Comcast in charge of hiring competent and moral human beings

>comcast in charge of hiring competent and moral human beings

youtube.com/watch?v=sCEzEVJkO1U

Other urls found in this thread:

corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/a-statement-about-the-incident-in-indianapolis
google.com/maps/@39.7494774,-86.3075504,3a,75y,275.35h,73.15t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sz_RJvcMJPR-s2ZISg4J6nw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i27
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>usa is a first world country

Its the midwest, of course it isn't.

t. midwestener

Americans are like stubborn little apes. How selfish.

those are some nice digits, my boy

Jesus christ that truck crash. Fucking animals. Serious question, and I promise I'm not baiting: Why the fuck are Americans so... brainwashed and lacking in empathy. It's like they have absolutely zero care for their fellow Americans. Did the CIA do something? Because the level of apathy is inhuman. Jesus fucking christ.

>shoving a camera in a dude's face that is trying to work in freezing temps

dude's probably making minimum wage

show me on the doll where the american touched you

I dont know enough about Yank regulations, but if you think he might be causing accident's, isn't calling cops to figure this shit out better option?

He did and it took an hour for them to arrive

Quality 'murrican services, from internet to cops.

no he's not fucktard

He should've called the cops. Cops would've probably told those Comcast retards to leave.

kill yourself

He didn't even bother to put up a sign warning of the lane closure. There's probably supposed to be a guy directing traffic there also.

>put all of the traffic cones right behind your truck

Either this guy didn't understand that they're supposed to be a visual warning for traffic, not a physical defense for yourself, or he's an incredibly lazy piece of shit.

>they have absolutely zero care for their fellow Americans

we're programmed to be drones and just do our jobs like the comcast guy

because if we don't then everyone will think we're niggers

He may have put the VLC a bit further up the road, especially after all the shit that happened.

But I have respect for that guy because he's just badass. Look how he just gives not even a single fuck when all these cars crash. He just goes on.
Imagine working his job.
His job is most likely not very fun, as most people will only call him out to their home when something is not working and then they'll be dicks to him, implying it's his fault. It's the only logical reason why he just doesn't react. He probably has to deal with stupid mad americans every single day and became numb.

muh dick

Imagine if a bus full of kids got wrecked

All he had to do was put his cones a bit further up. Every blue collar job is big on safety and liability.

Comcast would have won the lawsuit.

It's not their fault that some shitty drivers can't react fast enough. Furthermore, did you even get a good look at the truck involved in the accident? The guys in the video said the speed limit in that area is 40 MPH. That truck was going at least 55.

>666
>believing what satan wants

Thank god that comcast guy didn't put the cones further up.

network neutrality, roads edition

No they wouldn't
Because they would have settled long before it went to court

LMAO HOLY SHIT user

I'M LEGIT SCREAMING

top kek

>mfw driving in snow and ice today
>mfw sliding all over the place

>mfw didn't crash and lived to shitpost another day

I may or may not work for Comcast.

>uses phone to film and bitch
>doesn't call the police
every single person there is retarded

>mfw living in ohio
>mfw the roads are cleared and salted before I even leave for work

>Jesus christ that truck crash. Fucking animals. Serious question, and I promise I'm not baiting: Why the fuck are Americans so... brainwashed and lacking in empathy. It's like they have absolutely zero care for their fellow Americans. Did the CIA do something? Because the level of apathy is inhuman. Jesus fucking christ.

Because generally our feelings are that having empathy for people can lead to them taking advantage of you. For example those cars were all speeding, hence no time to stop with the ice. On the other side of this people are calling and bitching at Comcast because their service is out.

They did.
They arrived 1 hour later

I wonder why Indiana doesn't have state laws that prohibits parking on hills and curves? Literally any state with hills or mountains and gets snow has laws that prohibit parking on any sloped surface without a shoulder or designated parking lane.

>mfw northern michigan
>it's a fucking arctic desert
>a few dead trees dot a cold white hell
>snowed in so deep that I can't leave the house
>have to work from home
I hate winter.

yea the comcast guys are idiots but why didn't the guy taping call the cops? and even more important, why are people driving that fast on that fucking road? that truck was going way, way too fucking fast.

