Icecat?

Firefox is starting to creep me out, so I'm thinking about bailing.
How does Sup Forums like Icecat?

Other urls found in this thread:

nonfree.pizza/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's free as in freedom. I use it.

Rebranded, slower version of Firefox.

It protects me from nonfree pizza.

nonfree.pizza/

It's slow as fuck and hangs constantly.

I had a good experience with it like 2 years ago.

that was great thank you

Y'all can hate 'n shit, but give an alternative then, otherwise your just being a dick

I keep it as a backup browser. I approve of its philosophy and it's not bad at all.

The alternative is what it's forked from you dumbass.

Firefox died when it implemented that retarded new theme.

The thread is about firefox alts, the whole point is that FF is doing bs and I'm looking for an alt

Anyone who gave a shit switched to chromium years ago. The rest will stay with ESR due to addons.

But chromium is all google based and shit, and isn't chromium where the "okay google" mic always on bs was first found on?
It may be open source, but that doesn't mean anyonr actually looked at all the code and understood whay data was being leaked and not.
I currently would rather sync my logins with FF just cause mozilla probably gives less shits about them than google and master password ftw

You're using a phone. Holy fucking shit you're retarded.

Lolwut
Care to elaborate? How does using a phone = retard

wow about:config is hard huh?

Due to the way cell phone networks work any phone doubles as a tracking device. If your carrier or government really wanted to they could pinpoint your exact location and a pretty damn extensive history of all the places you've been at without any problem.

I know its based off chromium, and is arguably shit, but any defenders?

Also stop typing like a braindead newfag for fuck's sake. Learn fucking English.

So you are saying to not use a phone? Or open the phone and rip out the gps? Or that not being tracked is pointless?

Ouch

Don't listen to memers, get icecat if you can. All the addons, sane privacy defaults.

>you already got stabbed in the kkdney
>So why are you trying to avoid getting stabbed in the shin

Jesus I'm sick of this argument. You can still take steps to protect parts of your privacy you know. It isn't like it's an all or nothing type of deal.

Thanks m8

Ikr, and corporations and gov. are different things ontop of that

I'm saying unless you deal drugs, are a high profile political dissident in a repressive country or have some super secret info you don't want the world to know (which you wouldn't share over a fucking browser then) it's pointless to worry too much about muh privacy, because we're so immersed in the botnet the only way to beat it is to drop out of society Unabomber style.

you stupid cunt, not only you are leaving aside online banking but you are a sick motherfucker wanting all sort of hacking and identity theft to happen

Not all corps share all their info. with each other, botnet meme can be taken seriously if you use w10, fb, twitter and all that other bs, but if you make a bit of effort you reduce the amount of info your sharing substancialy, and this the usability of that info.

If I get word that FF is "tracking user actions" it is my duty as consumer to find an alternative, if I don't, the FFOS model is meaningless

Lol this thread is sparking some realtalk

Can anyone who installed icecat on his phone tell me if the exhemtai plugin can be installed on it or is it like firefox 50 where it downloads it but never shows the prompt for install?

Read my post again, I'm not saying it isn't worth it to TRY, but blocking targeted ads and installing a distro won't save you from the real big faceless agencies and organizations out there. I'm saying we can only do so much because we live inside the botnet for all purposes, you autistic fucks.

We're all friends here m8, no need to call us autistic fucks you terrets infested fucktard

You got me m8, now my search history includes exhemtai, search correctef to exhentai, fucking hell.

Use Palemoon

I can see all the addons, not sure what you mean?