Is there a way to crack WPA2 encrypted wifi passwords?

Is there a way to crack WPA2 encrypted wifi passwords?

Don't think I'll be able to afford internet next month and there's like 10+ wifis around me I could try to perhaps brute force.

Other urls found in this thread:

magisto.com/album/video/Kz0jUl5EAQo-KHEPYnZLBns
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the only shortcut is WPS, you might get lucky and they have an easily crackable dictionary password or 8 digit one all lowercase with no symbols.

>bruteforce wpa2
No, either try to social engineer into this shit or try to get physical access and switch the network to wps

1. Evil twin attack
2. Capture a lot of handshakes and have a good wordlist
3. social engineering

Sure, if you have infinite time.

Do you people have any idea how horrifyingly bad most people's passwords are? Guarantee a good wordlist and ruleset would crack that shit in a day max on a modern GPU

Whom might I inquire is this semon demon?

Most WiFi passwords are random strings.

Send disconnect packets to people's laptops until they push the WPS button for you, then connect.

this. Get a good list and download hashcat and airdump-ng

l2google fag

>
>Most WiFi passwords are random strings.

Jup, Ive recently seen a random combination of 32 letters and numbers as fucking standard password. Just fum my shit up famalam
Also
>Send disconnect packets to people's laptops until they push the WPS button for you, then connect.
Agreed but only if these normies even know about wps

Evil twin attack is p good

get a high gain antenna, spoof your target's mac and bssid to your transmitter, start blasting out beacons at them until they reassociate with your AP. This will give you the password. Now unspoof and join the network. Ezpz.

Basically this Really the only problem is getting the password through the dictionary.

Getting the handshake is pretty easy, albeit a little longer to get with wpa2 but still much easier than the actual dictionary attack.

this is a bretty good plan. antenna would be hard for a poor fag though

Wow. I fucked that up.
Let me try that again.

(OP)

Don't listen to these idiots or anyone saying that you can't crack wpa2.
I've done it several times, surely there are multiple tools to accomplish this but here's how I do it.

All of the tools you need are in Kali or Backbox or you can hunt them down for your distro if you'd like.

Okay, first.

sudo wifite

Wifite (command above) will do the majority of the work for you it will scan for networks and allow you to select one that you want to crack. Once you select one it will attempt to crack the WPS pin. If that fails it will send deauthorization packets to kick someone off of the network and it will capture the handshake as they reconnect as a .cap file. The password is encrypted in the .cap file. Now use aircrack-ng to crack it.

aircrack-ng -w rockyou.txt -b 00:14:6C:7E:40:80 neighborswifi.cap

To make that command a little more clear it is aircrack-ng -w /path/to/dictionary/you're/using -b the BSSID of the network you're trying to crack followed by /path/to/the/.cap/file

To decrypt the .cap file use aircrack-ng (command above) with a dictionary. rockyou.txt is probably your best bet. You can easily find it with some googling.

This WILL work provided that your neighbors wifi password is in the dictionary you're using. Which is pretty likely to happen if you're using rockyou.txt and there are ten networks.

This is super easy to do especially after your first time.

There are three near me and I have cracked them all and they are all wpa2 and I have done many others. Good luck.

This is also a great idea.

Thanks senpai. Not Op but a random passerby. I've never had Linux installed except arch for like two days years ago when I was sick of Windows but then switched back right away. I should be able to do this with a bit of Google fu where I don't understand your terminology right?

Yeah, most of it is either aircrack or fluxion, I think you can use apt-get to get aircrack and fluxion is on github, and there are guides for all that shit on Google

lol Lucky you. How big is your rockyou dictionairy? The one I found googling didnt have my own and two neighbors passwords inside.

Just tested for practice purposes.

To OP, if you need Kali tools on other distros you can use katoolin to easily get them.

32.6 million

protip: kali comes with some wordlists (including rockyou).

they're in /usr/share/wordlists iirc

Bitch routers these days come with random n/c strings as default a dictionary is doing nothing unless whoever changed the password to some retarded common word

Ok cool. I'm gonna grab myself Kali Linux and get to cracking some unsuspecting college fuck's wifi to download some cheese pizza

>using rockyou
Ok you got me chap
Didnt thought about that
Congrats

Yeah basically. If you start from Kali or Backbox all you will have to do is run sudo wifite let it scan for networks then hit ctrl c, select a network to crack then it will capture the handshake and then all you have to do is run the aircrack-ng command I explained above. Although Backbox doesn't come with rockyou.txt that I'm aware of.

Wifite networks near me

>butthead
>samantha#1
>password123

magisto.com/album/video/Kz0jUl5EAQo-KHEPYnZLBns

Every single one of my mates home wifis are still set with the default string (because they don't know how to change it) like said. It's something like "UF7TK322HG1" just a bunch of letters and numbers mashed together; not usually any symbols though.

Pretty sure a brute force on something 10+ characters takes a decently long time, even with an insane GPU :'(