Install Fedora

>install Fedora
>try to connect to Uni wifi (eduroam)
>a weird setup window pops up
>try for an hour with no success after reading guides and trying different settings
>(yes, you need a fucking guide to even connect to Wifi on linux)
>give up and install Ubuntu (I hate how it looks)
>"alright it should just work with Ubuntu"
>same fucking thing, can't connect
>Go back to Windows
>I type in my username, password and I'm connected in less than 3 seconds

Fuck Linux

Other urls found in this thread:

uwaterloo.ca/information-systems-technology/services/eduroam/connecting-eduroam-wireless-network/linux-ubuntu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ok
where do i subscribe

Fedora doesn't come with nonfree drivers.
Ubuntu installs all the botnet by default

eduroam is not exactly your everyday wifi connection. I needed to read our uni guide to connect to it on windows as well.

>I needed to read our uni guide to connect to it on windows as well.
You'll need it the guide for maybe XP.

On any modern Windows you just click connect, type your username and password and that's it. That's how I've always done it.

Yeah, but not even Ubuntu worked.

>fell for fedora meme
>2016

>not using Windows 7 for your everyday tasks.
He fell for the Linux meme.

ROLL

Rolll

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ works for me

>he doesn't know what Wifi Protected Access with authentication provided by the Protected Extended Authentication Protocol in conjunction with Microsoft Challenge-Handshake Authentication Protocol is
>he doesn't know how to set up WPA PEAP/MSCHAPv2 in Linux with a fucking /GUI/

back to with you kiddo

Your shitty pajeet poo tier laptop probably uses some esoteric network adapter. All you need to do is install the correct drivers. Windows the manufacturer would have installed necessary drivers for you.

Rollin

>linux
>good
its windows 10 tier

What do you have to say about Ubuntu then?

>All you need to do is install the correct drivers
It's not a driver problem you retard.

It connects perfectly to home wifi but it seems anything other than standard authentication like an eduroam network is too complex for any linux distro.

nice blog

Roll

This is a bunch of bullshit. You're an idiot.

>leave out information
>YOU RETARDDDD
Nah mate you need to choose the correct authentication settings then fucking mouthbreather

Gentoo doesn't have this problem

>blame the user
This is some Apple-tier crap Lincucks always try to pull.

EDURoam is a VPN client that only works on Ubuntu, Mac OS X and Windows. I had to use this at my college.

On Windows it connects with no trouble and literally the only info I enter is my username and password.

Why would Linux need any more than that?

because MICROSOFT PEAP YOU LITERAL RETARD

Eduroam is such a pain to set up. It is the reason why I switched to networkmanager and never looked bavk. Even if the docs on my uni website are incomplete, NM connects fine every time.

>Why would Linux need any more than that?
It doesn't. This isn't a linux problem, this is a "your uni's IT/CS department are a bunch of fuckwits" problem.

At my uni, I just click connect and put in my username and passphrase. It just werks, windows, linux, or mac.

It's always the user cuck

Never used eduroam but seems easy:
uwaterloo.ca/information-systems-technology/services/eduroam/connecting-eduroam-wireless-network/linux-ubuntu

That's one of the guides I used.
Nope, didn't work.

this, OP is a total noob

Then it's something specific to how eduram is configured in your school?

It seems to work perfectly fine on Macs and iPhones, which one not Microsoft products.

are*

I looked on Google and seems to work fine on Linux too for most people. Have you considered that if you have a problem had doesn't mean others do too? You should concentrate on providing useful info about your hardware and software instead of bashing Linux go the sake of it.

I'm currently connected to eduroam with my x220 running Gentoo. kys

Works on my machine!! XD

It was easier to start this fucking thread with the frog.

This 2bh
And funny thing is it's easier to set it up on any linux than on Windows 10

...said no one ever.

This.

It took me like 30 seconds to connect to eduroam at my university.

Fucking nigger, because edu uses no certificate you need to turn that certificate off

in ubuntu, you need to update drivers including the wifi in order for the drivers to be fully functional. And you can do that by plugging the utp cable into your Uni router.
kek

> go to halfchin for memes
> shitty "X is shit bcz im stupid" thread
> brainlet frogposters everywhere
> holy no

Works on arch with gnome and networkmanager

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

eduroam is a fucking bag of dicks.
configuring that clusterfuck takes half a month no matter the OS.

In theory eduroam should let you configure your wifi once and then you can connect to any other university wifi that uses it.
In reality all universities have slightly different configurations and you end up having to keep a config for every uni you visit.