Linux is great

>want to Inatall some certain library
>while installing installer remove whole DE
Great OS

I'd just like to interject for a moment; What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Where Stallman said that?

>unironically using loonix

are these threads made by bots?

Nowhere.

No, it's the Jews

Which distro, which library, which DE? Proof or we won't believe you.

>the Apt package manager

Seconding this. I can't see a situation where this would actually happen.

Weak bait

>are these threads made by bots?

Yes. I'm the bot wrangler that's been doing these shit posts for months.

Anything you want to know?

Can't confirm ops claims but I bad a similar issue in Ubuntu Mate 16.04, I installed a couple packages, rebooted and de was gone.

Easy enough to fix but annoying

FYI it's a new IP

I'm not that dude, but what he said is partially true considering that he didn't quite understand what happened. There are issues where DEs are incompatible with all kinds of stuff, e.g. GNOME with the proprietary drivers for R7 cards (at least on Debian and some Debian-based distros), and if you actually install them the DE won't be able to launch. There are many specific situations like this one, You fags new to GNU/Linux or something?

Perhaps if you had read the documentation you'd have seen a warning about that one specific situation. You're a retard and should stick to Windows.

> (You)
>FYI it's a new IP
?

Sup Forums pass users can see your IP user.

Just kidding, I've just meant to say that you're not shitposting OP.

"This shit is gay compared to my Linux distro" -- Posted from my Macintosh

For some definition of “bots” yes

Debian, mesa-vulkan-drivers, gnome 3

A random Richard.

>58010041
Oh (You)

Everything is written on standard output. It's a user error, i made it too, with cairo when i was a noob. At least i used linux unlike the OP.

sage