design, some audio editing.
I don't know what old games you play, but most should be fine without a dedicated GPU. You also probably won't need a 6600K for this.
This i5 build should do it: pcpartpicker.com/list/B26pQV

Have you considered a large air cooler instead of that AIO? They can be quite noisy with their stock fans, which is why a lot of people still end up replacing the fans on a >$100 part.

>Noise Level 37.7 dbA
>that rating is 24.6 dbA for a Noctua NH-D15

A 2TB HDD is cheaper than two 1TB HDDs. Do you really need that MB and memecooler if you don't know what you're doing? You can probably save a hundred bucks going for an aircooler and an ASUS Z170-A and still get the same performance.

>$3k build
>no titan x
autism.
Get a better keyboard, and teach yourself how to make a custom loop. If you're set on a 1080, go with Zotac or PNY.

>>$3k build
>>no titan x
No shit, it includes an overpriced gayming monitor, keyboard and speakers.

someone on here told me 2 terabyte drives have a higher failure rate so he suggested I got 2 one terabyte drives

That guy is an idiot, don't do it.

and I have no idea what an aio is but I assume you are talking about my cooler and trying to suggest water cooling like
this user. I don't want to get into water cooling so that's not an option for me
if you guys could suggest me a better keyboard that's a better or similar price please let me know, also if you can find me a 144hz 1440p monitor better than this one let me know, like I said I am new to this

Your cooler IS a water cooler. How could you NOT have known this?

I wouldn't know because I know nothing about this stuff, why do you think I'm asking you. guys?

so if I have a water cooler what's the issue? I've heard good things about my cooler

>MAXIMUS AUTISM VIII - Special Chromosome Edition
>I have no knowledge of this stuff
This is a true statement and your build proves it. People like you should get prebuilt systems before they throw $3k at the jews and afterwards complain about how shit the parts are because they broke something.
Pic highly related

Alright thanks for the constructive feedback, it really helped me out

It has a pump that makes noise and could break, rendering the entire thing useless. The fans that are on the radiator by default are bad and loud. It might have a little better cooling than most air coolers, but you won't ever need or notice that.

On the other hand, a normal heatsink with a fan has nothing that could go wrong, no liquid that could leak, no pump to fail. The only thing that can possibly break is the fan, which is easy and cheap to replace. Air coolers are usually a lot quieter and cheaper at the same performance.

All In One water coolers like that Corsair usually have smaller (relatively speaking, 120 instead of 140 or 150mm) fans at high RPM. An air cooler with a big tower or split tower heatsink and several fans will give you the same cooling performance at a lower price and with less fan noise. Unless you're going for a small case like Mini ITX and can't fit a large cooler, you'd best reserve water cooling for entirely custom loops.

youtube.com/watch?v=51hQUYp40nU

The Masterliquid Pro 240 in this image has two 120mm fans, just like the model in your build.

Do you mind linking me a good air cooler?

He's right, you know? You should just get a prebuilt system and use it to educate yourself. The information you need is on google and youtube. We're not gonna waste out time researching for you.

lmgtfy.com/?q=good cpu air cooler

>People like you should get prebuilt systems
It actually is constructive feedback. Because that's what's going to happen if you buy parts worth $3k and have no idea what to do with them.
Hell, you don't even know what AIO is. Prebuilt systems exist for a reason and it's no shame to buy one if you have no clue, which is the case for you.

Ok but I'm choosing to make my own pc and it seems I have a fairly good build minus the cooler, so it's not a waste of parts, you guys said my keyboard, speakers, monitor, hard drives are shit but never said why, so I assume it's because they aren't dirt cheap, most people on this board are poorfag neets anyways

>most people on this board are poorfag neets anyways
At least we know how to assemble computers and which parts to pick.

still didn't tell me while my parts are shit other than grasping at buzzwords and calling me tech illiterate

I already stated numerous times I am not a computer genius so you don't need to state that irrelevant shit over and over

>didn't even know that his cooler was a water cooler

I'd be curious to see what that build would look like without the help of the compatibility filter.

pls help

What makes you think you're in any way, shape or form entitled to get our advice on what to buy with your mom's credit card? Insulting the people you're expecting help from isn't gonna help you all that much either.