>have to work from home
I wish I had that luxuary. Unless it's so bad that it's illegal to drive than i'm expected to come in, but as I said in it usually doesnt get that bad unless theres practicably a blizzard

>triple dubs

>look motherfucker
>i got shitposters offline
>i got 10 year olds out on snow day who need to play minecraft
>theres housewives who need to be watching the view
>do you have a job to do because I fucking do

Wow, america is so great!

actually it is

I can attest. I had that job and at least 75% of people are dicks to you just because they hate the cable company. Obviously I have no familiarity with driving in the snow, but in pissing rain or the dark nobody got into an accident with my truck. At my company he was meeting all of the safety requirements especially for the cones, if the speed limit is below 50 he isn't required to put them any further up the road. All those people are retards for not driving at least 20 miles under the speed limit with such thick snow and ice on the road. Sp I don't feel bad for this guy at all. I hope he didn't get into any trouble just because this guy recorded this video. I'm positive my supervisor would have done the same and not gave a fuck. Hes most likely just trying to get out of the road altogether ASAP so hes more concerned with his work, also if they are phone provider in that area they are more required to get phones up and running for safety than for retards who don't how to drive.

tl;dr
I'm with the comcast guy

All the people who crashed were going to fast. You can try to blame comcast but it mostly looked like the fault of the drivers.

I wouldn't generalise every American as half brain dead, but there are a lot of them. I would chalk it up to us not having the culture and history that many European countries have when it comes to commiseration and togetherness. A majority of people in the US make everything about themselves or have never needed to be empathetic.

>40mph speed limit
it should be 10 mph on a snowy day like that

>Go home CIDF

Hi OP!

>what is driving on an icy road

Should the Comcast workers put cones at the foot of the hill AND had people managining traffic? Yes. Is it their fault for that wreck? Partially. If the idiots driving not been speeding, it could have been avoided. Case in point: Their all at fault.

yeah and most insurance policies will say "Oh you weren't driving as safe as the weather conditions required looks like it was your fault." It was the drivers fault, the comcast guy didn't break any laws. and he was probably only parked there for less than hour is why he didn't want to spend 30 extra minutes walking ones to the top of the hill. He also probably only had 6 cones on his truck and they had strobe lights on no way someone couldn't see from the very top of the hill.

Because Americans aren't a nationality lol

>defending Comcast even though they already took the blame
corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/a-statement-about-the-incident-in-indianapolis

Um, do you fucking know OSHA rules you idiot? He broke all of them. After the first accident, he was REQUIRED to get a flagger. Your place of operation is over a hill? You're supposed to have work signs at the top of the hill at MINIMUM. Especially in snow and bad traffic conditions. This doesn't even meet minimal safety even given that it was a nice and beautiful, sunny, dry day.

They're not all at fault. Many of them were driving carefully and slowly. There wasn't enough warning and given that the site of operation was right after the top of a hill, they should have closed the entire road off or delayed work until conditions bettered.

This easily violates several regulations with OSHA. They didn't even try.

If anything, the insurance companies are going to prefer suing rather than issuing payment for all these drivers. I can already see a cash settlement coming from Comcast as we speak.

>A undersides worker
>Have to deal with utility poles in the freezing snow
>Place your cones
>Get blamed cause fags are going 50 on 40 mph an icy road,c causing accidents.

i was driving home today and the mail car was in front of me dropping everyones mail in the boxes as he/she drove by

so the cars behind the driver would just pass on the left

however when i got behind him he was just moving up, so i was in the middle of the road for a few seconds

:^)

All of that may be true, however it was EXTREMELY irresponsible and reckless to not provide a very visible way of getting around. If you are that Comcast guy at the very least for your own safety you should put up more cones. I would be upset as a manager because there would be a chance of having the vehicle damaged as well.
What would piss people off (and rightly so) is that the solution to this fuck up is so glaringly obvious that to not do it would mean the guy obviously knew and INTENDED to cause "accidents". I don't see how you can side with him and not see that as a possibility.

why are you guys defending the worker? i'm not by any means saying he is evil, we all know he is a guy trying to do a job

the thing is, this was at the bottom of a hill, the guy could have just as easily used his truck that has 4x4 or awd to pull onto the side of the road, it isn't that hard - i've drove through snow before with one

but definitely agree too that these faggots were driving too fast, that dark blue/black truck made me cringe

>they literally did everything to not say:
>it was our fault
>we're sorry
>we will be paying retributions

All this statement says is that they will begin investigating it. by saying he was concerned with what he saw he most certainly means the retards speeding on this road or the crybaby holding the camera that didn't call the police. Did the police even tell them they had to do something about it? is anyone suing? If you legitimately think that they are in the wrong then seek legal counsel.

You can;'t just say "They did something wrong but it will never hold up in court" when your holding a high quality footage of the incident...

