Can we all agree that Foobar2000 is the best media player currently?

Can we all agree that Foobar2000 is the best media player currently?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1885&bih=1014&q=deadbeef&oq=deadbeef&gs_l=img.3...327.988.0.1152.8.5.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..8.0.0.SgA76fH2NaY
github.com/Hual/foo_mediacontrol
github.com/Hual/foo_mediacontrol/releases/tag/v1.0-final
gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

b-but muh loonix

Bredy gud on Windows. Have you tried DeaDBeeF, OP?

>google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1885&bih=1014&q=deadbeef&oq=deadbeef&gs_l=img.3...327.988.0.1152.8.5.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..8.0.0.SgA76fH2NaY

No

>have to use some shitty, old, abandoned and barely functioning plugin to make it possible to control playback remotely

No.

It's not even close to Foobar. It doesn't have library support for starters. Just because it looks barebones upon the first startup, doesn't mean it's like Foobar. How about you actually inform yourself about it or maybe use the software before throwing such comparisons around?

Though I have no problem with Windows lurkers, can you stop making threads for a fucking Windows music player?

No

It's the only one that has all the components for the chiptune formats I listen to.
>inb4 deadbeef
Doesn't do usf/miniusf and a few others + it looks like shit.

Yes, by far.

Overrated trash.

What's a good music player for linux that isn't ugly and bloated as fuck, while also having good customizability.

MPD.

Gmusicbrowser, audacious, or an mpd frontend.

What's wrong with Winamp?

>best media player
A media player should be able to play videos.

I'm a loonix user, I don't have this player, I use Audacious.

Do you seriously think Sup Forums can agree on anything ?

Best in what?

>pulseaudio

If you can link me to good doc about pulseaudio I'd be glad of that. Otherwise, pic related.

No. Google Play Music.

cmus, my frraindss

Back to your safe space tranny

Yes, if it was on Linux this wouldn't even be debated.

Does anyone winamp?

I can't make foobar easily work with my ipod and the default "theme" looks like ass. It's lightweight which is nice, but I still don't know how to use it.

Yes

>le sjw epic maymay
You probably yell "feminazi!" whenever a SJW tells you to shut up while doing this here for no reason, right?

Make your own layout, play around with preferences. And for iPod, there's an easy to use iPod syncing plugin you can download. Just google it.

go away anita

Poweramp

>solarized
based

>all the loonixfags ITT triggered over something nice they can't use

>literally nobody in this thread is triggered
nice try bill but it won't be that easy to bait us cool linux users

Yes, but stop making these stupid threads.

what's a good thing to replaace windows media player or vlc

>stop talking about technology on the technology board

Go fuck yourself.

>Foobar2000 is the best media player
best music player, you moron

of course we can, it's also comfy as fuck

>technology
>russian botnet

It's literally not even a botnet.

my childs name is backwards on this screenshot

I had an issue with foobar and honestly didn't have an idea what to do. I tried to think of alternatives and couldn't come up with any. I think the last non-foobar player I used was winamp.

So to answer to your question I have no clue because I have never needed to try others before.

Go back to foobar.

I do still use it but it has an odd problem with an internet radio I sometimes like to listen. It randomly cuts out. Doesn't happen if I open the stream with VLC or any other player. Never used to happen with foobar either before I reinstalled windows.

mpd+ncmpcpp (Linux), MusicBee (Windows) master race. I'd use ncmpcpp for everything, but unfortunately it glitches the fuck out on some of the stuff I have that has cyrillic in the filenames and I don't feel like renaming my entire collection just to please a 'tarded windows binary. When I switch to Linux fulltime, though, I don't think that'll be an issue. It has to do with Windows retarded file naming format.

github.com/Hual/foo_mediacontrol

rate tbqh lads

0/10 since it's not pre-compiled.

10/10 if it was.

github.com/Hual/foo_mediacontrol/releases/tag/v1.0-final

works/10

nice work, lad.

now i need to replay one more time that album, thanks

what plugin for the integration in win10? plez i need it

>non-free software
no thanks

Why is UI customization such a mess in foobar? I miss the days when I could download a winamp skin from internet and it_just_werks.jpg. With foobar I have to have a specific version, download billion outdated and unrelated plugins and fiddle around in config files to get it work.

If you hate tweaking, foobar is not for you. Don't use it, it's that simple.

>foobar
>non-free

I would if there were any. Foobar is the least worst music player on windows right now. I'll probably switch back to winamp once the new devs stop dicking around and actually release something.

how an I get the library to update automatically?
I have been using foobar for a couple years but I never really needed it

Nonfree pig disgusting crap.

like this

>Free software is computer software distributed under terms that allow users to run the software for any purpose as well as to study, change, and distribute the software and any adapted versions

>Only unmodified installers can be redistributed; redistribution of foobar2000 binaries in any other form is not permitted.

>thinking anyone here cares

gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html
“Free software” means software that respects users' freedom and community. Roughly, it means that the users have the freedom to run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve the software. Thus, “free software” is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of “free” as in “free speech,” not as in “free beer”. We sometimes call it “libre software,” borrowing the French or Spanish word for “free” as in freedom, to show we do not mean the software is gratis.

>botnet

because the people who up their shitty custom skins for foobar always have a bunch of useless components that no one ever uses

Frankly it's fine by me whenever there are approximately 2,000 new ">mfw he uses Windows" and other such Linux circlejerk style threads every day.
Windows users should be able to discuss software, too.

oh cmon really, I'm a lazy fucker, give me the .dll pls

it seems I had already done that, but it says "error!" next to the folder name

DEAD COW

thank

>What is wine

>>have to use some shitty, old, abandoned and barely functioning plugin to make it possible to control playback remotely
>No.
literally what in the shit are you talking about

Normies can make due without Foobar.

I got a huge library of obscure video game format music that can only be played with Foobar

amen, brother. not that you can't play midi in fucking winamp or whatever.

instead of creating a pointless thread I will ask here instead

anybody uses hardware EQ? if so anybody can recommend any? I already have an audio interface

idk

idk

I asked for this

No, it's buggy, looks like shit, and the organizing sucks. Just like every other media player.

Speaking of MIDI music files. Does anyone know how MIDI files my be corrupted?

I have the System Shock soundtrack and the song's length varies greatly depending on what program I use to play it back in. Like by minutes in some cases. Naturally it sounds completely different. It's not sped up or anything. Just a very differnt arrangement with the same instruments and voices. Somehow the instructions are being interpreted wrongly. I know MIDI can have sub-songs and such but still...

Similar stuff happened just now with a .mod file I wanted to play back using the DUMB Module decoder. Load a file into playlist and it shows up as 2 different ones. Lenght reports back all buggy as well.

Anyone experience things like this before?

I like it. And that is why I use it.

Im pretty sure the foobar creator didnt make it free software because he didnt want millions of copies of it

>can't use
>wine is not a thing

>music
>all audio files are music

The problem is not really about Windows, it's about a Windows music player.

If someone runs Linux or BSD, even if they post about some music player, they likely know how to use bash, and the FLOSS communities are (thinly) bound to hardware (electric circuits, open hardware, low-level development, soldering) communities.

I'm ok with someone running Windows and involved in such communities or activities, even though I find soldering boring.

OP made a thread whose the whole point was a Windows music player. This simply belongs to technophile and/or Windows forums.

tl;dr: it's basically a desktop thread.

None of us is triggered.

0/10 replied to share my bait folder collection.

are you gonna cry about it

I feel your despair and the lack of sense in your life as a consistent revenge.

share more

That only happens to me when I pause the stream and then click play again. If I completely stop it and then play it without pausing it works flawlessly