Why no one is talking about this? It's actually usable now. And no ublock origin is not enough

Why no one is talking about this? It's actually usable now. And no ublock origin is not enough

eff.org/deeplinks/2016/12/new-and-improved-privacy-badger-20-here

Privacy Badger 2.0 was released

New features with 2.0

Version 2.0 of Privacy Badger includes many improvements for users and developers, including:

• Support for “incognito” or “private” browsing
• Import/export capabilities, so you can export a backup of what Privacy Badger has learned about your tracker-blocking needs and import that into another browser
• Fixes to “break” fewer websites, ensuring that you can both block trackers and enjoy rich content
• Improved user interface translation for non-English-speaking users
• Blocks to prevent WebRTC from leaking your IP address
• Blocks to prevent HTMLl5 "ping" tracking
• Notable speed improvements (Firefox only)
• Multiprocess Compatibility (E10S) (Firefox only)
• A single code base for both the Firefox and Chrome versions

Other urls found in this thread:

ghacks.net/2015/08/18/a-comprehensive-list-of-firefox-privacy-and-security-settings/)
torrentfreak.com/vpn-anonymous-review-160220/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>And no ublock origin is not enough
y tho

>And no ublock origin is not enough
But I also use uMatrix

a lot of social and google shit is still leaking through "tracking list by Disconnect" not to mention more obscure sites you visit. Install and check in half an hour of casual browsing.

This is the true patrician combo. I have uMatrix set to block everything except for images and CSS by default.

Privacy Badger tries to heuristically identify trackers, as opposed to the simple blacklisting used by the others. So it has potential to block items that haven’t wound up on any of the publicly available filters yet.

I don't use any hosts file and like I said uMatrix will block everything, including unknown domains, (except for images and CSS) unless I specifically allow it.

>Why no one is talking about this?
Doesn't support my browser

I'm enjoying this myself. Also use uBlock, NoScript and HTTPS Everywhere, plus a proxy switcher

What if I have advanced mode enabled and 3rd-party scripts and frames are blocked?

install it and tell us your experience

Does this make self destructing cookies, adblockultimate and ghostery redundant?

>Self destructing cookies
No.

>Adblocker
No, as it's not an adblocker.

>Ghostery
Probably.

install Decentraleyes

>CSS
enjoy your turing-complete botnet.

>Privacy Badger tries to heuristically identify trackers
If the heuristics were any good it would block all websites

I've used it for awhile now, had no idea it wasn't considered usable... Works pretty well, main problem is sites so shitty that break entirely when trying to remove the tracking ad crap.

>Implying I don't have ABP, NoScript & uMatrix going all at once
Where do you think you are?

>Why no one is talking about this?
Because privacy online doesn't exist.

If you think otherwise you're delusional

No, if you think that privacy doesn't exist, you're being overly simplistic in your thinking. Privacy isn't an all-or-nothing attribute that you either have completely or lack entirely. It's a sliding scale. Complete, absolute anonymity is difficult but possible to achieve (people like Snowden do it), but it's not difficult to have an incomplete but worthwhile amount of privacy over and above "none".

You've just given up, and seeing others who haven't makes you uncomfortable, so you want them to stop trying, too.

You are wrong

>You've just given up, and seeing others who haven't makes you uncomfortable, so you want them to stop trying, too.
Whatever let's you sleep at night

You're more in denial than most Egyptian swimmers.

Or you're just being paid to convince people to submit to the botnet, one of the two.

>A person you disagree with provided reasonable and valid arguments
>Your response is: ''You're wrong''.

Why would I argue with a delusional person? Nothing I can possibly say might change his mind, so anything more than that is a waste of my time

so if you think that anyone who does anything to have any shred of privacy online is delusional, why are you in this thread? Why do you care?

I still think the most likely cause of this is that you wish you had privacy, don't have any because you can't be bothered to lift a finger to get it, and then denigrate others who do obtain some, the same way neets on /r9k/ make wagecuck threads.

It's never too late, user. Just because the botnet knows everything about you up to this point, doesn't mean you have to tell it any more. The only one stopping you is yourself.

You're mistaken with your usage. Our privacy is gone, and it's not coming back ever. The fight that's left now is over basic anonymity.

The disconnect list is shit, that's why you should enable the other tracking lists as well.

Appeal to futility fallacy. And you expect to be taken seriously while providing 0 arguments and having a condescending attitude.

You sound like a reasonable person. Can you recommend any other means of protecting your privacy online? I suppose that there are other reasonable people participating in this thread who may want to learn something.

Well first be clear about who you're defending against. Advertising companies and passive dragnet surveillance by governments aren't terribly hard to defend against, actually. They depend on most people not going out of their way to frustrate them.

>ad companies
Run uBlock Origin. Turn on all the additional lists in the settings. Optionally, install Reek's anti-adblock killer. (this is both a list in the settings and a greasemonkey script) Install an addon like Self-Destructing Cookies. Sure, ad companies have much more sophisticated fingerprinting techniques, but if they can get away with using plain old cookies, they will. It's a lot less work. Install HTTPS Everywhere and Decentraleyes. This gets you something worthwhile without a lot of work.

If you want to go further, install and use uMatrix. Set it to block scripts by default, and then only enable them if its needed to make a particular site work. A surprising amount of the actual content on the web is still readable without any JS. Install Refcontrol, a lot of places still track referrer headers. Run through the ghacks.net Firefox privacy guide, if you want to get down in the weeds. (ghacks.net/2015/08/18/a-comprehensive-list-of-firefox-privacy-and-security-settings/)

If you want to frustrate government surveillance, go get yourself a VPN or use Tor. Preferably after having done at least the first part of the above. Spooks with massive crypto-cracking supercomputers sound scary, but they'd really much rather just sit there and passively collect information on who contacted what, or tap ISPs and Google on the shoulder and ask for that info from them.

Anyway the other thing you should do is modify your behavior. The hardest part of this for most people would be ditching Google. Now, you've already accomplished something by the above, which will stop the Google Analytics script from running, which is where they collect a lot of their information from. But they still see where you go if you use their search engine. Switch to something like Startpage or DuckDuckGo. Ideally, switch to a different mail provider.

With Google or any other tracking company (Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, etc) if you must use it, don't just leave yourself logged in. Use it and then log out. This stops little scripts and social widgets on other sites from identifying you.

Get rid of Flash. Really. It's the current year. This stops you from having to worry about LSOs ("flash cookes") and other similar problems.

>other info
Picking a VPN: torrentfreak.com/vpn-anonymous-review-160220/

privacytools.io and prism-break.org both have a lot of general recommendations. With a bunch of links to read more.

What are you hiding?

This.
No one seems to talk about what is probably the best tracking blocker around.

Because the blacklists are manually added by humans. Which means you can never block everything on time and is susceptible to corruption by paid whitelisting.