It is ridiculous to imply that he INTENDED to cause accidents. I'm sure the first thing going through his mind was "If I hurry I can be off the road in less than 30 minutes"

Oh it's this video again. Everyone in that video is at fault, most fault lying with the driver's of the vehicles. They were driving improperly configured vehicles way too fast for conditions. every driver in that video should have their driver's license revoked.

>go to glovebox
>pull out .45
>"Move your truck or i climb over you dying corpse and move it for you."

Problem solved.

I'm not defending him, he might have no acted 100% in compliance which the guidelines, but the drivers were at fault. No, his truck is not AWD.

You don't drive fast in low visibility and low grip conditions, you don't follow so fucking close, and you never ever speed over a crest.

"Fuck you, I got mine!"

Not even 100%. You can drive perfectly and still crash given the conditions of the road, the fact that the warning comes after the crest of the hill, and seeing as there is already a pileup.

Very clearly, this guy has broken OSHA standards. If this was in a DOT jurisdiction, he'd be breaking DOT regulations as well. The Comcast employees will probably not face criminal charges, but I'd definitely at least try to get them on criminal negligence. This was just stupid and easily preventable.

you know, after rewatching, i kind of agree with you guys now

the drivers had their role to play in this for sure, look at this idiot just hit the sedan that is driving slowly like you should on an icy road

i dont know why people try to talk about the speed limit of the road, because under those conditions the posted speed limit is not valid.

but when you drive in the winter without actual snow tires, and think that a 40mph road is still 40mph like that, shit happens.

if they really cared they would have simply called the police

Why dont americans know how to drive in icy conditions?

People already consider the speed limit 10 over whatever posted so they are never going to go under the limit itself

>You can drive perfectly and still crash given the conditions of the road
The chance of that happening with the right equipment and proper driving is so minuscule that you shouldn't even think of it as a possibility.
>the fact that the warning comes after the crest of the hill
A crest is ALWAYS hiding a potential hazard. Always. This is why in rally your co-pilot will call out crests, so you can slow down and be aware.
>and seeing as there is already a pileup.
Caused by poor drivers, yes.

People need to stop ignoring bad driving and unfit vehicles because they pose a threat 24/7/365.
Almost no one does, including most Europeans. The only people I've seen capable of driving in snow (other than people who train how to do so) are the ones from Northern Europe and that's mostly because they understand the importance of winter tires so there isn't that much difference from driving on plain old wet pavement.

>going so fast up a blind hill that you cannot stop in time

because we stay home and drink beer

This would never happen in a first world country like Japan.

because no one in Japan owns a car

I'm talking about the arrogance and selfishness, obviously.

Many of the cars clearly weren't speeding and they still had to veer off the road because the dumbass didn't post any sort of warning about the lane closure. He apparently didn't even have a flag man to signal people through safely.

>The chance of that happening with the right equipment and proper driving is so minuscule that you shouldn't even think of it as a possibility.

Not everyone has four wheel drive or snow tires. Do you expect these people to just not go to work? If the road is open, the authorities are essentially saying that anyone that passes state inspection can safely drive. This obviously wasn't the case, and I think the people that didn't crash were the ones with 4WD.

>A crest is ALWAYS hiding a potential hazard. Always. This is why in rally your co-pilot will call out crests, so you can slow down and be aware.

What happens if you don't go fast enough over a hill with ice on it? You slide back? You have to maintain a certain speed to just get over that hill in the first place. If it was the case that the conditions were too terrible to drive over that hill safely without potentially hitting the internet vehicle, then they needed to shut down that road for work. That, or wait until conditions got better.

>Caused by poor drivers, yes.

Apparently multiple bad drivers. The pileup wasn't one driver, most cars ended up crashing into the ditch and onto other peoples' properties.

>People need to stop ignoring bad driving and unfit vehicles because they pose a threat 24/7/365.

They all passed state inspection. There isn't a inspection sticker for driving in bad weather.

If you don't go fast enough, you slide back down the hill and hit the other cars. They had to maintain at least 20MPH just to get over that hill probably.

all you eurofags don't know how much we burgers hate this company already

>implying I'm wrong

>implying you're not out of arguments.

americans seem to have this mentality that as long as they're not doing anything technically illegal, or if someone else is potentially partly responsible for something bad happening to them, they're not remotely at fault for their injury and don't have to extend any care or concern whatsoever.

go visit /justrolledintotheshop and see how cheap people can be

>You go get an oil change done in the summer time,
>tech tells you that your tires need to be replaced
>you brush him off as him trying to upsell you some shit you don't want, you can clearly see they are not bald yet
>winter comes
>you take your your usual way home, its snowing so you're not going that fast
>you go over the crest of the hill, and see an obstacle ahead,
>you press on the brakes, your tires are almost bald
>you slide around until you end up in a ditch, steering isn't doing shit,
>the momentum of the car is deciding where you are going to end up
>you're in the ditch now
>you blame everyone except yourself

America isn't a country, it's a business.