And stop using words you don't know the meaning of.

>hurr spoon-feed me durr
Literally nigger/children mentality.

>no idea about computers whatsoever
>calls others poorfag neets
Yep. Go Mac. People like you are probably even too retarded for a basic Windows office PC. You autist didn't even manage to read the OP. This alone tells stories about your mental capacity.
Anyways.. do whatever you want with your dads money since it seems he agreed on your precious (((GAMING RIG))) present for christmas.

I didn't insult anyone, man up baby. And if you didn't read the thread, it clearly states for people to get advice on their pc so I am entitled.
Name one misuse of a word because I guarantee you are 5 years younger than me at least, that's why you all have no money and get mad whenever someone with a job buys expensive parts

Just fuck off already and buy something already assembled for your rich highness' convenience instead of shitting up this thread with whining about nobody wanting to spoonfeed you.

Alright I'll ignore the flaming autists and just try to have a civil discussion like my original intent, anyways I changed my horrific build and improved on it so here it is

pcpartpicker.com/list/kBWzXH

Not enough LEDs, you fokin pleb.

The 212 EVO isn't bad but it's sort of a 'value' option in the sense that you will hear it more under load than other coolers.

pcpartpicker.com/products/cpu-cooler/#W=0&c=30&F=0&X=2053,9063&sort=d4&page=1

The Noctua NH-D14/15, Cryorig H7 or be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 are good options if you want to spend a little more than 'budget' tier for good acoustics.

You can get a 3TB HDD for the price of two 1TB HDDs. Are you sure you need 32GB of RAM? People who need that much usually know what they're doing. You can always buy more and add it afterwards if you notice it's not enough.

That case looks like something my 15 year old son would want.

thanks I will check out the noctua, and yeah about the hard drive some misinformed idiot told me that 2tb cards and 3tb cards have a high failure rate, it could be true but he was probably exaggerating quite a bit

I don't really feel like building a pc and want to just buy a refurbed desktop and upgrade it. wut do

and there we go, is this Sup Forums approved now?

pcpartpicker.com/list/7ZKKsJ

Is it worth picking up a Fury now, or should I just get a 1070/wait for Vega? I'd like to get a 1440p monitor soon too, and Freesync looks pretty nice.

Entirely depends on how cheap a deal you get on it. It's an old card and the only one I can find is 350 bucks, for which you can get better alternatives.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202186 240 USD after coupon

I'm very happy with mine but I'm only at 1080p.

So my first PC build fried because I had a bad PSU. I got a new PSU via RMA and I have decided to take another whack at building a PC.

This PC will be a slow rebuilding process. I am going to start this build with a new mobo and case, and use old parts as temporary. Overtime I will add all of the new parts listed on this list.

Opinions? Im only kind of worried about the case. It looks god tier with its filters and routing chamber, but im kind of worried it will be too wide.

pcpartpicker.com/list/XbmmNN

>im kind of worried it will be too wide
Too wide for what? Shove it up your butt? Likely.

You could go with a micro ATX MB instead and shove everything in the similar but smaller Air 240, considering you're opting for that short GPU anyway.

Yeah I have considered the Air 240. As for why it would be too wide, this may sound kind of autistic but I have to transport this PC to a friend's place to download stuff because my internet is shit, and I live far out in the country.

Nothing right now. Have to wait for Zen + 570

Need 3000MHz RAM while you're spending your mom's money

Vega, Furys are old and hot. Having said that they are tempting at their current price point

Seems like a weird case.. you might look into a bench case if you're already going that wide

Heh, I sometimes go to a friend's place with my laptop and external drive to download stuff becaues his internet is literally 50 times faster than mine. He lives just 2 blocks away.