This

The way those cars are slipping and sliding they shouldn't have been going more than 10-15mph but more than a few of them were trying to challenge that speed limit. They're dipshits that got what they were asking for.

We live in a litigious society where often times extending a helping hand just makes you liable in case you fuck up by accident. It's a cover your ass mentality. Blame lawyers.

Having said that, that roadwork was totally half-assed. Even though that truck was speeding on shitbox tires the fact that 4 cars had slid off the road immediately prior to that accident is proof that their setup was just completely inadequate. People can't be expected to round every corner/hill as if there is unlabeled roadwork going on at a close distance. It's just common sense that that is a recipe for disaster. Those guys deserve to get fired and it isn't even up for debate. Also, I live in an area that is snowy in the winter and I've never seen a cable truck that far out into the middle of the fucking road for roadside linework. What a joke.

Just saying that even if you are going well under the speed limit icy roads can be unpredictable, especially if going downhill like in the video.

>Not everyone has four wheel drive or snow tires.
AWD is irrelevant. If you live in a place with winter and you don't purchase winter tires, you shouldn't be driving. It's no one's problem but you own if you can't afford them, that just means you can't afford a car in the first place. Everything else you said is just some bullshit about how much the cops know and how what's legal = best practice
>What happens if you don't go fast enough over a hill with ice on it? You slide back?
Maybe if you have the wrong tires, but with the right tires it isn't a problem.
>Apparently multiple bad drivers.
Yes, hence drivers. Plural.
>They all passed state inspection. There isn't a inspection sticker for driving in bad weather.
Indiana doesn't have safety inspection (not sure if all counties even require emissions testing) and state safety inspections are laughable and meaningless.

why do my tires have hair

okay i can understand maybe at first. the comcast guy had a shit attitude. after the first car sliding around you make a judgement call and reapproach the situation. comcast are horrible to their customers and this incident is no different.

>tech tells you that your tires need to be replaced
With Ning Dong All Seasons that won't do shit anyway. Mechanics are largely just as clueless as everyone else.

Capitalism

>It's no one's problem but you own if you can't afford them, that just means you can't afford a car in the first place. Everything else you said is just some bullshit about how much the cops know and how what's legal = best practice

Here's the thing, this shit is going to happen. Like there's no avoiding it. Even if every driver is good and gets prepared for winter, all it takes is one bad driver to ruin it all. That's why you shut down the road if it's that bad. Or you delay repair until better weather.

>Maybe if you have the wrong tires, but with the right tires it isn't a problem.

I dunno, I have 4WD and snow tires and I've slid backwards for not going fast enough before. My car is also pretty light.

>Indiana doesn't have safety inspection (not sure if all counties even require emissions testing) and state safety inspections are laughable and meaningless.

In Virginia, the DMV gets really ass pissed if your tires aren't up-to-par. The tires are the strictest things here.

>If you don't go fast enough, you slide back down the hill and hit the other cars. They had to maintain at least 20MPH just to get over that hill probably.

Here is a link to that "hill"
google.com/maps/@39.7494774,-86.3075504,3a,75y,275.35h,73.15t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sz_RJvcMJPR-s2ZISg4J6nw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i27

You will see the houses on the left hand side further up to street to exactly where these accidents are occurring.
People are driving too fast for the conditions.

>autonomous driving would have prevented this

>slow as school buses do fine
>everyone is speeding, and comcast Is not at fault.

I hate people like OP who think they are a hero for recording people and then posting it on social media for the masses to pass judgement. If there is an incident worth recording have some decency. Letting social media decide who is guilty of some crime is the worst thing to happen to society so far.

in a those conditions, you're supposed to space those cones out way more. that guy could already tell this was going to be a shit show and just wanted to finish the job.

on one side, i agree with the dude for doing his job but on the other holy shit he had the opportunities to prevent a lot of that.

School buses are also much heavier and probably have tires suited for the conditions because they're maintained by the local school district who doesn't want to be sued. Buses are probably the safest vehicles for dinky little crashes likes this though, the cars would likely be the ones that would be fucked up if anything.

i just don't know what kind of human being the comcast guy is. i can't imagine not being concerned with the situation and instead giving a shit attitude.