If you really carry it around alot, how about you go miniITX and a 380t?

I myself have a Corsair Vengeance C70 and the handles come in handy when moving back and forth between two places every once in a while.

I have definitely considered the micro build, I in fact have an exact copy of the build I posted in micro form:

pcpartpicker.com/list/7HCpm8

But the mid-tower build has a CD drive, which is nice because I have a big DVD collection. And plus it just has more room for future expansion, etc.

Im currently just weighing out my options.

And I could also get this case instead which has an optical bay, and ironically enough more room for a bigger GPU.

pcpartpicker.com/product/WcphP6/silverstone-case-tj08be

Can't go wrong with the ammo box.

USA, Web browsing, Downloading, 15khz 240P gaming.
pcpartpicker.com/list/KGKKsJ
Just looking for something small and quiet to hook up to an old trinitron. Onboard video will run to a hdtv for couch pc for youtube and shitposting, 6670 will be reflashed for 15khz and I will use crt_emudriver for proper res.. Already have a main rig and a laptop.

This will only be emulating up to and including 5th gen so it is a bit overpowered but I didn't want to build on a legacy socket.

Rating and suggestions appreciated.

>inb4 neets bitching about cost and xXxG4M3RLYF3xXx telling me to get an unlocked quad core and a better gpu

I'd get a G4400 instead, it's just a couple bucks more. I'm not up to date on the Intel HD graphic 510, but it should make the 6670 obsolete.

Anyone have a preference for M.2 SSDs?

the dgpu is only to output 240p rgb transcoded to ypbpr and fed to an old sd tube tv so I can play old games in original resolution with the highest possible color fidelity.

I was going to use the pentium over the celeron but it's just not needed.I started with a 4400, better chipset, SSD, 8gb ram and started chopping everything it didn't absolutely need. I forgot to mark it but I already have the cpu cooler.

crucial mx300 is what I have, seems fine and has an extra 24-45gb over the other guys.

What sort of M.2? The fast ones, or the cheap ones?

Just one that is good. I am kind of biased towards samsung but I just wanted to know if there are any better ones out there

Samsung's the best right now. There isn't a contest because Samsung has a monopoly on good SSD components which lets them sell powerful SSDs cheaper than their competitors.

Samsung is indeed the best all-around (Intel is the best if we're not considering pricing).

However, Crucial makes good SSDs and Sandisk is hit-or-miss.

Everything else you can disregard.

that's a great build

are you planning on going multi-gpu or something tho? because 850w seems like overkill. it seems like that'd take up 650w at most

Should I upgrade?
pcpartpicker.com/list/CTCZXH

Why would you get 2 980tis at this point in time? If it's the hybrid cooling you're a retard.

I said "Should I upgrade?"
As in "I already have these parts, is it worth ditching a dead platform right now?"
This is what I want to upgrade to before Kaby Lake drops. I might skip that gen and wait for Cannon Lake to upgrade again.
pcpartpicker.com/list/HxsV2R
I'll probably throw out the older AIO for a newer one.

Yeah, that plus the Android Pay stuff makes it like 225, which is pretty tempting.

What's the ETA on Vega? I'd heard Q1, but that might have just been for Zen.

Vega was Q2-Q3, most likely Q3 last I heard.

Q1 is Ryzen.

Just say what you want to put in it and that will decide if mini ITX can work for you.

Chances are if you only need to put in a regular size GPU, a single water cooler or tower air cooler, 16gb RAM, one or two HDD, two SSD, then there are many mini ITX options that can work for you including ones with carrying handles + great airflow.

The only restriction is that you get one PCIE slot for one card (you probably are doing that), and that you also are limited to maybe four storage drives. Some cases even allow for dual CPU water coolers.

250d is basically a 380t with a CD drive